Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would you guys think about playing Ole Miss in Memphis every year

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 13, 2006, 05:20:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

I know its not nearly a neutral spot considering Ole Miss is so close to the Bluff City but It could be our version of "Biggest Cocktail Party" (Georgia -vs- Florida) or "Red River Rivalry" (Texas -vs- Oklahoma)  1/2 the stadium blue the other 1/2 Red.   The only thing I can't figure out is what to call it ???

20K Arkansas
25K Ole Miss

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

12under

the only bad thing is not getting to go to the grove and see what seems like 1 million of the best looking girls ever

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 12under on February 13, 2006, 05:23:21 pm
the only bad thing is not getting to go to the grove and see what seems like 1 million of the best looking girls ever

The Liberty Bowl from their campus is like driving from Fayetteville to Fort Smith in distance. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

12under

if we can get them all to come, i say i'll be there in only a belt

hangfifty

There is no way that is goint to happen. Both teams have expanded their stadium for more revenue and that is not going to help. Not to mention our 2 games a year already in Little Rock. And Memphis sucks.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hangfifty on February 13, 2006, 05:36:00 pm
There is no way that is goint to happen. Both teams have expanded their stadium for more revenue and that is not going to help. Not to mention our 2 games a year already in Little Rock. And Memphis sucks.

I am thinking in terms of recruiting Eastern Arkansas, Western Tennessee and Northern Mississippi (Football & Basketball) I think it would be worth it.   Oklahoma is getting TONS of recruits out of the Dallas Metroplex.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

arkmolawhog

I would not be in favor of playing Ole Miss in Memphis every year. It might be interesting, however, to play every third year to allow for home and home games. Neither school will want to lose the revenue generated by a home game and that will be the deciding factor. While it would be a fun scenario in Memphis with all the fans of both teams that live there and in close proximity, we would be losing something by losing Oxford on the schedule. My wife and I went to Oxford this year and had a great time. It is a great college town and an easy trip for most Hog fans. The stadium is excellent. By the way, I disagree strongly that Memphis sucks. Make it over there once or twice a month. Good town.