Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Bracketology

Started by Adam Stokes, February 13, 2006, 04:50:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Has us as a twelve seed.  Not bad since we get to play overrated GW in the first round.  Hopefully we can solidy us as a bid with our upsoming games.  Simply glad to be on there at this point.

fu-man-soo

we cannot let ole piss beat us

Biggus Piggus

Overrated, 20-1 George Washington.  I hope you know these bracket projections are hooey. 

Garbage to see Cincinnati anywhere close to the bubble.

Anyway, since we're playing, Lunardi has

Tennessee a 2 seed in Minneapolis region
Florida a 3 seed in DC region
LSU a 6 seed in Atlanta region
Alabama an 8 seed in Atlanta region
Kentucky an 11 seed in Oakland region
Arkansas a 12 seed in Minneapolis region

I think this bracket shows what a massive pileup of teams there is beyond the top 30 or so.
[CENSORED]!

Hog_from_Tulsa

The aforementioned "overrated" GW has beaten some heavy hitters this season.....

Unless we're playing Northwest NC Polytech.......we'll be one and done in the Dance.....if we get that far....
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

3kgthog

Someone explain the Kansas seed to me. They haven't really beaten many better teams than we have and we beat them head to head. And in case you missed it, Kansas is on ESPN for the 29th time tonight.

thahawg

At this point I'm glad were in it!

pfrg999

Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on February 13, 2006, 05:09:27 pm
The aforementioned "overrated" GW has beaten some heavy hitters this season.....

Unless we're playing Northwest NC Polytech.......we'll be one and done in the Dance.....if we get that far....

Hey the Flyin Mary's from Polytech are pretty darn tough....

But no one wants to play the Flaming Richards from Brokeback Mtn University... or BMU
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

arkmolawhog

KU has improved dramatically over the course of the year. The Jayhawks are now 17-6 and 8-2 in the Big 12 with a RPI of 43. They are in sole possession of second place in a tough league. I would say their seed at 5 or 6 is about right unless they go into a late season swoon.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 13, 2006, 06:01:01 pm
Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on February 13, 2006, 05:09:27 pm

Hey the Flyin Mary's from Polytech are pretty darn tough....

But no one wants to play the Flaming Richards from Brokeback Mtn University... or BMU

I hear that you don't want to bend over to tie your shoes when playing BMU....

Hogwild07

At this point, do yall really think we deserve to be in the tournament.

HappyHog

Big 12 a tough league?  By what measure?

hogattack21

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 13, 2006, 06:32:58 pm

The team may not, but the fans sure do. We have stuck with this team through hell and high water. I really want to see this team in the NCAAT.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogattack21 on February 13, 2006, 06:37:03 pm
Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 13, 2006, 06:32:58 pm

The team may not, but the fans sure do. We have stuck with this team through hell and high water. I really want to see this team in the NCAAT.

WORD!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogwild07

Well yeah so have a lot of other fans on other teams.  The bracketologists don't look to see if the fans deserve it, they look at the team.  So far this team has not proven ANYTHING.  i want to make it sooo bad but I'm just saying it like it is.  I think we'll win some key games down the stretch to solidify our spot in the tounry.  We are going to upset Florida at home.

berryhog

Realistically, how many wins will we have to get to make the tournament ?

hogtheball

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 13, 2006, 05:42:25 pm
Someone explain the Kansas seed to me. They haven't really beaten many better teams than we have and we beat them head to head. And in case you missed it, Kansas is on ESPN for the 29th time tonight.

Kansas has won seven in a row with recent wins over OU, Colorado, and Nebraska (twice).  They are climbing the power rankings quickly.  With a couple more big wins, our win over them will become more significant.  Their year started out slowly, but they're coming on strong.  Never thought I would root for the Jayhawks before.       Oh, and before we start slamming their big 12 schedule, they beat Kentucky 73 - 46 last month.  Kansas is the one win that's putting us on the right side of the bubble right now.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: arkmolawhog on February 13, 2006, 06:03:43 pm
KU has improved dramatically over the course of the year. The Jayhawks are now 17-6 and 8-2 in the Big 12 with a RPI of 43. They are in sole possession of second place in a tough league. I would say their seed at 5 or 6 is about right unless they go into a late season swoon.
The Big 12 is down this year and is far from being a tough leauge. 

Biggus Piggus

KU improved dramatically as their schedule strength weakened.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

You guys, the committee knows how to deal with a win over Kansas in November vs. a win over Kansas in February.
[CENSORED]!

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2006, 07:46:36 pm
You guys, the committee knows how to deal with a win over Kansas in November vs. a win over Kansas in February.

Absolutely.....

hogtheball

Are you saying that if Kansas finishes the season at 22-7 and then wins the big 12 tourny, it doesn't become a significant win for us? Obviously it would be better to beat them this week, but it's not insignificant.  Certainly, if it comes down to a big 12 team or an SEC team on the bubble (which is a possibility)  That win would be looked at if Arkansas is one of the bubble teams.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Hog_from_Tulsa

It's possible.....but I'm not sure who the Big 12 bubble teams are........Colorado or Nebraska, I suppose.....with similar resumes as ours....

Pignominious

Quote from: berryhog on February 13, 2006, 07:11:18 pm
Realistically, how many wins will we have to get to make the tournament ?

20 is your magic number.  If we don't get 20 before the regular season is up we will have to win 2 in the SEC tourney.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

silvertip

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2006, 07:45:50 pm

Actually, KU improved dramatically as their schedule became tougher.

In the first 1/4 of their schdule, they played 2 top 50 teams and 1 team in the 51-100 ranks. Going 0-3 vs those top 100 teams.

In the last 3/4 of the schedule (17 games) they have gone 3-0 vs top 50 and 4-2 vs teams ranked 51-100. For a great 7-2 vs top 100 teams.

Kansas is on a 14-3 run in their last 17 games. I see no reason to belittle their schedule.

SwinerBock

Quote from: hogtheball on February 13, 2006, 07:18:43 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on February 13, 2006, 05:42:25 pm

Kansas is the one win that's putting us on the right side of the bubble right now.

Well, not the ONLY win.  According to last week's RPI, Missouri State was the highest ranked team we have beaten, and the only team in the RPI top 50 we had beaten.

But, yeah, from a purely unconscious-big-conference-bias standpoint, Kansas was a big win for us.

Richard_white

Quote from: silvertip on February 13, 2006, 08:37:05 pm

In the first 1/4 of their schedule, they played 2 top 50 teams and 1 team in the 51-100 ranks. Going 0-3 vs those top 100 teams.

In the last 3/4 of the schedule (17 games) they have gone 3-0 vs top 50 and 4-2 vs teams ranked 51-100. For a great 7-2 vs top 100 teams.

Kansas is on a 14-3 run in their last 17 games. I see no reason to belittle their schedule.

Belittle them no but they got beat by Missouri

SwinerBock

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 13, 2006, 08:40:22 pm
Quote from: silvertip on February 13, 2006, 08:37:05 pm

In the first 1/4 of their schedule, they played 2 top 50 teams and 1 team in the 51-100 ranks. Going 0-3 vs those top 100 teams.

Belittle them no but they got beat by Missouri

And we got beat by Mississippi State...  not much difference there.

Illinihog

Mississippi St. I'd say is better than Mizzou at this point.  We also beat Mizzou too.  This team hasn't done anything to not get into the Tourney.  If they finish 4-2, 5-1 they will get in a and deserve to get in.

hogtheball

Kansas got beat by Missoui, but they beat Kentucky by 27.

SwinerBock

Quote from: Illinihog on February 13, 2006, 09:07:14 pm
Mississippi St. I'd say is better than Mizzou at this point.  We also beat Mizzou too.  This team hasn't done anything to not get into the Tourney.  If they finish 4-2, 5-1 they will get in a and deserve to get in.

No offense, but I don't see how anyone can make the argument that Miss State is better than Mizzou, or vice versa, for that matter.  Miss State's most notable wins have been over Charlotte, George Mason by 2, and Arkansas by 2, and they've lost 8 of their last 9.  Missouri's most notable have been Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Kansas, and they've lost 7 of their last 9 and their coach (have to say that is a positive for them). 

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

If we played Kansas tomorrow they would freaking pown us. Our only chance would be if it were a home game for us. I think pretty much anyone in the nation sports media would say Kansas is significantly better than the Hogs right now based on their record and who they have beaten, even though they lost the hogs at the very begining og the season. Afterall, doesnt Kansas start 3 freshmen and 2 sophs?

hogtheball

Quote from: ShortHog on February 14, 2006, 10:07:39 am
If we played Kansas tomorrow they would freaking pown us. Our only chance would be if it were a home game for us. I think pretty much anyone in the nation sports media would say Kansas is significantly better than the Hogs right now based on their record and who they have beaten, even though they lost the hogs at the very begining og the season. Afterall, doesnt Kansas start 3 freshmen and 2 sophs?

I think we would have a tough time winning, but has anybody dominated Arkansas this year?  We're almost as good as anybody...

hogtheball

"we're almost as good as anybody..." that would be a great t-shirt for this team.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Yeah, I may have went overboard saying we would get owned, but I honestly do think we would lose. That is not a good sign. I like beleiving we can and will beat anybody.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2006, 05:02:37 pm
Overrated, 20-1 George Washington.  I hope you know these bracket projections are hooey. 

Garbage to see Cincinnati anywhere close to the bubble.

Anyway, since we're playing, Lunardi has

Tennessee a 2 seed in Minneapolis region
Florida a 3 seed in DC region
LSU a 6 seed in Atlanta region
Alabama an 8 seed in Atlanta region
Kentucky an 11 seed in Oakland region
Arkansas a 12 seed in Minneapolis region

I think this bracket shows what a massive pileup of teams there is beyond the top 30 or so.

I don't see the SEC getting 6 teams in the Dance.  Hell, the Big East is getting 8 or more. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

94 Hawg

Quote from: hogtheball on February 14, 2006, 10:29:43 am
"we're almost as good as anybody..." that would be a great t-shirt for this team.
lol, yes it would!
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

hogtheball

Here's the t-shirt.  I would wear it with pride...

[attachment deleted by admin]

hawkeyefan17

It's funny that people are hating on the Big 12 when the SEC is not much better and might be a worse conference this year, top to bottom.

hogtheball

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on February 14, 2006, 12:31:36 pm
It's funny that people are hating on the Big 12 when the SEC is not much better and might be a worse conference this year, top to bottom.

Well, maybe not to the bottom - Don't forget about Baylor...

hogsanity

Baylor beat Mizzu by 30+ last week. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE