Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should some of these small conf hope the best team LOSES the conf tourney

Started by hogsanity, February 13, 2006, 02:43:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

take the conf Gonzaga is in.  GOnz is in the big dance REGARDLESS, so wouldn't their conf benefit from them LOSING their conf tourney?  Or the Patriot.  Bucknell is a lock, imo, after their performance last year and beating syracuse at the carrier dome this year, so the Patriot league would benefit from Bucknell getting upset. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

silvertip

Yep, this is a problem every year. Hawgs chances of making it are much better if the SEC gets 6 instead of 5. That will probably come down to how many sorry little teams get in by winning the tourney in their sorry little conf.

MVC has it even worse than the SEC. They have 5 teams in RPI top 30. But will prolly only get 4 bids.  Unless their 5th place team--Mo St right now, wins their tourney.

hogsanity

NO way the SEC gets 6.  Well, I wont say no way.  But bama/ar/and Ky would have to all go 5-1, and I dont see that happening.

IMO, too much weight is now put on the RPI.  Yes, THE MVC has 5 teams like that, but how would these teams be doing if they played night in and night out in the ACC/Big 10/SEC etc?

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LA HAWG

Quote from: silvertip on February 13, 2006, 04:14:48 pm
Yep, this is a problem every year. Hawgs chances of making it are much better if the SEC gets 6 instead of 5. That will probably come down to how many sorry little teams get in by winning the tourney in their sorry little conf.

MVC has it even worse than the SEC. They have 5 teams in RPI top 30. But will prolly only get 4 bids.  Unless their 5th place team--Mo St right now, wins their tourney.

I guess Arkansas is a sorry big team.

Hog_from_Tulsa

If Bucknell, Gonzaga, and Northern Iowa all get upset....then we should worry......however, it seems rather unlikely that all three would go down in their tourneys.....
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel