Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could Modica be the next Antonio Gates?

Started by snag, February 12, 2006, 10:59:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snag

February 12, 2006, 10:59:05 pm Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:38:14 am by snag
Could Modica gain 40 pounds and play Tight End in the NFL? He's definitely the most powerful player - pound for pound - on the team.

CiriusPorker

CiriusPorker

dude, change your font, no can read it..i didn't even know anything was there for a few minutes.

ENHOG

NFL Great tight end that played college bball for Stan at Kent St.  Maybe could?
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: snag on February 12, 2006, 10:59:05 pm
Could Modica gain 40 pounds and play Tight End in the NFL? He's definitely the most powerful player - pound for pound - on the team.

His hands are too small.  That is why he doesn't dunk as much.

Let me guess..your next post will be, "Why Houston Nutt is such a great coach"..right?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ENHOG

notshavintilnuttgo, the darkside of the force is strong with you
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ENHOG on February 12, 2006, 11:30:43 pm
notshavintilnuttgo, the darkside of the force is strong with you
I know..the responsibility is overwhelming at times...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HogInGermany

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 12, 2006, 11:16:47 pm
dude, change your font, no can read it..i didn't even know anything was there for a few minutes.

Thanks, I'm color blind to begin with. I would have never known there was anything written there without your post.

whatsshakinbacon

ditto to cirius.  Thanks, man.

Bacon out...

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgoHis hands are too small.

That is also why he will never make it to the NBA.

NBA scouts look at hand-size the same way NFL scouts look at 40 times.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

scb12

Modica was a heck of a QB in high school until he gave it up to focus on b-ball.  He wasn't necessarily a great passer, but he was good with his legs and led his team well.  NFL material?  No chance, whatsoever...I think we'll see him with the rimrockers next season. 

othermac

he needs to be on the defense, he would be one hell of a saftey, he chose the wrong sport, maybe he can play next year, he would keep wr minds preoccupied.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

JusticeHawg

size and speed to play LB or maybe saftey......those positions rely on athleticism
apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

hoggystyle78

Let's just hope that Modica gets his degree. Short of him playing overseas or for the Rim Rockers I just can't see him ever being in the NBA. And he for sure will never make it in the NFL. Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez are exceptions and both are better athletes than Modica. JMO

JusticeHawg

if he did not get drafted.....he said in a article that he was not going to graduate till next Dec....if he stays on campus he might as well use his 5th year to get out on the football field.   He is a athlete.....you can never have to many of those.......Let Reggie get ahold of him for a year and we might have been wishing he was playing football all this time.   You never know.   Like I say.....if he is on campus he might as well play a little football and see where that takes him.
apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

snag

Quote from: JusticeHawg on February 13, 2006, 07:50:34 am
if he did not get drafted.....he said in a article that he was not going to graduate till next Dec....if he stays on campus he might as well use his 5th year to get out on the football field.   He is a athlete.....you can never have to many of those.......Let Reggie get ahold of him for a year and we might have been wishing he was playing football all this time.   You never know.   Like I say.....if he is on campus he might as well play a little football and see where that takes him.

Can you do that? After playing 4 years of basketball, could you switch to football and play it for 4 years?

LA HAWG

Prediction for next year for Modica.  Dog Catcher in Smackover.

snag

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 13, 2006, 11:43:01 am

Wow, that's brutal. Actually, I've never been a big Modica fan - but he has grown on me this year. He seems like more of a well-rounded, team player this year. I also think he and Ronnie have finally figured out how to play together, and that has had a positive impact on the team.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: snag on February 13, 2006, 11:40:54 am

Can you do that? After playing 4 years of basketball, could you switch to football and play it for 4 years?

Rumor has it that David Noel, from UNC, is going to do the exact same thing.  I think it would be a good move for Modica to try.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: snag on February 13, 2006, 11:51:55 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on February 13, 2006, 11:43:01 am

Wow, that's brutal. Actually, I've never been a big Modica fan - but he has grown on me this year. He seems like more of a well-rounded, team player this year. I also think he and Ronnie have finally figured out how to play together, and that has had a positive impact on the team.

Too bad it's 2 years too late.  I think Modica is a good player, but like the rest of the players, they are average or, as in Brewer's case, slightly above average.  Brewer is the only one who will ever see action in the NBA on a consistent basis.  If Hill would work on his offense, and Townes would quit being a crybaby, maybe they could.  Thomas may get some spot duty, but I don't see him matching up well with most of the PF in the league, and the SF are just too fast for him at that level. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

mahoneyiv

I dont believe so! But I would like to see him play free safety and light some people up!(If he could) Gates was a force on the basketball court! Modica is just there sometimes. I will say the past 3 games he has been a factor. I really dont see him playing football! The guy wont even dunk the basketball! Lord knows we need a great free safety or just a flat out D-back that doesnt celebrate on a tackle that is 15 yards down the field! Good luck to Modica. I hope he does play!
No sir, I did not realize this was a conference call. For that I apologize!

returntoglory

if modica played football, it would definately be at safety. he would be one of those hard hitting safeties. bring back the days of kenoit kennedy and ken hamlin. guys would be coming over the middle in the fetal position sucking their thumbs.

lumphog

I would love to see him at Middle Linebacker. He has the perfect frame. I think he has potential to make it in the NFL, IF he wants too.

MJ2

He will be a safety.   And yes, he does have a REAL chance at making a squad.

carhog

He is will get his degree and be very successful at whatever he decides to do.  People really dont know what he has overcome in his life.  He has always had doubters and always will but he has always come out on top.

scb12

Quote from: snag on February 13, 2006, 11:40:54 am

Negative.  From the time you enroll at a NCAA D1, you have 10 full-time semesters of athletic eligibility.  This rule even applies to students that do not participate in sports during those semesters.  For example...Joe Blow attends college for six semesters and never plays sports at all.  His fourth year, he decided he wants to play football.  He would have four semesters (two seasons) of eligibility remaning.  In Modica's case, he would have one year of football eligibility if he chose to play...although I don't see that happening. 

hoggerdinger

He has about the same chance as becoming the next Bill Gates.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

The guy is chiseled like a rock... would hate to see him get away from sports.  Maybe Jermain Taylor can start giving him lessons ;)

mahoneyiv

Jermain Taylor would laugh at Modica! Modica is a wimp! Once again he doesnt even dunk with authority!
No sir, I did not realize this was a conference call. For that I apologize!

hogtheball

Modica isn't even sure about his zone assignments in basketball.  In football, as a linebacker, he would have to learn a couple dozen different coverages just to be able to get on the field. It would take a lot more than one season to get him ready.  Oh, and he's no better an athlete than the guys who already play linebacker.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.