Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NMST AGGIES - COMPETITIVE FOE OR BLOWOUT

Started by GunnerHawg70, September 28, 2017, 01:02:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GunnerHawg70

September 28, 2017, 01:02:04 pm Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:13:52 am by GunnerHawg70
With all the "coaches hot seat" talk and almost every topic is geared around "who's available" or potentially available to be the next Head Hog while the current position is filled by CBB; has anyone actually (besides Twistitup) looked at NMST and what they bring to the table.  Here's little tidbit: They are ranked 9th in the Nation in passing!!!

FBS Ranking Offense Defense 
Rushing 120.0 (104th) 145.0 (68th)
Passing 353.3 (9th) 238.3 (77th)
Overall 35th 68th

The "other" Aggies are bad at rushing and in the lower tier of overall defense.  The problem I foresee for the Hogs will be getting pressure on the QB and stopping the big play which Hogs have been consistently bad at doing.   Aggies QB Tyler Rogers has a QBR of 69.0 (1413yds / 12 TD) and his target is WR Jaleel Scott (26rec/4TD/369yds) could pose huge threat if the DL / LBs don't get pressure on the QB and stuff the run game.  CPR will have the boys in position but you always wonder about adjustments and player execution.

All it takes is one "AW SH*T" and next thing you know.....well we won't mention big plays anymore.

rzrbkman

How many of these New Mexico St. Is going to be tough threads are going to be started? They lost at home to Troy. The are a member of a 12 team conference and only one of those teams has a winning record.

B501

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 28, 2017, 01:15:35 pm
How many of these New Mexico St. Is going to be tough threads are going to be started? They lost at home to Troy. The are a member of a 12 team conference and only one of those teams has a winning record.

remember toledo?

hogcard1964

+1000

This is a joke.  ...and they're coached by Bob Davie.

rzrbkman

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 01:27:28 pm
+1000

Bob Davie (former Notre Dame HBC) has nothing to lose and everything in the world to gain.  I'm just saying this is not to be taken lightly.

Wisco Pig

King Kong

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 01:27:28 pm
+1000

No they are not, Davie coaches New Mexico.

rzrbkman

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 28, 2017, 01:32:37 pm
Bob Davie (former Notre Dame HBC) has nothing to lose and everything in the world to gain.  I'm just saying this is not to be taken lightly.

Any head coach at NMSU has already lost everything.

Fan1958

Quote from: Wisco Pig on September 28, 2017, 01:34:04 pm
THEY FORMIBLE

UNBEEBIBLY FORMIBLE

Using big words is hard.  Reckon he really pronounces formidable like he spelled it?  Nah, never spoken the word in his life.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

rzrbkman

bennyl08

Neither. We'll win something like 42-21

However, the score might be pretty close at half-time.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

jkstock04

Have you watched A&M this year? They are basically the equivalent of a sunbelt team...a good sunbelt team but a sunbelt team nonetheless. I don't think some of our fans realize how bad this may get this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bennyl08

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 28, 2017, 01:45:21 pm
Have you watched A&M this year? They are basically the equivalent of a sunbelt team...a good sunbelt team but a sunbelt team nonetheless. I don't think some of our fans realize how bad this may get this year.

NO they aren't. They are a team with a lot of talent and even more discord and unrest in the locker room. You don't build that big of a lead against UCLA by being a good sun sunbelt team. UCLA has more 4 and 5*'s than most of the SEC and they have the draft picks to the NFL to back up that those recruiting rankings.

Aggies are a talented group of players that are going to send to send more players to the NFL over the next 2 years than the sun belt conference as a whole will over the next decade. However, that group of talented individuals simply isn't a team right now.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NaturalStateReb

Arkansas wins comfortably, although not in a huge blowout.  45-17, Arkansas.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

PorkRinds

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 28, 2017, 01:02:04 pm
With all the "coaches hot seat" talk and almost every topic is geared around "who's available" or potentially available to be the next Head Hog while the current position is filled by CBB; has anyone actually (besides Twistitup) looked at NMST and what they bring to the table.  Here's little tidbit: They are ranked 9th in the Nation in passing!!!

Overall 35th 68th

The "other" Aggies are bad at rushing and in the lower tier of overall defense.  The problem I foresee for the Hogs will be getting pressure on the QB and stopping the big play which Hogs have been consistently bad at doing.   Aggies QB Tyler Rogers has a QBR of 69.0 (1413yds / 12 TD) and his target is WR Jaleel Scott (26rec/4TD/369yds) could pose huge threat if the DL / LBs don't get pressure on the QB and stuff the run game.  CPR will have the boys in position but you always wonder about adjustments and player execution.

All it takes is one "AW SH*T" and next thing you know.....well we won't mention big plays anymore.

I don't know anything about this set of Aggies, but if they have a speed guy at slot receiver who can make a move or two, and one other WR that's a threat, we may be in deep do-do.

Razorbacks may beat them by 50 points; but I just have that Texas Tech feeling all over again.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jkstock04

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 28, 2017, 02:04:10 pm
NO they aren't. They are a team with a lot of talent and even more discord and unrest in the locker room. You don't build that big of a lead against UCLA by being a good sun sunbelt team. UCLA has more 4 and 5*'s than most of the SEC and they have the draft picks to the NFL to back up that those recruiting rankings.

Aggies are a talented group of players that are going to send to send more players to the NFL over the next 2 years than the sun belt conference as a whole will over the next decade. However, that group of talented individuals simply isn't a team right now.
lol whatever. See them against Nichols state and layfayette. Us not beating them this year is a huge red flag.

A few weeks back you were trying to convince me our O-line was better or at least equal to Bamas. Still think so?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

code red

The fact that we are discussing is enough to fire CBB.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Polecat

Hogs are 1-2. All foes are formidable at this point
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HoggyCat

I really don't see them blowing us out......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 28, 2017, 01:31:02 pm
Toledo was a very good team. NMSU is not. we

How good was Sanford??  They gave titty boy all he wanted.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

moses_007

Our defense hasn't shown the ability to stop big passing plays, or big running plays either.  The defensive line is getting no pass rush on the quarterback.  We saw that against last week's Aggies.

It may be a real high scoring affair.  I can visualize teams marching up and down the field with regularity and the score ending, 64-48.  I just don't know which team's gonna win it. 

#1Fan

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2017, 02:09:45 pm
Players are pissed. Blowout.
Why weren't they pissed last week?  Might have helped.

hogfan14

Yamahog

bennyl08

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 28, 2017, 02:23:30 pm
lol whatever. See them against Nichols state and layfayette. Us not beating them this year is a huge red flag.

A few weeks back you were trying to convince me our O-line was better or at least equal to Bamas. Still think so?

A few weeks ago, you struggled mightily with reading comprehension.

However, of the words that I actually did say in my post, I do stand by those. I absolutely take Ragnow over their center. Froholdt's played about as well as their LG. Absolutely would take their LT and RG over ours. As for RT, that position was a wash due all the word being that Wallace who played decently last year was going to be our starter there and they had zero starts. I gave us the slight edge for week 1, which was all the comparison was meant for as it was explicit that by the end of the season, it would become meaningless. And you know what, week 1, their OL did not play very against FSU. They couldn't run the ball with any consistency, Hurts was running for his life when he dropped back. And this is a FSU team that isn't even ranked anymore. So yeah, their OL didn't do very well week 1. They'll likely get better as the season goes and since week 1, they've played 3 cupcakes in a row and honestly don't have a very tough schedule at all this year.

Polecat

Quote from: #1Fan on September 28, 2017, 04:03:23 pm
Why weren't they pissed last week?  Might have helped.

Secret to winning: have pissed players

PorkRinds

Snouty

B501

hey are basically the equivalent of a sunbelt team...a good sunbelt team but a sunbelt team nonetheless. I don't think some of our fans realize how bad this may get this year.

kinda like Louisiana-Monroe?

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

This may be is the most ridiculous post of the year... LMAO

jkstock04

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 28, 2017, 05:28:36 pm
This may be is the most ridiculous post of the year... LMAO
YOU predicting us to be at worst a 9 win team this year ranks up there too wouldn't ya say? Y'all have posted more BS than is imaginable.

But let's pretend them Struggling mightily with Nichols state and Layfayette didn't happen, and they are all of the sudden an all world football team.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jlhogfan

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Polecat on September 28, 2017, 04:59:00 pm

Secret to the secret to winning: have their piss be hot

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: b501 on September 28, 2017, 05:19:39 pm
kinda like Louisiana-Monroe?

I thought the same thing and then realized he meant TAMU. He is saying we already lost to a team that is the equivalent of the A&M we are facing this week.

jkstock04

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 28, 2017, 07:13:26 pm
I thought the same thing and then realized he meant TAMU. He is saying we already lost to a team that is the equivalent of the A&M we are facing this week.
I think Texas A&M is gonna be a better team than New Mexico State. But not by a wide margin. I do think we will win the game but this ain't one we can sleepwalk through. 11am and a light crowd still half asleep doesn't help us either.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Roaringboar

We all seem to forget we said the same thing about Toledo.........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

31to6

All you need to know is that Doug Martin got a contract extension and a raise because he raised their APR to 972 in spite of a 12-40 record over 5 years as a head coach.

This is the "losing the right way" Bowl.

Roaringboar

Overall 35th 68th

I agree with you.....I want to think the Hogs can win, but with a passing game like that, and us looking weak, NMST is going to be looking for what would be a big win for them. A Sun Belt team knocking off ANY SEC team is a major win.....it doesn't matter even if it was Missouri.....It really is a big motivator because then those coaches can get their players to rally around it.......And NMST is 2-2, if they win this one, maybe that could give them some momenteum and push to compete in the Sun Belt.....Maybe it sounds crazy, but us starting 1-2 and looking like a joke this season sounded a bit crazy too......I honestly think we'll win this game, but then again, I'm only like 40% confident about it. NMST is dangerous....and at 1-2, you better not treat any team like a cupcake because until you win a few more games, you're the cupcake.......

Hoggish1

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 28, 2017, 05:40:42 pm
YOU predicting us to be at worst a 9 win team this year ranks up there too wouldn't ya say? Y'all have posted more BS than is imaginable.

But let's pretend them Struggling mightily with Nichols state and Layfayette didn't happen, and they are all of the sudden an all world football team.

Well, back track as best you can, but saying aTm is a sunbelt team is simply ridiculous.  I stand by my first reaction to what you said. 

Pigasaurus

We hang half a hundred on them. If they slant pass us and be patient , they may do the same.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

PorkSoda

Quote from: Polecat on September 28, 2017, 04:59:00 pm
maybe they should have pissed before the game.

Probably not a good idea to try to hold it all game.

unless they are trying to get their piss hot or something.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Polecat

Roaringboar

Here's the thing.....We are all acting cocky right now.....like a win over NMST is a sure thing........THIS IS NOT A FOR SURE WIN YET!!!!! No one seems to really be accepting the fact we could lose.....if we do, that could be a crippling hit to our program.....How does Bilema expect another Whaley to come to Arkansas if we can't even beat a Sun Belt team from out West in OUR HOUSE  ??? ??? ???

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes