Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Visitor Locker Rooms

Started by PorkSoda, October 05, 2017, 05:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20918212/visiting-locker-rooms-college-football-nice-reason

"Marcus Spears was a bona fide dude at LSU. A 6-foot-4, 300-pound defensive monster who ate quarterbacks like they were omelets and departed Baton Rouge as a national champion, consensus All-American and NFL first round draft pick. The Big Swagu backed down from no man or opponent. He feared nothing.

Except for the visitor's locker room at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas.

"I don't require much. I'm pretty tough. But what I do ask is that the room I'm in not be infested," Spears told ESPN.com. He played in the Razorbacks' second home stadium twice, a win in 2002 and a loss in '04. More than a decade later he still gets a visible case of heebie-jeebies when he discusses his "Saw"-like experience. "I'm not talking about roaches or bugs, though they were probably there, behind the walls. I'm talking about nastiness. Like, germs and disease. Man, I wore my socks in the shower after those games just so my bare feet wouldn't touch that tile."
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Seebs

Not sure what he would have worn at the herd of humanity splashing around in the mass urinals. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Poker_hog

I got to play there twice in high school, both locker rooms.  I thought it was pretty cool to play there.  Don't remember a problem with the locker rooms.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

PorkSoda

I think I remember a team complaining about visiting Misstake, and complaining there was only cold water in the visitor locker room.

in the article Purdue doesn't have AC in the visitor locker room.

just curious if things like this are a trend and if there are any funny related stories.

"But the hand that Sherrill shook was all but guaranteed to be dirty, no matter whose hand he was shaking. This is because there were only a few old working sinks in the visiting locker room. These were used (or not) after utilizing one of two toilets -- located in the center of the room for all to view -- that had no seats, which were assumed to have been broken off by enraged previous visitors."
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.