Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hugh Freeze -- "I Own It"

Started by bigdaddyhawg, May 31, 2016, 09:45:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

July 18, 2016, 08:06:00 am #150 Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:05:46 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: jbcarol on July 17, 2016, 10:33:20 am
Chris Low Retweeted
Brad Logan ‏@BradLoganCOTE 23h23 hours ago

You think Hugh Freeze deserves a suspension or a show cause? Fine. Argue away. Media attacking the man's faith is below the belt and lazy.

Attacking someone's faith is one thing but those that have faith yet are judgmental of others or hypocritical or hide behind it to use as they see fit when things aren't right is another.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo

CBSSports.com 's @dennisdoddcbs : I've heard that an NCAA suspension is definitely in play for Hugh Freeze. He'd be the first FB coach suspended under new penalties.
3:39 PM - 20 Jul 2016

Dodd: I think Freeze ultimately survives at Ole Miss, but not without damage and embarrassment
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hog N Bama

Yes we know. Hughey is such a goodie two shoes. Yeah riiiiiiight.  :puke:

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/DanielPaulling/status/759109418868961280

QuoteNCAA alleges nine violations have occurred during coach Hugh Freeze's tenure at Ole Miss, but it seems unlikely that he'll receive any punishment based on Ole Miss' notice of allegations, according to three lawyers.

Coach could have received punishment because head coaches are "presumed to be responsible for the actions of all assistant coaches and administrators who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach," according to NCAA Division I bylaw 11.1.1.1.

Four of the nine allegations levied against the football program under Freeze were Level Is, the most serious type. There were also two Level II allegations and three Level IIIs.

Five of those nine alleged violations under Freeze — one Level I, two Level IIs and two Level IIIs — were allegedly committed by staffers he supervises, ranging from assistant coaches Maurice Harris (one) and Chris Kiffin (three) to an assistant director of sports video (one).

Freeze appears to be in a good position because he didn't receive a charge for failure to monitor or failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

"I think it's very significant in my opinion that there's an absence of a head coach responsibility, an atmosphere of compliance bylaw charge, against Hugh Freeze," said John G. Long, who operates his own firm in Austin.

"If I'm his attorney, I think that's a fantastic win. I think that's a significant victory for Hugh Freeze to try to avoid a suspension. I think that's a big deal."

But Freeze isn't safe yet.