Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We just need to give Mike some time

Started by checkraiser88, March 16, 2018, 04:11:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

He needs to get his players in here before we start winning tournament games consistently

RagingHawgOn

ADavisTheGOAT

10 more years!!! #WPS - Sunshine pumpers
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hobhog

Prediction: Anderson won't be our coach this time next year

DemiHOG

masbas3

RagingHawgOn

I can't even work up a mad over this pitiful showing.  It was fully expected.

It's sad.

And, it's time to make a change.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hobhog on March 16, 2018, 04:15:08 pm

Do you smoke crack?

PRJ

Oliver

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 16, 2018, 04:17:59 pm
Do you smoke crack?

PRJ

You must considering you can back this loser of a coach

MNHogFan

Another poor showing.. No fire in their spirit... Coach's fault..

respirback

Y'all are morons. He can't so much as diagram a play. He is not Nolan

Scott7703

We aren't this lucky.

rude1

Just think how thrilling these next 7 season will be of watching the opposition shoot wide open threes, hitting uncontested layups and dunks, and let's not forget clobbering us on the boards even if they are the smaller team. Can't wait to see more of this!!!!!!~

RebHog

Hope so GTFO MA. Why is beard getting so many minutes he has contributed NOTHING.

raz1965

Get over it folks, just a game, kids didn't shoot well today.

jst01

Exactly. Too many seniors and experience on this team. Need his guys that are young and fresh and like to play fast..

Oliver

Mjs84

Congrats on another mediocre season Mike!  What's that, 2 tourney appearances in a row now? 

Hogz87

Naw.  You have to win at least one NCAA tournament game with a senior laden squad like this.  Especially if it's your 7th season at a school.  It's understandable if a lot of Hog fans believe MA has worn out his welcome after today's performance. 

I've voiced this stance on here repeatedly over the course of this season, but I've been done with and remain done with MA.  I have no grand delusions of us being a team that should be an Elite 8 and beyond threat every single year.  However, I do think our basketball program is capable of more than what we've gotten out of MA ins even years.  He hasn't made it out of the first weekend of the tournament in those seven eyars and he won't make it out of the first weekend of the tournament after eight years because next year's team is going to be worse than this one.  I expect us to have a coach that can make us an almost guarantee/lock to make the NCAA tournament every year.  Then, about once every three or so years I expect us to have a coach who can put a team on the floor that has "Sweet 16 or Bust" potential.  Meaning, we have a team once ever three or four seasons who has a good enough regular season to get a top 4-seed.  That's more than attainable and realistic at Arkansas.

Let's say next year is as bad as a lot of us fear it will be: we miss the NCAA tournament and possibly finish the season with a below .500 record.  That'd be eight seasons for MA, just three NCAA tournament appearances, and exactly two two NCAA tournament wins.  This program is much more capable than making the NCAA tournament every other year and winning an NCAA tournament game once every four years.

This was Mike's year to get past the first first weekend and his team laid a pretty big egg in round one.  Butler, a 10-seed, not just beat us but they soundly manhandled us, a 7-seed, all afternoon.

Oliver

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 16, 2018, 04:23:56 pm
Congrats on another mediocre season Mike!  What's that, 2 tourney appearances in a row now? 

Yep.  One and done and a second round loss.

masbas3

Well, as I stated yesterday in a post, I predicted this.  Almost everyone was already looking past Butler to the next game, Butler is just the better team, and better coached team.  Our team has consistently tried the full court press on teams throughout the year, doesn't work anymore, our defense consistently leaves wide open 3point shooters, it's exasperating.   But hey, to most posters on here we should be glad we have Mike Anderson as our Coach.   Just wait till next year, and go celebrate this 79-62 beatdown.

popcornhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 16, 2018, 04:11:46 pm
He needs to get his players in here before we start winning tournament games consistently

Maybe we should reach out to Dana Altman.
WPS

JD Hogg

Quote from: respirback on March 16, 2018, 04:21:25 pm
Y'all are morons. He can't so much as diagram a play. He is not Nolan
Nolan never diagrammed a play either. He would brag about not diagramming plays.

HF_Mudd

You all are forgetting that we got to break new ground today and become the first sec team to lose in the tourney.   That by itself should get him 3 more years.
And so it is, my friend....

Poker_hog

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 16, 2018, 04:23:56 pm

High floor low ceiling.  Mediocre mike does just enough to keep his job.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt