Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay Hill

Started by kingofdequeen, March 13, 2018, 12:57:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 18, 2018, 04:37:58 pm
The tired "true golf fans" argument. Tiger is one of the top 2 players EVER. There are golf fans that want to see some of that greatness again before it goes away. If you can't get why people tune in for Tiger instead of Taylor Gooch, I can't help you.

True golf fans have winter clubs and read golf novels. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

majestic

The tired "true golf fans" argument. Tiger is one of the top 2 players EVER. There are golf fans that want to see some of that greatness again before it goes away. If you can't get why people tune in for Tiger instead of Taylor Gooch, I can't help you.
Hey, I'm having fun watching Rory, too. But, yeah, it's great to see TW in the mix again.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GolfNut57

Re the bold. I will concede on that point. No use denying it. But I will not be one of those who finds other things to do on weekends besides watching golf on TV simply because Woods isn't in the field or in contention. Sadly we have some here that will do just that though. And I repeat....as someone who loves the game.....if it is on I will take time to watch.

And if you are one of those who can't seem to want to tune in to watch Justin Thomas, Jordan Speith, Jon Rahm, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, etc etc........simply because Woods isn't playing..............well.....that pretty much says it all.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Wildhog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 04:47:22 pm
Re the bold. I will concede on that point. No use denying it. But I will not be one of those who finds other things to do on weekends besides watching golf on TV simply because Woods isn't in the field or in contention. Sadly we have some here that will do just that though. And I repeat....as someone who loves the game.....if it is on I will take time to watch.

And if you are one of those who can't seem to want to tune in to watch Justin Thomas, Jordan Speith, Jon Rahm, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, etc etc........simply because Woods isn't playing..............well.....that pretty much says it all.

Golf is simply more exciting when Tiger is playing. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

People can watch what they want.  I enjoy watching one of the sorriest men to tee it up in the last 50 years fold like a lawn chair under pressure.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2018, 04:41:58 pm
True golf fans have winter clubs and read golf novels.

How big is the Woods poster that is tacked to your bedroom ceiling over your bed? Life size?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

cosmodrum

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 04:47:22 pm

Yes, I tune into watch those guys. I like golf. Probably not as much until Sunday, though. Hell, I'm the same way with basketball. But if Michael Jordan were playing...
Go away, batin'

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 04:50:13 pm
People can watch what they want.  I enjoy watching one of the sorriest men to tee it up in the last 50 years fold like a lawn chair under pressure.

Sergio Garcia was playing this weekend?

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 04:50:13 pm

Lol, okay Billy Graham.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 04:50:44 pm
How big is the Woods poster that is tacked to your bedroom ceiling over your bed? Life size?

See, now I'm actually looking at Tiger Woods fatheads for my man cave.

1909/1964/1965/1977

GolfNut57

Unless I am mistaken Woods bogeys today were when he pulled the driver out on #9 and 16. Had he stayed with his driving iron he might have pulled off the upset win today.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 04:52:09 pm
Sergio Garcia was playing this weekend?

No, I think he was at sex addiction rehab.  That's legit, you know.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2018, 04:54:40 pm
See, now I'm actually looking at Tiger Woods fatheads for my man cave.

If you find some let me know. I can always use fresh targets to put in the back of my driving net and dartboard.

GolfNut57

Rory is running away with it now........

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 04:56:12 pm
Unless I am mistaken Woods bogeys today were when he pulled the driver out on #9 and 16. Had he stayed with his driving iron he might have pulled off the upset win today.

Just as I predicted, he is now the favorite for The Masters.  He's going to 2 iron his way to a fifth green jacket since he can't keep driver on the planet.

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 04:58:36 pm
Just as I predicted, he is now the favorite for The Masters. He's going to 2 iron his way to a fifth green jacket since he can't keep driver on the planet.

Bet he don't..... ;)

Wildhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 04:58:36 pm
Just as I predicted, he is now the favorite for The Masters.  He's going to 2 iron his way to a fifth green jacket since he can't keep driver on the planet.

If anybody can...  it's my hero.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Show me on the doll where Tiger touched you
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 04:57:19 pm
If you find some let me know. I can always use fresh targets to put in the back of my driving net and dartboard.

Sounds like a safe place for him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Just got more interestinger...

onebadrubi

EastexHawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2018, 05:14:10 pm
Just got more interestinger...

But no one is watching because Tiger drank gas.  They're all on QVC buying cookware now.

Wildhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 05:17:21 pm
But no one is watching because Tiger drank gas.  They're all on QVC buying cookware now.

Doesn't matter who wins, unless it's Tiger.  TV coverage might as well have ended after he finished.
1909/1964/1965/1977

majestic

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2018, 05:19:49 pm
Doesn't matter who wins, unless it's Tiger.  TV coverage might as well have ended after he finished.
Yep. I smashed my TV with a hammer.

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 05:17:21 pm

Making a quiche now
Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2018, 05:19:49 pm
Tiger is pacing himself for Augusta.  Doesn't want to peak too soon.  Strategery!  He's a genius, you know.

PonderinHog

majestic

While I was preparing a souffle, I heard that Rory dropped a huge putt.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Tiger only finished eight shots back.  I can see why he is favored to beat Rory and everyone else at Augusta.

majestic

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 05:30:50 pm
Tiger only finished eight shots back.  I can see why he is favored to beat Rory and everyone else at Augusta.
And? Rory didn't make the cut at the Valspar. He had a great round. Good for him. He still won't sleep with you.

EastexHawg

Quote from: majestic on March 18, 2018, 05:35:48 pm
And? Rory didn't make the cut at the Valspar. He had a great round. Good for him. He still won't sleep with you.

He's won four majors since 2012.  Tiger has won zero since 2008.  Of course none of that means anything, but Tiger isn't going to win a major because all the best players in the world will be there and plenty of them are better than he is.

Boarcephus

When Tiger yanked his drive OB that did it  because he'd been on a helluva roll all day.

When Rory is Rory, he can run off and hide from folks.  Good to see him back. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

userpick

Add me to the list of people who only watched this weekend because of Tiger

onebadrubi

Add me to the list that is pulling harder for tiger just to make of eastex

GolfNut57

Quote from: majestic on March 18, 2018, 05:26:20 pm
While I was preparing a souffle, I heard that Rory dropped a huge putt.

Did the noise make your souffle fall?

GolfNut57

Quote from: Wildhog on March 18, 2018, 05:08:07 pm
Sounds like a safe place for him.

Only if I swing or throw with my eyes closed.

EastexHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 18, 2018, 06:16:02 pm
Add me to the list that is pulling harder for tiger just to make of eastex

I'm sure he feeds off your support.  As for me, I'll just take solace in his choke job...and being right.

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 06:26:30 pm
I'm sure he feeds off your support.  As for me, I'll just take solace in his choke job...and being right.

YOUDAMAN!!!

GET IN THE HOLE!!!!

;)

PonderinHog

MASH POTATO!

/THREAD

To be continued...   8)

userpick

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 18, 2018, 06:26:30 pm

Hahahaha top 5 finish back to back weeks. Such a choke job.

cosmodrum

Quote from: userpick on March 18, 2018, 09:45:55 pm
Hahahaha top 5 finish back to back weeks. Such a choke job.

After a long hiatus and back fusion in his 40s, against guys in their prime, just a handful of tourneys into the season. What a choker. Just can't handle the pressure.
Go away, batin'

GolfNut57

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 18, 2018, 09:58:54 pm
After a long hiatus and back fusion in his 40s, against guys in their prime, just a handful of tourneys into the season. What a choker. Just can't handle the pressure.

Your post there just adds fuel to the speculation that Woods is back on the juice. In his 40s, with major back surgery, and after a long layoff yet able to keep up with much younger guys in their prime.

Hmmmmm.........

onebadrubi

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 18, 2018, 10:13:26 pm
Your post there just adds fuel to the speculation that Woods is back on the juice. In his 40s, with major back surgery, and after a long layoff yet able to keep up with much younger guys in their prime.

Hmmmmm.........

So do we accuse tiger of being on roids because he's black?  Ripped a little more than some?  I mean if 40's is not suppose to compete without juice, mickelson must be put into the equations too then, right?   

Am I saying tigers not juicInt?  No, but I can make a good case that maybe he's not. 

Many people said while he was trying to play and come back he was doing it wrong, old swing old
Body needed major swing overhaul.  Well, a year + off he's now done it.  He got health and got his swing to not put as much pressure on his left side or back because he has lost flexibility with age. 

Jackrabbit Hog

I happen to like Taylor Gooch.  I've dubbed him the "Hoochie Goochie Man."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 18, 2018, 10:42:58 pm
He's no Garrigus, but who is?

GolfNut57

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 18, 2018, 10:35:29 pm
So do we accuse tiger of being on roids because he's black? 

Now why would you bring race into it? Nobody said a word about Woods in that regard at all.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 18, 2018, 10:42:58 pm

I wanna call him Taylor Taint. It's alliterative and whatnot.
Go away, batin'