Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks v. Henry

Started by nonoffensiveposter, March 12, 2018, 08:42:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 10:24:58 am
Florida, Miami, Notre Dame fan, don't really he cares much for Gustavo.

Correct.

Gus bus can stay in Bama.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AP85 on March 15, 2018, 08:53:17 am
Too skinny. Too slow. Dime a dozen.

Yep Arkansas gets kids like Burks all the time like shark teeth one falls out another one takes it's place! :o

Cure

If we had to choose, Burks all the way. Kid can change the game on either side of the ball.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

razorrock

Quote from: sickboy on March 12, 2018, 01:30:39 pm
It's quite possible that there are even more Henry's on campus right now. My cousin's name is Henry and he goes to the UofA. That's one right there.
lmao

HawgwildinMI

My hearts set on both. Be glad to get either but I'm planning on seeing them both commit to the Hogs.

#1 STUNNA

clemson offered Burks today

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 18, 2018, 02:43:00 pm
clemson offered Burks today
Offer we should be worried about?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on April 18, 2018, 02:58:55 pm
Offer we should be worried about?

Have heard some Warren peeps mention Clemson. But not sure how serious they are. Many believe its a two team race between the hogs and LSU... Florida state on the outside looking in. He has mentioned many times that he wants to stay close to home... so i think he will be a hog or tiger. Have seen his mom mention on social media a couple times that she loves LSU.

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 18, 2018, 03:03:12 pm
Have heard some Warren peeps mention Clemson. But not sure how serious they are. Many believe its a two team race between the hogs and LSU... Florida state on the outside looking in. He has mentioned many times that he wants to stay close to home... so i think he will be a hog or tiger. Have seen his mom mention on social media a couple times that she loves LSU.

He's supposedly going to Fayetteville this weekend, along with the other Warren recruit.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2018, 03:07:32 pm
He's supposedly going to Fayetteville this weekend, along with the other Warren recruit.

Need to get him and miller there as often as possible!!!!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2018, 03:07:32 pm
That's what I like to hear!

#1 STUNNA

Craddock and Steppes were in Warren yesterday.. also stopped by PA and Camden.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 20, 2018, 08:58:33 am
Craddock and Steppes were in Warren yesterday.. also stopped by PA and Camden.
I seen that, i hope Burks does make it to campus soon. And the staff isn't giving up on Wilkins. 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on April 20, 2018, 09:07:47 am
I seen that, i hope Burks does make it to campus soon. And the staff isn't giving up on Wilkins. 
Have heard him and miller will be on campus this weekend.

liljo

I'm dreaming of a thread called Burks AND Henry, instead of Burks v. Henry.

Wouldn't it be great to have both of them involved in the Razorback offense!

Man I hope they pick Arkansas.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: liljo on April 20, 2018, 09:34:28 am
I'm dreaming of a thread called Burks AND Henry, instead of Burks v. Henry.

Wouldn't it be great to have both of them involved in the Razorback offense!

Man I hope they pick Arkansas.
That would be great. Im hoping for both as well

WOOPIGDOOIE

Henry has gotten a couple crystal balls picks for Stanford today..

rohnjobus

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 20, 2018, 09:23:46 am
Have heard him and miller will be on campus this weekend.

What happened with them not making it to campus this weekend? Do you know?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: rohnjobus on April 23, 2018, 07:49:09 am
What happened with them not making it to campus this weekend? Do you know?
Warren had their prom this weekend

#1 STUNNA

Burks is up to 225... and ran a 4.4 two weeks ago... also has baseball offers from Arkansas and Auburn

Torqued pork

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 12, 2018, 09:55:44 am
Burks and its not close. Burks could play at the D1 level at multiple positions if he wanted to. And im a huge fan of Henry. But Burks is a once in a generation type talent.

Supermark101

May 01, 2018, 04:51:52 am #122 Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:14:21 am by Supermark101
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 18, 2018, 03:03:12 pm

Hopefully this is a Tyrie Cleveland situation.

#1 STUNNA

I think Arkansas is in very good shape with Burks... with LSU and Clemson on the heels.... Florida State is the dark horse!!

LRHawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 01, 2018, 11:07:31 am
I think Arkansas is in very good shape with Burks... with LSU and Clemson on the heels.... Florida State is the dark horse!!

Great to hear. Now we just need a positive season this year to erase any doubts.

blu

Yeah, a kid like that - wish nothing but good for him. Hope he's playing whatever sport he wants for the Hogs.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Peter Porker

Henry is a match-up nightmare.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

#1 STUNNA

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 02, 2018, 09:32:01 am
yep... they both are
For sure. I coudnt imagine trying to cover a 6'3" 225lb receiver running a 4.4 40. Thats insane 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on May 02, 2018, 09:47:17 am
For sure. I coudnt imagine trying to cover a 6'3" 225lb receiver running a 4.4 40. Thats insane 

Wish we could clone him... put one at receiver and one at linebacker..lol

Wardhog85

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 02, 2018, 09:52:47 am
Wish we could clone him... put one at receiver and one at linebacker..lol
I wasn't just about to ask you if there was any chance he outgrows receiver and ends up at lb lol. Don't get me wrong, I want him as a receiver, but 6-3 225lb with 4.4 speed as a junior in high school!!! That has stud lb written all over it!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Wardhog85 on May 02, 2018, 10:30:17 am
I wasn't just about to ask you if there was any chance he outgrows receiver and ends up at lb lol. Don't get me wrong, I want him as a receiver, but 6-3 225lb with 4.4 speed as a junior in high school!!! That has stud lb written all over it!

Id imagine he will stay around 225. I think the ultimate goal is for him to play receiver. Would not surprise me to see him grow an inch or two more though. He is so skilled at the receiver position. His body control and awareness at wide receiver are off the charts. Someone mentioned to me a while back that he hasnt dropped a pass in a game during his high school career(started as a freshman). And he played receiver half his sophomore year in a cast.

outlawhogeywells

part of this discussion also needs to center around Wilkins.  that would be one great haul to get all three

Wardhog85

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 02, 2018, 10:41:19 am
Id imagine he will stay around 225. I think the ultimate goal is for him to play receiver. Would not surprise me to see him grow an inch or two more though. He is so skilled at the receiver position. His body control and awareness at wide receiver are off the charts. Someone mentioned to me a while back that he hasnt dropped a pass in a game during his high school career(started as a freshman). And he played receiver half his sophomore year in a cast.
What do you know about the dt from warren that we've offered. Sounds like he and Burkes are pretty close. Is he SEC caliber, or is it to try and ensure we land Burkes?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Wardhog85 on May 02, 2018, 10:55:30 am
What do you know about the dt from warren that we've offered. Sounds like he and Burkes are pretty close. Is he SEC caliber, or is it to try and ensure we land Burkes?

lol... he is a stud... Tore his ACL early in high school. Thats what kept him from early offers... and he has an SEC offer that Burks doesnt have (Missouri). His best year of football will be this season as he will be 100% healthy finally. Like Burks he doesnt care for the process and doesnt go to camps. Heck the kid doesnt even have a highlight video made. These two young men arent your typical big time need attention recruits.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on May 02, 2018, 10:42:12 am
part of this discussion also needs to center around Wilkins.  that would be one great haul to get all three
Wilkins definitely has some big time potential. But Henry and Burks are on a different level.

Peter Porker

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on May 02, 2018, 09:47:17 am

Sounds like a few receivers we have on campus now.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 02, 2018, 12:31:06 pm
LOL. not really. There isnt a WR on campus as explosive, dynamic, and powerful as Burks. Not even close, tbh. He could play LB, DE, S, WR, or TE on the college level. And probably more than one position in the NFL. We havent had a cat like him in state since DDawg himself, imo.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2018, 12:48:04 pm
LOL. not really. There isnt a WR on campus as explosive, dynamic, and powerful as Burks. Not even close, tbh. He could play LB, DE, S, WR, or TE on the college level. And probably more than one position in the NFL. We havent had a cat like him in state since DDawg himself, imo.
You just had to mention DMac huh? Lol now this thread is going to turn into 6 pages arguing that he should have been a Safety. 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2018, 12:48:04 pm
He'd be a D1 qb if he only played qb.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 02, 2018, 12:31:06 pm
Lol... smh... clueless

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 02, 2018, 01:29:18 pm
He'd be a D1 qb if he only played qb.
He would still be in the league if they had him at kicker

Peter Porker

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 02, 2018, 01:50:22 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-4-star-wr-signee-brandon-martin-perfect-match
size... maybe... skill set... not close. And thats not a knock on any of them. Burks bullied Jackson in high school.Burks is a once a generation type athlete. The others werent.And im a huge pettway fan and I believe he will be all conference by the time he leaves.

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 02, 2018, 01:56:58 pm
size... maybe... skill set... not close. And thats not a knock on any of them. Burks bullied Jackson in high school.Burks is a once a generation type athlete. The others werent.And im a huge pettway fan and I believe he will be all conference by the time he leaves.

Nobody is a once in a generation player in high school, besides LeBron.

Peter Porker

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 02, 2018, 01:56:58 pm

My response was someone giving his measurables. I said "sounds like a few receivers we had on campus" and then you responded with "clueless". I proved we had some receivers on campus that had similar size as Burks. Feel free to explain how I'm clueless or apologize.

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 02, 2018, 02:23:24 pm

Dmac Shabazz Madre

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 02, 2018, 02:24:36 pm
My response was someone giving his measurables. I said "sounds like a few receivers we had on campus" and then you responded with "clueless". I proved we had some receivers on campus that had similar size as Burks. Feel free to explain how I'm clueless or apologize.
Quote from: ricepig on May 02, 2018, 02:23:24 pm
for Arkansas he is a once in a generation type athlete.... easily

greenie

I agree that Burks could be legitimately called a "once in a generation" athlete, but since this is an argument based on subjective opinion, it's an argument that cannot have a definitive winner...only subjectively-based, self-proclaimed winners, which undoubtedly invoke indignant responses by those with a different subjective opinion.

I wish this type of argument made a once-in-a-generation appearance on HV, but then what would be the point of HV?   ;)