Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joseph Stone...*Committed to Arkansas*

Started by redleg, February 26, 2018, 11:49:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustaHog

These guys aren't bashful about sticking their nose into Alabama and Tennessee.  These are not places that we have traditionally poked our noses into a ton.  There can be some real quality kids that don't stay in state though.  Two of our better defensive players over the last decade in Flowers and Philon were from down there.  I'd love a couple Bama kids, 3-4 LA kids, 1-2 from Tenn, 1-2 from OK to go along with our in-staters and Texas kids.  That's the recipe for us to get where we want to go.

NoogaHog

As big as that boy is, he is gonna need a license plate instead of a jersey number.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

SooieGeneris

Maybe this will put to rest the false narrative pushed by some on here that this staff wants all 280 lb O linemen... this kid was probably 280 by the 5th grade..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 26, 2018, 12:12:51 pm
These guys aren't bashful about sticking their nose into Alabama and Tennessee.  These are not places that we have traditionally poked our noses into a ton.  There can be some real quality kids that don't stay in state though.  Two of our better defensive players over the last decade in Flowers and Philon were from down there.  I'd love a couple Bama kids, 3-4 LA kids, 1-2 from Tenn, 1-2 from OK to go along with our in-staters and Texas kids.  That's the recipe for us to get where we want to go.
Caldwell was the one who got those two. Having him back, keeping Scott and getting Da Chief... Man! That's problems for anyone recruiting against us. Our D line is about to become bad assed.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkBilly

I never understood  Caldwell leaving. He was the gigantic thorn in Razorback recruiting his entire career at TN.

liljo

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 28, 2018, 02:20:58 am
Maybe this will put to rest the false narrative pushed by some on here that this staff wants all 280 lb O linemen... this kid was probably 280 by the 5th grade..

Nah...They offered the kid two scholarships.
;D
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: redleg on February 26, 2018, 11:49:23 am
Joseph Stone of Trussville, AL is a huge offensive lineman in the 2019 Class! At 6'8", or maybe even 6'9", and weighing in at 360 lbs, this baby-faced 16 year old has the Hogs at the top of his modest, but growing, offer list!

https://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Stone-46052020
This young man isn't huge or even enormous. Heck, he's GINORMOUS!! :) ;) :D ;D

ballinhog

Need to get this big ol hoss locked up before the rest of the country follows us with an offer

navyhog24

Quote from: PorkBilly on February 28, 2018, 07:10:15 am
I never understood  Caldwell leaving. He was the gigantic thorn in Razorback recruiting his entire career at TN.

Bc Bert is an idiot

AHiD

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 28, 2018, 10:36:33 am
Bc Bert is an idiot

Charlie Partridge landed us Alex Collins, and he was a great D-line coach.
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

Quote from: PorkBilly on February 28, 2018, 07:10:15 am

It was because Bret had Charlie Partridge coming in.
My name...is Jerruh

Tusks

Caldwell has put more DL in the NFL than Partridge.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

AHiD

Quote from: tusked on February 28, 2018, 11:14:02 am
Caldwell has put more DL in the NFL than Partridge.

Partridge was an elite recruiter, tho.
My name...is Jerruh

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 28, 2018, 05:12:42 pm
so is steve caldwell.
I don't don't believe we'll regret having SC back on staff. And that goes from a recruiting standpoint as well as a coaching one.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: liljo on February 28, 2018, 08:29:15 am
Nah...They offered the kid two scholarships.
;D

That's because he takes up two airplane seats.  LOL!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: redleg on February 26, 2018, 11:49:23 am
Joseph Stone of Trussville, AL is a huge offensive lineman in the 2019 Class! At 6'8", or maybe even 6'9", and weighing in at 360 lbs, this baby-faced 16 year old has the Hogs at the top of his modest, but growing, offer list!

https://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Stone-46052020

That is one big man.  Another "incredible Hulk".
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Flrazrback

I think I saw where Richard said we are in very good shape right now in getting this Bull to commit.

sowmonella

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 28, 2018, 02:20:58 am
he was 175 plus on his first birthday.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Thatdudeman

Teach the boy to catch as well and on red zone plays her the size of 2 tackles by can be a threat to score

havok

When Stone showed up on Campus to visit.. I Envisioned that scene from the Movie 'The Replacements', when the coach saw that Sumo Wrestler running out:

"....Holy, Look At That Mamma-Jamma!!!"

liljo

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

redeye

liljo

liljo

redeye

Quote from: liljo on March 07, 2018, 11:45:05 am
Dazza another big 'un, y'all.  :o

His national rank is 501.

Might be a sign.

Hawgphat

Thanks, Richard.  You are appreciated for keeping me in the loop.

sickboy

Who knew Mercer had a football team. Learn something knew every day.

redeye

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 09, 2018, 01:47:54 pm
Thanks, Richard.  You are appreciated for keeping me in the loop.

Yes, thank you Richard!

Many of us don't comment or say "thanks" enough, but we're certainly thinking it.

Pudgepork

Thanks Richard.   That's a mean looking big ole boy.   We need him

oldfart

so maybe josh floyd helping out.. if i recall he is coach there correct?

mhuff

Quote from: redeye on March 09, 2018, 03:51:59 pm
Yes, thank you Richard!

Many of us don't comment or say "thanks" enough, but we're certainly thinking it.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: oldfart on March 09, 2018, 07:41:03 pm
so maybe josh floyd helping out.. if i recall he is coach there correct?

Correct.

JoeHawg

Once a Hog Always a Hog

ricepig

jgphillips3

Awesome!  Nice to get Stone'd...err...hmmmm...

In all seriousness though, looks like a great get.

The_Iceman

#52 ranked player in Alabama. #93 Offensive Tackle. #1136 overall.

luke hawg

Another sleeper, diamond in the rough,

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

The_Boot_stops_here

PorkRinds

We need all the OTs we can get.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 15, 2018, 09:03:25 am
#52 ranked player in Alabama. #93 Offensive Tackle. #1136 overall.
The 52 player in Bama.  Wish we had half that number of D1 recruits. 

RaisinHog

Im a lil concerned about this OL recruiting these two giant guys we are after are probably too big ... They wanted too slim down the OL we had on campus but now we are recruiting freaking 400 lbers ..makes no sense too me

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: RaisinHog on April 15, 2018, 10:49:25 am
Im a lil concerned about this OL recruiting these two giant guys we are after are probably too big ... They wanted too slim down the OL we had on campus but now we are recruiting freaking 400 lbers ..makes no sense too me
I think some of the linemen on campus who weighed 330lbs looked fat and didn't carry their weight very well. Stone on the other hand looks solid and thick and seems to be more comfortable with his weight.

RaisinHog

Ehh maybe but most olineman that tall and that big arnt very good