Recruitment of Anthony Davis - $200,000

Flipping Bam from NC State on signing day - $36,500

Having a head coach who has vacated wins from 3 different programs - priceless

hogsanity

Quote from: Drop the Mike on February 23, 2018, 03:16:17 pm
Recruitment of Anthony Davis - $200,000

Flipping Bam from NC State on signing day - $36,500

Having a head coach who has vacated wins from 3 different programs - priceless

Where, in anything published today, has anyone said KY paid either of them to go there? An agent paid them to try to get them to sign with him when they left school, but so far that is all that there is evidence of.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

raz1965

Yeah sure a agent paid them,  with money from what source?

BillyHog53

If he received $ to play from any source he is ineligible to play and Kentucky played an ineligible player, so...

hogsanity

Quote from: raz1965 on February 23, 2018, 04:20:02 pm

You do know agents and sports marketing firms have millions and access to much more. Depending on the fee structure, if the rep a guy that signs a contract and he gets 15 mil up front, the agent might get 2mil of that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 04:22:41 pm
You do know agents and sports marketing firms have millions and access to much more. Depending on the fee structure, if the rep a guy that signs a contract and he gets 15 mil up front, the agent might get 2mil of that.

Where in the hell do you think theses agents steer the high school players to go to and what makes yo7 think the coaches don't know that. Guess where they do a lot of their recruiting.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BentonvilleJeff

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 03:36:53 pm
Where, in anything published today, has anyone said KY paid either of them to go there? An agent paid them to try to get them to sign with him when they left school, but so far that is all that there is evidence of.

If you honestly believe what you're writing then it's insanity not hogsanity.

Also, this investigation is part of the reason Rick Pittino and his athletic director got fired. This isn't just an agent thing. It's made to look like an agent thing but it's much deeper than that. That's why programs are freaking out and also why they're suspending players. I think you're just playing devils advocate here. It's not your typical NCAA investigation. The Feds are involved with this.

hawganatic

Ummm, from the agency the agent works for?

Not rocket science here.

99toLife

More than Likely their own pocket, ain't much down to get millions into their pocket from an NBA deal.   Small fishes no idea.

hawganatic

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 23, 2018, 04:27:17 pm
Where in the hell do you think theses agents steer the high school players to go to and what makes yo7 think the coaches don't know that. Guess where they do a lot of their recruiting.

Really need to read through the documents/articles that were put out today.  These are the scenarios that have been put out so far:

Scenario 1
1.  Agents paying/making loans to high school and college players
2.  In return the player signs with the agent when they go pro

Scenario 2
1.  Shoe company wants player to play at a school that wears their gear
2.  Said shoe company makes payments to the above mentioned agent to steer that player to any number of schools that wear the gear.

Scenario 3
1.  Agents using assistant coaches to steer their current players towards certain agencies

These are the only scenarios that have been put out so far.  There very well could be a 4th, 5th, etc put out that links the schools to the payments, but so far that hasn't been shown.

mbgrulz

I have heard that $200,000 is what it took UK to get Anthony Davis. I heard this info 1st hand from college assistant coaches.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: mbgrulz on February 23, 2018, 05:33:56 pm
I have heard that $200,000 is what it took UK to get Anthony Davis. I heard this info 1st hand from college assistant coaches.
Hell of an investment lol

hogsanity

Quote from: hawganatic on February 23, 2018, 04:56:29 pm
Really need to read through the documents/articles that were put out today.  These are the scenarios that have been put out so far:

Scenario 1

Scenario 2
2.  Said shoe company makes payments to the above mentioned agent to steer that player to any number of schools that wear the gear.

Scenario 3
1.  Agents using assistant coaches to steer their current players towards certain agencies

These are the only scenarios that have been put out so far.  There very well could be a 4th, 5th, etc put out that links the schools to the payments, but so far that hasn't been shown.

Exactly. We can all assume schools are paying players. but nothing in the documents points to that at all.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hawganatic on February 23, 2018, 04:56:29 pm

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Scenario 3

Chuck Person at Auburn was getting money that had come from like agent to steer player to agent and then to "financial manager". Said financial manager already had been stripped of accreditation for various incidents of misconduct with peoples money.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.