Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 07:58:05 pm

Not bad for a "Project"

Started by awshucks, February 21, 2018, 11:11:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

awshucks

It sure is interesting how "the Project" (Soph: Austin Reaves) is 8-0 as a starter for WSU?

His lack of "athletic ability" (what ever the hell that means) is sure hurting the team from Wichita.

Coach Gregg Marshall must be crazy to have this project starting this important conference games at the end of the season.

MikePiazza

Quote from: awshucks on February 21, 2018, 11:11:24 pm
It sure is interesting how "the Project" (Soph: Austin Reaves) is 8-0 as a starter for WSU?

His lack of "athletic ability" (what ever the hell that means) is sure hurting the team from Wichita.

Coach Gregg Marshall must be crazy to have this project starting this important conference games at the end of the season.

Is your argument that the Hogs would be better with Austin Reaves on it?
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 11:15:51 pm
I bet they would.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

MikePiazza

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

MikePiazza

HossHog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 21, 2018, 11:28:22 pm
He's a better player than 4/5 on our bench
I don't agree with this guy a whole lot but he has a point. He is an excellent spot up shooter. He doesn't have the range CJ has but he's more consistent.

awshucks

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 11:15:51 pm

No, not at all.  My argument is the so-called "experts" that told us that Reaves was a Project and would be a good Jr. college player.  If you are going to put your predictions here for all to see....you get called out for them.

Projects don't start for highly ranked teams, are in late in the game when it is all on the line, and hit 7 straight 3s to keep your team in a game so that they can pull out the victory.  Or, have the final play drawn up for them, on the road, to catch the football pass to seal the victory over the 5th ranked team in the nation.

MikePiazza

Quote from: awshucks on February 21, 2018, 11:34:09 pm
No, not at all.  My argument is the so-called "experts" that told us that Reaves was a Project and would be a good Jr. college player.  If you are going to put your predictions here for all to see....you get called out for them.

I wasn't one of those who said he was a project, but dude would struggle to see the court on this Hog team.

awshucks

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 11:38:11 pm
I wasn't one of those who said he was a project, but dude would struggle to see the court on this Hog team.

There is that Prediction thing again.  Dude, no disrespect but....I just don't trust your judgement, or anyone else on a fan board.  You just don't know what the future holds for the kid and how strong his internal drive is.

HossHog

So someone who starts for the #13 team in the country would struggle to see the court for us?

Pumbaa

I've heard time and time again that his issue was either grade or test score related and I don't think I've ever really seen anyone contest that. If that truly was the problem we had no chance and that wasn't our coaches fault for not recruiting the young man. So why does this even keep getting brought up?

hogwood

What the experts were saying is that he wasn't going to qualify for SEC play. The American has lower standards. Same reasons Melvin Frazier (who was also recently mentioned on this board) went to Tulane.

kaki

I believe this is Austin's second year in college, do we hash and rehash him until he graduates, draws Social Security or until the Rapture?  Just want to know the plan!

King Kong

8-0 as a starter? I didn't know Witcha State had a Football team.

What is this kid he next Mitch Mustain?

Jokes aside I thought there was rumors of potential qualification issues as well. And by thought I mean I know for a fact if we go to the old Austin Reaves threads there was rumors of potential SEC eligibility.

Hawg Red

Quote from: awshucks on February 21, 2018, 11:34:09 pm

Projects don't start for highly ranked teams, are in late in the game when it is all on the line, and hit 7 straight 3s to keep your team in a game so that they can pull out the victory.  Or, have the final play drawn up for them, on the road, to catch the football pass to seal the victory over the 5th ranked team in the nation.

Do you put out predictions of your own to be analyzed or do you just do that thing where you pathetically go dig up posts from others and call them out while not bringing anything to the table yourself?

Hawg Red

Quote from: awshucks on February 21, 2018, 11:44:02 pm
There is that Prediction thing again.  Dude, no disrespect but....I just don't trust your judgement, or anyone else on a fan board.  You just don't know what the future holds for the kid and how strong his internal drive is.

Then what are doing here? Why do you care about this so much if you don't trust anyone on a message board's judgment? Why is this something you're spending your free time doing if you feel that way?

Hawg Red

This poster, "awshucks," has made exactly 2 peoples that were not about Austin Reaves or within an Austin Reaves thread. 8/10 posts about Austin Reaves.

Obsessed. Weird.

Also probably an alter for someone, so also a coward.

The_Iceman

HogInThaGrove

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batmanfan

Reaves would likely be the 4th best player on the team at this point.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

MikePiazza

Reaves isn't even better than Arlando Cook.

hawkhawg

The kid didn't make grades good enough to play at Arkansas.  Why can't you guys get it thru your head.  Anderson is not a good recruiter but this one is not on him. 

Pinto

He def wouldn't struggle to see the court this year. Last year he would have...

bvillepig

He committed to the first major to offer him.  What makes anyone think he wanted to come to Arkansas?

Randohoggie

Why is this even on the recruiting board?

yraciv

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 03:26:23 pm
He def wouldn't struggle to see the court this year. Last year he would have...

Sounds like definition of a project. His summer ball experience, grades, and lack of competition in high school all factored in. Glad he has turned into a player, but no fault on Mike Anderson's part here.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 22, 2018, 09:11:01 am
Then what are doing here? Why do you care about this so much if you don't trust anyone on a message board's judgment? Why is this something you're spending your free time doing if you feel that way?
I would imagine it is family or him.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ShadowHawg

He would struggle with the athleticism and size of SEC guards in a week after week scenario. Can you imagine him trying to check Auburn guards, Sexton, the Weatherspoons, etc?

He was barely physical enough for the Mo Valley a year ago.

NoogaHog

Quote from: farmhawg on February 25, 2018, 10:54:02 am

BINGO!!

Obviously Arkansas occupies a lot of real estate in somebody's head. Austin is obviously in a great situation for him. I'm not sure Arkansas would have been as ideal a situation for him. Good luck to him and hope he does well, but it is time to move on.

Please trash this useless thread.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

GoPigs69

Why are you so obsessed with Austin Reaves?

NoogaHog

Quote from: GoPigs69 on February 26, 2018, 04:49:21 pm
Why are you so obsessed with Austin Reaves?

Farmhawg answered that in reply #27 above

Quote from: farmhawg on February 25, 2018, 10:54:02 am

I hope Mr. Reaves feels better for getting that off of his chest.  And I hope Arkansas and the Shockers meet in the dance.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Davidr295

Good lord can we be done with this topic. He is not a razorback and never will be a razorback, get over it.

hogwood