Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon to announce his decision on 12/19...

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daprospecta

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 02:50:06 pm
He had all the tools. He could run, had great size, strong arm, but extremely raw. Had accuracy issues. He looked really dominant against inferior high school competition.

Who wouldn't have wanted a 6-3 213 LB dual-threat QB from a lower classification Arkansas HS that could run a 4.5?

Everyone in 2011 discounted the Northwest Arkansas QB that never wavered on his commitment and battled and bled for the Razorbacks. He's currently in the NFL. Where's Frazier?

Is this deja vu or what?
To be fair, everyone that I knew that followed BA early in his career said he was an amazing qb but he couldn't play well under pressure.  That was also true until his senior year, he figured it out and now he's in the NFL.

Peter Porker

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 15, 2017, 06:31:39 pm
Noland is the real deal. He will be a monster in this offense. No need to bash the kid who has been as firm of an Arkansas commit as I can remember. Need both and the best man wins.

100% agree.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 15, 2017, 05:06:28 pm
It just seems odd to me. If GB is announcing Tues, why wouldn't you wait until after to offer this kid. He's already committed to Texas so its not like your wanting to get to this guy before anyone else
because signing day is the following day
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

greenie

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 15, 2017, 05:06:28 pm
It just seems odd to me. If GB is announcing Tues, why wouldn't you wait until after to offer this kid. He's already committed to Texas so its not like your wanting to get to this guy before anyone else

You lost me here...who's committed to Texas?  I don't think Bohanon is committed to anyone yet.  Did I miss something?

Razorpigg

Quote from: greenie on December 15, 2017, 07:45:17 pm
You lost me here...who's committed to Texas?  I don't think Bohanon is committed to anyone yet.  Did I miss something?

Correct he's not committed yet, announcing Tuesday. The QB committed to Texass they offered today was Thompson from Newcastle, Ok.

bigbrew25

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 15, 2017, 06:31:39 pm
Noland is the real deal. He will be a monster in this offense. No need to bash the kid who has been as firm of an Arkansas commit as I can remember. Need both and the best man wins.
Not bashing Noland at all.  Great kid and great commit.   PP seems to think that Bohanon is somehow inferior to Noland just because he lives and plays football somewhere he has no control over.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: greenie on December 15, 2017, 07:45:17 pm

The kid we offered today is committed to Texas

Andrew Hogfan

I want GB,  and I want Nolan.  I want Nolan in the mound too though.  I hope he can pull off both.
WPS!!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on December 15, 2017, 10:07:15 pm
I want GB,  and I want Nolan.  I want Nolan in the mound too though.  I hope he can pull off both.

Nolan Ryan?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

greenie

bigred223

Quote from: bigbrew25 on December 15, 2017, 08:27:50 pm
Not bashing Noland at all.  Great kid and great commit.   PP seems to think that Bohanon is somehow inferior to Noland just because he lives and plays football somewhere he has no control over.

PP logic is since his competition is bad, he isn't as physically gifted as we think he is. Which makes no sense.

Peter Porker

Quote from: bigred223 on December 16, 2017, 03:42:11 am
PP logic is since his competition is bad, he isn't as physically gifted as we think he is. Which makes no sense.

You 2 have totally missed the point.

HogFoo

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 07:31:01 pm
because signing day is the following day
actually this perhaps proves to me at least, what I heard earlier today may be true which is that GB isn't coming here.  On a good note though, heard one of the secret visitors is coming, and the other might too. So if all this pans out, it'll be ok. Good luck to GB tho if this is true. Unless he plays us. We'll find out Tuesday what final answer is tho.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hogballisback

Announced final four just now. Arkansas, Memphis, Baylor, Indiana.

bulldog04

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 16, 2017, 04:04:01 pm
I saw that. What the lure to Indiana?

greenie

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 15, 2017, 08:00:53 am
100% out of state.

I think every other option for him is out of state.  He's supposedly on an official to Memphis this weekend. His other officials have been Arkansas, Baylor, and Indiana. Didn't you say he was going to an SECW program?  So a place that he didn't officially visit?  Why are you afraid to tell us where you *know* he's going?

colbs

Quote from: greenie on December 16, 2017, 04:18:13 pm
I think every other option for him is out of state.  He's supposedly on an official to Memphis this weekend. His other officials have been Arkansas, Baylor, and Indiana. Didn't you say he was going to an SECW program?  So a place that he didn't officially visit?  Why are you afraid to tell us where you *know* he's going?
Gerry might not come to Arkansas but that guy doesnt know what he's talking about.  He said he was already committed to another SEC school last week.

greenie

Quote from: colbs on December 16, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
Gerry might not come to Arkansas but that guy doesnt know what he's talking about.  He said he was already committed to another SEC school last week.

Exactly. Just giving him more rope. 😀

EastTNHog

Wow...you don't see many 4* guys with a final four like that. Kinda has me worried.

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

jry04

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 10:42:36 am
Silent to another SECW team. I won't say which team because that would be a party foul. It will be out in a few weeks.
Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 15, 2017, 08:00:53 am
100% out of state.
Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 07:01:30 am
He's not coming to Ark.

You may be right on him coming to Arkansas, but you clearly have NO CLUE. It is nothing more than a guess. It is one thing to state your opinion, but to act as if you are an insider just for credibility when you are clueless is ridiculous, and is a big reason why people make fun of HV.

In other threads you have said the ship for GB has sailed. You literally said we have 0 shot at him, and his mind is made up he is not coming here. You also said he is a silent commit to another SECW school, as you can see from the quote. Yet, he announces his final 4 are Arkansas, Baylor, Indiana, and Memphis. Weird, I do not see another SECW team in those 4. I guess you are going to tell us he flipped to someone else in the last few weeks and didn't even include the original team in his final four?

RockyMtnHog

Does this factor in to the equation?  The distance from home:

Memphis - 30 miles
Fayetteville = 280 miles
Bloomington, IN - 425 miles
Waco, TX - 535 miles
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HogFoo

Quote from: jry04 on December 16, 2017, 04:44:17 pm
You may be right on him coming to Arkansas, but you clearly have NO CLUE. It is nothing more than a guess. It is one thing to state your opinion, but to act as if you are an insider just for credibility when you are clueless is ridiculous, and is a big reason why people make fun of HV.

In other threads you have said the ship for GB has sailed. You literally said we have 0 shot at him, and his mind is made up he is not coming here. You also said he is a silent commit to another SECW school, as you can see from the quote. Yet, he announces his final 4 are Arkansas, Baylor, Indiana, and Memphis. Weird, I do not see another SECW team in those 4. I guess you are going to tell us he flipped to someone else in the last few weeks and didn't even include the original team in his final four?
Actually I will say I heard it a while back as well but didn't say anything. I thought there might still be a chance, then I heard again today he is going out of state.  Which, doesnt quite make sense since he could fit this offense very well, and like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I feel he or Noland have more ability to run this offense than anyone on the team other than the kid we redshirted.  So, not wanting to come here may ha e as much to do with Bielema not going after him strong as a QB and him supposedly being a silent commit to another school for a while.  I thought Morris would flip him, but doesn't sound like it right now.  Too late to the show.  We'll see soon enough.  Who knows maybe he'll wake up Tuesday and say he fills like a Hog. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: jry04 on December 16, 2017, 04:44:17 pm

Not so fast my friend said he was a silent to another SEC west school. He is wrong. Arkansas is the only SEC west School in his final 4. His final 4 are Arkansas, Memphis, Indiana & Baylor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gerry_bohanon/status/942151793148157953
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

azhog10

So what's the SEC school he was apparently rly all but signed to? The one poster said it's a done deal to a different SEC team and nothing CCM could do to change his mind.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

BR

From his Twitter page 1 hour ago: I will be announcing my college decision December 19th @2 pm..#GO TIGERS🐯#WPS🐗#SIC'EM🐻#HOOSIERS🔴⚪️
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

scottwillrazbackfan1

The choice is between Arkansas and Baylor. Memphis is creeping in because of distance. As someone stated earlier its 50\50. I think he chooses Baylor, to much ground for Morris to make up. BB did the hogs no favor by slow playing this Kid.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If he say's he believes Morris is THE RIGHT GUY, then I'm gonna say this has got to be good...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirWarren

Quote from: BR on December 16, 2017, 05:29:18 pm
From his Twitter page 1 hour ago: I will be announcing my college decision December 19th @2 pm..#GO TIGERS🐯#WPS🐗#SIC'EM🐻#HOOSIERS🔴⚪️

Predicting Baylor.

RockyMtnHog

HogFoo

Quote from: AP85 on December 16, 2017, 06:12:54 pm
Predicting Baylor.
I don't know why but that's who he has supposedly been silent too.  Even tho Morris got in on him late, I can't imagine he'd pick them over the Hogs.  But, we'll see.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: HogFoo on December 16, 2017, 06:22:17 pm
I don't know why but that's who he has supposedly been silent too.  Even tho Morris got in on him late, I can't imagine he'd pick them over the Hogs.  But, we'll see.

There is no loyalty for Arkansas kids any more.  They may have grown up "Calling the Hogs" but their blood is not Razorback Red.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 16, 2017, 06:26:57 pm
There is no loyalty for Arkansas kids any more.  They may have grown up "Calling the Hogs" but their blood is not Razorback Red.

Doesn't help that we've largely been irrelevant for the last 17 years.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

searkhogfan

Quote from: HogFoo on December 16, 2017, 06:22:17 pm

I saw somewhere, that he'd made the comment that there wouldn't be much qb competition at Baylor.  Connor Noland is the real deal.  And I don't think he's the least bit worried about competition.

jry04

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on December 16, 2017, 05:03:34 pm
Not so fast my friend said he was a silent to another SEC west school. He is wrong. Arkansas is the only SEC west School in his final 4. His final 4 are Arkansas, Memphis, Indiana & Baylor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gerry_bohanon/status/942151793148157953

That is what I said. He was wrong.

Quote from: HogFoo on December 16, 2017, 05:02:50 pm
Actually I will say I heard it a while back as well but didn't say anything. I thought there might still be a chance, then I heard again today he is going out of state.  Which, doesnt quite make sense since he could fit this offense very well, and like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I feel he or Noland have more ability to run this offense than anyone on the team other than the kid we redshirted.  So, not wanting to come here may ha e as much to do with Bielema not going after him strong as a QB and him supposedly being a silent commit to another school for a while.  I thought Morris would flip him, but doesn't sound like it right now.  Too late to the show.  We'll see soon enough.  Who knows maybe he'll wake up Tuesday and say he fills like a Hog. 
He didn't just say he was going out of state, he said he was a silent commit to a SECW school and that it was a done deal. We are the only SECW school listed, so the poster I quoted was clearly FOS.

Hogtimes

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
From his Facebook:

"Everyone I'll be making my college decision December 19th(next Tuesday ) @2:00pm in Earle High School Gymnasium . Everyone share this and  come see what you all have been waiting for."

nm

Hogtimes

ChicoHog

If we get him then that's great.  If not I'm not too upset.  We have Noland and Hyatt is on the roster now.  We need stud defensive players much more than another QB who may or may not be a good collegiate QB.  And if he goes to Baylor , IU or even Memphis at least he won't be competing against us unless it's a bowl game.

Kevin

If the hogs get him they get him, if not ok. Qb is one position I will not worry about with ccm
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFoo

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 07:44:19 pm
If the hogs get him they get him, if not ok. Qb is one position I will not worry about with ccm
that's pretty much how I feel.  If we got GB, that's gravy. If not, we are fine because Noland will be a star in this system himself.  I have faith that Morris has looked over what we have, looked at film and sees what we need to compete right away.  And apparently he sees we need better receivers!  Like I told my friend I bet we have quite a few transfer before next season.it is what it is. But like I was when Petrino was here, I'll never worry about offensive players being hard to find.   Depending on the DC, I may not worry about getting Dfense players either.  According to some posters, some of the recruits supposedly  already know who the D.C. is.  Hopefully my wish is it's Grinch. But we'll find out soon. I sent a text to a guy who would know. He's not responded yet tho. So we'll see.

NashvilleHog

I'd think Memphis is a contender for his services.  Lynch is an NFL QB and Ferguson will be drafted.  Chance to put up PlayStation numbers close to home and have high win totals.  No-brainer if he goes there. 
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: NashvilleHog on December 16, 2017, 08:55:05 pm
I'd think Memphis is a contender for his services.  Lynch is an NFL QB and Ferguson will be drafted.  Chance to put up PlayStation numbers close to home and have high win totals.  No-brainer if he goes there. 

Makes sense.
Retired Radio Host

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: NashvilleHog on December 16, 2017, 08:55:05 pm
I'd think Memphis is a contender for his services.  Lynch is in the NFL QB and Ferguson will be drafted.  Chance to put up PlayStation numbers close to home and have high win totals.  No-brainer if he goes there.

Fixed the Lynch part.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HogFoo on December 16, 2017, 08:44:38 pm
that's pretty much how I feel.  If we got GB, that's gravy. If not, we are fine because Noland will be a star in this system himself.  I have faith that Morris has looked over what we have, looked at film and sees what we need to compete right away.  And apparently he sees we need better receivers!  Like I told my friend I bet we have quite a few transfer before next season.it is what it is. But like I was when Petrino was here, I'll never worry about offensive players being hard to find.   Depending on the DC, I may not worry about getting Dfense players either.  According to some posters, some of the recruits supposedly  already know who the D.C. is.  Hopefully my wish is it's Grinch. But we'll find out soon. I sent a text to a guy who would know. He's not responded yet tho. So we'll see.
Except CCM has said in the past few days he has had almost 0 time to evaluate the roster and hopes to Sunday and Monday. Which that sounds like he is just throwing offers to what he thinks is best available. To me if he doesn't land GB, this class will always have some disappointment for me. Not sure he has enough time to overcome that loss with another player.

RockyMtnHog

Regardless of what happens the sun will still come up on Wednesday morning.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2017, 10:07:52 pm
Except CCM has said in the past few days he has had almost 0 time to evaluate the roster and hopes to Sunday and Monday. Which that sounds like he is just throwing offers to what he thinks is best available. To me if he doesn't land GB, this class will always have some disappointment for me. Not sure he has enough time to overcome that loss with another player.

It's not like this kid is picking between Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. Look who his top schools are. There's a reason that is. I know some have made him out to be Cam Newton, but he's more Kiehl Frazier to me. We will be just fine.

HogFoo

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2017, 10:07:52 pm
maybe he is just going after the best available.there sure seems to be a lot of players now interested in coming that didn't give Bielema the light of day.  It didn't take much to see we could use some great WRs with speed and that can catch the damn ball. And it doesn't hurt that all these guys were also DBs . Also our secondary lacked speed , we also lacked DLine guys. Well we lacked a lot. Haha so really if a guy is talented then we are interested. Especially at OLine. QB wasn't a position that we were hurting at all. We needed help elsewhere.  And since we are limited on schollies this year if dude signs ok cool. We'll have very good depth at QB!  If not, fine , we need help elsewhere.  From looks of it seems like we need all the extra schollies we can get. Cuz a litter of talent is wanting to come here now!  Which is a good prob to have!  Hope we can keep it this way every signing period!