Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Safety Deontay Anderson

Started by Hugo Bezdek, December 13, 2017, 06:43:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Bezdek

Just saw Deontay Anderson is not transferring to Michigan with Shea Patterson and has reopened his recruiting. He is originally from Manvel, TX and was offered by both Arkansas and SMU. Looks like he would have 3 to play 3. He was a Freshman All-American in 2016 for Ole Miss. Could be a nice option for us at Safety.

HOGINTENNESSEE

bville_hog

How much does he cost?  just wondering if we have room under the salary cap.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 13, 2017, 06:43:22 pm
Just saw Deontay Anderson is not transferring to Michigan with Shea Patterson and has reopened his recruiting. He is originally from Manvel, TX and was offered by both Arkansas and SMU. Looks like he would have 3 to play 3. He was a Freshman All-American in 2016 for Ole Miss. Could be a nice option for us at Safety.
I remember wanting this kid badly, but alas we weren't paying enough.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bville_hog on December 13, 2017, 06:50:35 pm
How much does he cost?  just wondering if we have room under the salary cap.

Salary has already been paid for.

hogfan14

Doubt they let him transfer to an SEC school

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: hogfan14 on December 13, 2017, 07:14:34 pm

I thought those restrictions had been lifted due to the sanctions on Ole Miss.

netteltonhog

Under the circumstances I don't think Ole Miss can stop anyone from going where they want. 

Oklahawg

Come on down! Best player on that team when I saw them in the TX CG.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 13, 2017, 06:58:20 pm
Salary has already been paid for.

May be time for him to negotiate an extension.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

SooieGeneris

He can't get admitted to UM due to a transcript issue.

Interesting that as a kid with 3 to play 3, he originally wouldn't have been able to transfer without sitting out as only the Seniors were going to get that perk..

He retained an attorney, maybe other underclassmen did also to get that changed, apparently worked, now he can even go to another SEC school.

Get this: his attorney in Thomas Mars of Little Rock, Houston Nutt's attorney who filed the suit vs Ole Miss back in the summer...

I don't know if that improved our chances assuming CM wants him, but he offered him at SMU, and we do need safeties.

Kid is playing hardball with OM.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2745141-safety-deontay-anderson-says-he-was-misled-by-ole-miss-requests-transfer
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

TexasRazorback

Would be a nice get if he can come to the Hill

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

sickboy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 13, 2017, 06:47:58 pm
We need Safety bad.

Don't forget we have Montaric about to come up. He resgirted this season because he was late to qualify.

King Kong

Quote from: sickboy on December 14, 2017, 11:41:58 am
Don't forget we have Montaric about to come up. He resgirted this season because he was late to qualify.

Last I checked more than one play

TNhawgfan

Quote from: King Kong on December 14, 2017, 11:42:48 am
More than one quality safety on the team? I don't think that's allowed
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Tusks

The hogs are in BAD need of some great safetys

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

kp72204

Quote from: hogfan14 on December 13, 2017, 07:14:34 pm
my thoughts exactly. Thought they could go without sitting a year, but not to any SEC.

King Kong

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 14, 2017, 01:04:41 pm
More than one quality safety on the team? I don't think that's allowed

CBB sure didn't think so

Oklahawg

Quote from: tusked on December 14, 2017, 01:07:42 pm
The hogs are in BAD need of some great safetys

Plural, as in "many safeties."
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sickboy on December 14, 2017, 11:41:58 am

Where did Santos Ramirez or Deon Edwards go?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 14, 2017, 02:27:17 pm
Where did Santos Ramirez or Deon Edwards go?
should be Montaric Brown and Santos Ramirez back there next year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

sickboy

Merely injecting something to be excited about at safety.

HogBreath

Quote from: sickboy on December 14, 2017, 03:22:36 pm
Merely injecting something to be excited about at safety.
Well thank you for that, because we baaaaad need some good news, excitement, what ever you want to call it, at the safety spots.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Oklahawg

Quote from: HogBreath on December 14, 2017, 06:14:57 pm
Well thank you for that, because we baaaaad need some good news, excitement, what ever you want to call it, at the safety spots.

Yeah, HV is well past "warm bodies" at safety.

Hogwild

Quote from: kp72204 on December 14, 2017, 01:15:33 pm
my thoughts exactly. Thought they could go without sitting a year, but not to any SEC.

He isn't a senior so if he transfers to any other school, he would need an NCAA waiver.  If he would transfer to an SEC school he would need waivers from the NCAA, Ole Miss (which they would allow), and the SEC.

jackflash

we do need safeties that why I am hoping we get the kid from Mississippi state and the Moore kid from Texas A&M to change their minds and become Razorbacks

jbcarol

Joseph Duarte
‏Verified account @Joseph_Duarte
5h5 hours ago

Ole Miss safety Deontay Anderson on decision to transfer to Houston: 'I feel like I can make an impact on the field." UH expected to apply for waiver for Anderson to play immediately. Anderson has UH ties: his uncle is Greg "Cadillac" Anderson
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net