Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD, any info on Brian Williams?

Started by Pork Ranger, December 07, 2017, 09:58:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

December 07, 2017, 09:58:04 pm Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:45:11 am by Pork Ranger
Has he made any comment about the new hire? I've got to believe CCM is very familiar with him. Appears SMU did offer

I looked him up again and he's pretty much the top recruit in the country. With a little success next year that 2019 class could be phenomenal.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902

WOOPIGDOOIE

Kid is a baller. Hopefully big brother talks him into coming here

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 07, 2017, 10:24:57 pm
Kid is a baller. Hopefully big brother talks him into coming here

I'm under the impression that RWIII is still in the same position on the team. Excitement from Rawleigh will help quite a bit.
This is my non-signature signature.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 07, 2017, 10:46:46 pm
I'm under the impression that RWIII is still in the same position on the team. Excitement from Rawleigh will help quite a bit.
As will the announcement of a legitimate DC I'm sure...
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

ml2200

I believe RD's recent article quoted Williams' high school coach as being a big fan of Morris.

Richard Davenport

December 13, 2017, 11:55:25 pm #5 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:42:45 am by Richard Davenport
Quote from: ml2200 on December 09, 2017, 09:10:18 am
I believe RD's recent article quoted Williams' high school coach as being a big fan of Morris.

The Williams family is very aware of Coach Morris. It will be interesting to watch things going forward.

HoggusMaximus

December 14, 2017, 06:33:27 am #6 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:12:05 am by HoggusMaximus
I think alot of it will depend on the dc and what kind of relationship he can form with brian

hawgdavis

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 13, 2017, 11:55:25 pm
The Williams family is very aware of Coach Morris. It will be interesting to watch things going forward.

Not sure if this is good or bad. Your post is rather vague, can you share a little more possibly as to what they may feel about CCM.

Thanks as always Richard.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 14, 2017, 07:01:45 am
Not sure if this is good or bad. Your post is rather vague, can you share a little more possibly as to what they may feel about CCM.

I take it as a good thing. From all reports CCM is highly respected in TX. I take it that the Williams family thinks that way as well. Is it enough to sway Brian in our favor? Who knows but I'm sure CCM will do everything he can to get him to the hill
Let's call those hogs!!!!

RaisinHog

Just saw where he listed his top 3 as Texas , Stanford , and notre damn

VirginiaHog

TX HOG

Y
Quote from: RaisinHog on January 03, 2018, 03:01:56 pm
Just saw where he listed his top 3 as Texas , Stanford , and notre damn

I'm wondering what having Jeff Traylor talking to him and his parents this next year will do

RaisinHog

Yea idk ..I guess there is a chance be it slim

Pork Ranger

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 03, 2018, 03:26:57 pm
Yea idk ..I guess there is a chance be it slim

Is what it is. Gotta start winning games to land kids like him

RaisinHog

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 03, 2018, 03:28:23 pm
Is what it is. Gotta start winning games to land kids like him

O yea ! I'm not upset at all I'm just saying lol

ADavisTheGOAT

Recruits with family ties almost never work out for us
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 03, 2018, 04:26:51 pm
Hunter Henry?

The family hasnt all signed just yet.  Still a brother to go...

I would say once Bielema and his staff departed, the Williams chances did as well.  With our defense the last couple of years, this kid was doing the polite thing by pulling for his brother and what not, but we weren't going to end up real contenders unless we drastically improved on the field...not many of us saw that happening after mid year this past season.

PorkSoda

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 03, 2018, 05:17:34 pm
The family hasnt all signed just yet.  Still a brother to go...

I would say once Bielema and his staff departed, the Williams chances did as well.  With our defense the last couple of years, this kid was doing the polite thing by pulling for his brother and what not, but we weren't going to end up real contenders unless we drastically improved on the field...not many of us saw that happening after mid year this past season.
Hunter Henry was already second generation hog if I remember correctly.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 03, 2018, 05:55:46 pm
Hunter Henry was already second generation hog if I remember correctly.

That is correct, however. most here making the comments of relatives are talking about much more recent brothers (Kirklands come to mind), cousins, etc.  When they would be playing together and still not getting the luck. 

Pudgepork

Trey Biddy addressed the Williams deal that the Williams family really took to CBB.  There was a chance he'd be a hog but his favorite was always notre dame.  Once the coaching change, ND looks to be a sure bet

Richard Davenport

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 14, 2017, 07:01:45 am

With the coaching change it's not a surprise Arkansas didn't make the cut. It's now up to the new staff to try and get back in it.

Dominicanhog

If I was this kid, I'd go to Stanford... much more than football involved...as his family has experienced first hand...

MP24

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Mike Elko heading to Texas A&M might shake some things up.
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

sickboy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 04, 2018, 06:14:17 am
If I was this kid, I'd go to Stanford... much more than football involved...as his family has experienced first hand...

Any kid with a Stanford offer is crazy not to go. Just being real. It's really the only school in the country where you're basically getting an Ivy League education and the football program is elite too. Or at least up there with the elites.

247Hog

Quote from: sickboy on January 04, 2018, 03:30:49 pm
Any kid with a Stanford offer is crazy not to go. Just being real. It's really the only school in the country where you're basically getting an Ivy League education and the football program is elite too. Or at least up there with the elites.

Agreed. Stanford is legit and would think be the team to beat out. Gonna be tough.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PlanoHog

Stanford leads for BW right now. He's very smart kid.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MP24 on January 04, 2018, 02:58:52 pm
Notre Dame defensive coordinator Mike Elko heading to Texas A&M might shake some things up.

as DC?  10th asst?  did not see this...