Gooden Decommits

Started by HardingHog, November 02, 2017, 03:04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisinHog

Judging by Brett's eye for tallent I ain't too sad about it

searkhogfan

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 11, 2017, 11:51:35 am
Golden hasn’t recommitted.  Never did.
Sarcasm??  If not, who the Heck is Golden?

Bubba's Bruisers

Golden hasn't recommitted.  Never did.

recommitted?  or decommitted?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 11, 2017, 12:01:50 pm

And, Gooden still wants to come to UA and play alongside Agim. That is very clear. The issue is deeper than that. He graduates, I think, this week.

So basically, you're implying academics...seemingly like almost all JUCO's we pursue?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jjdlc on December 11, 2017, 09:47:31 am
Did Gooden ever actually decommit?  I see 247 lists him as such, but the last thing I saw from Richard was that he still considers him a commit.  The last round of "he decommitted" seems to have ended with him saying it was someone who got hold of his phone.  So... is he or isn't he?
he's gonna be a Hog. Folks should go check Twitter when they are feeling all low esteem about the Hogs. Gooden certainly is more active with Arkansas Twitter than the rest of the teams. Id be surprised if he isnt a Hog.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 11, 2017, 12:01:50 pm
Morris didn't offer Hanspard while at SMU. Not sure if you throw around offers to every top 100 Metro area player and hope you can get 15-20 total, but I think that is telling.

Bugs me that our commits or recently decommited recruits are not getting reached out to from the staff...if we are to believe twitter. Probably a back story in there somewhere.

Looks like a mutual parting of the ways. Might be that the DBs from TX (one at A&M, the other decommited from NU) are headed to UA.

And, Gooden still wants to come to UA and play alongside Agim. That is very clear. The issue is deeper than that. He graduates, I think, this week.
we lost one CB and gained another. Hanspard is the only guy it looks like that isnt as much of a priority. Honestly, Bishop is faster anyway...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 01:04:27 pm
he's gonna be a Hog. Folks should go check Twitter when they are feeling all low esteem about the Hogs. Gooden certainly is more active with Arkansas Twitter than the rest of the teams. Id be surprised if he isnt a Hog.

I think OH is suggesting there are potentially other issues that might hold things up. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 11, 2017, 01:12:37 pm
I think OH is suggesting there are potentially other issues that might hold things up.

Yep. There's a reason he's talking to UAB.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 01:15:30 pm
Yep. There's a reason he's talking to UAB.
well, good damn thing we offered Billy then.

Grizzlyfan

HogFoo

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 11, 2017, 09:40:32 am
You think Morris  could EASILY get these two if he just asked them?   Just curious...how do you know that, especially  Hanspard
Gooden yes, very easily.  Go look at his twitter and read a little.  The kid wants to be a Hog and play beside Agim.  From some tweets i saw of Hanspard, it looked like he too would seriously think about coming back.  I am not as convinced as i am about Gooden though, with Hanspard.   But, without a doubt, if Gooden gets offered(even tho i never really saw a legit decommit from him) i'd almost guarantee Gooded is a Hog.  If he speaks with Morris this week as someone posted, then we'll see.    but, if offered again, he'll be a Hog. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Oklahawg

I don't know about academics as Gooden is supposedly graduating. Could be that he can graduate with a grade in a class (or missing a class) that UA/SEC requires.

Could be TOTALLY unrelated. Unfair to speculate but we've been down this road a lot over the years. How we managed to nurture Jeremy Patton onto campus is still amazing to me.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SPAL

Golden hasn't recommitted.  Never did.
Does this mean Al Golden is our new DC?

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Gooden is a disaster waiting to happen.

Get Ferrell and another DT and be on our way.

Bye to Hanspard too.  Wasn't terribly impressed with his tape or Wren's. 

Now I seriously want the WR out of Brenham, TX  that's committed to OU. Sucker is lightning fast.  I want Brenham's QB too as a SS/FS.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 11, 2017, 06:06:51 pm

Why is he a disaster waiting to happen?

ThisTeetsTaken

Dwight Gooden > Jon Gruden. 

TTT out.....
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Oklahawg

Now I seriously want the WR out of Brenham, TX  that's committed to OU. Sucker is lightning fast.  I want Brenham's QB too as a SS/FS.

Somebody saw something in Hanspard. UA AA or something like that, right? Dad might create more hype than his skills? We were happy about him right up to the moment we don't have him. LOL

As for Gooden, the only reasons to not like him that I can see:
1. get a comparable skillset in a 2018 graduate and thus get a couple of extra years on the roster
2. you think he is a mid-term graduate (ala Jeremy Patton) but there are transcript glitches that delay his arrival.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 11, 2017, 06:09:37 pm
Why is he a disaster waiting to happen?

He's wishy-washy as hell.  Not qualified yet.  Bert was trading 4 yrs to develop Ferrell for maybe, possibly getting only 2 yrs of Gooden and that's IF he could get into school.

Oh and Wisconsin offered Ferrell today too.

Ferrell is legit, he could use a RS year to learn technique, he doesn't quite get leverage like you want to see but he's got the athleticism to do it big time. He just overpowers HS kids, he's not getting taught a lot of in-line technique.  Coach Morris' willingness to teach HS coaches is one of the many prayers he'll answer for Arkansas kids.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 11, 2017, 06:26:38 pm
He's wishy-washy as hell.  Not qualified yet.  Bert was trading 4 yrs to develop Ferrell for maybe, possibly getting only 2 yrs of Gooden and that's IF he could get into school.

Oh and Wisconsin offered Ferrell today too.

Ferrell is legit, he could use a RS year to learn technique, he doesn't quite get leverage like you want to see but he's got the athleticism to do it big time. He just overpowers HS kids, he's not getting taught a lot of in-line technique.  Coach Morris' willingness to teach HS coaches is one of the many prayers he'll answer for Arkansas kids.

Oh, I thought disaster meant something serious.  Doesn't sound like a disaster.  Should have nothing to do with Ferrell probably.  Take both if you can, but Ferrell first, of course.

I wonder why all the attention on Ferrell all of a sudden. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Well I don't want to comment on anything in future regarding personal character because you never know the future.  Did we think Petrino would recruit a bunch of druggies but many of them turned out that way, choosing to party over everything else.

Maybe Gooden still comes to Arkansas, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he's a model citizen maybe he's not. Who knows but the signs, for me, point to disappointment.

HogNiner12

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 11, 2017, 07:03:19 pm
Well I don't want to comment on anything in future regarding personal character because you never know the future.  Did we think Petrino would recruit a bunch of druggies but many of them turned out that way, choosing to party over everything else.
HUH???

codeHog

Tough to take on a serious grade risk with so few openings. NFL talent

rtr

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 11, 2017, 07:03:19 pm

Maybe Gooden still comes to Arkansas, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he's a model citizen maybe he's not. Who knows but the signs, for me, point to disappointment.
I don't know of any serious druggies on Petrino's teams.  Just a lot of great Razorbacks.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

imtad16

I'm just confused on Emmit Gooden. Dudley calls him a pledge and Gooden says Arkansas is where he wants to go. However, 247 and Rivals no longer consider Gooden a commit to Arkansas while ESPN still does. We heard it from his mouth in this article though so I hope CM and staff call him and seal the deal because he has a nice offer list and can immediately be the replacement for Bijhon Jackson. With Noah Jefferson announcing us in his top 4 I would love to see him end up as a hog too. We would all the sudden seem to be shored up on the D-line with those two guys. Although I don't know that the new staff will reach out to Jefferson.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/dec/12/arkansas-dl-pledge-emmit-goodens-graduation-caps-g/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deuce Pigelow

I wonder what the delay is? At the least give him a call. Immediate help at a weak spot on our roster

HogFoo

Quote from: imtad16 on December 12, 2017, 05:12:17 pm
I'm just confused on Emmit Gooden. Dudley calls him a pledge and Gooden says Arkansas is where he wants to go. However, 247 and Rivals no longer consider Gooden a commit to Arkansas while ESPN still does. We heard it from his mouth in this article though so I hope CM and staff call him and seal the deal because he has a nice offer list and can immediately be the replacement for Bijhon Jackson. With Noah Jefferson announcing us in his top 4 I would love to see him end up as a hog too. We would all the sudden seem to be shored up on the D-line with those two guys. Although I don't know that the new staff will reach out to Jefferson.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/dec/12/arkansas-dl-pledge-emmit-goodens-graduation-caps-g/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Exactly.  its very confusing.  When i see the kid on twitter, he doesnt sound like a commit.  Sounds like he's waiting to get the offer again and wants to be a Hog rather than is still a Hog.   As for the grades stuff etc.. i believe the kid is scheduled to graduate this week isnt it?   But, like the one poster said, it could be that thing that seems to always foul us up with juco kids that try to come to arkansas/sec, that one class they still need and whether or not they want to spend the semester and take that class or go to a big12 school where they apparently dont need the same class and actually be a mid term in transfer already getting started on the playbook.   

Gooden definitely projects to take Bijon's spot.  Immediately.  Bielema was figuring his job was gonna be on the hot seat, so he had to get immediate starters.  He didnt have time to get a high school kid at a big spot of need and then try to cook them until they were ready.  he needed a guy that would be impactful right away. And that is Gooden.  Of course now, since the seat isnt hot for Morris, he could actually take a shot on Ferrell, who is pretty good.  i wish somehow we could take Noah Jefferson too.  if we keep losing recruits, we'll have room tho.  i will say that i hated seeing us lose Gibson.  man that kid was one helluva RB.  i did think that i had heard he tore an ACL or something?    And didnt see the twitter decommit, so not sure if it was Gibson leaving or being asked to leave.    but as the saying goes, the numbers will work themselves out.  i believe we'll be seeing a few transfers out before next season. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

razorhead5

HogFoo

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 12, 2017, 05:27:52 pm
Who is Golden?
Golden... a player a few years back that played for michigan or notre dame i think..   

Biggus Piggus

Golden wants to play alongside Showers.
[CENSORED]!

davril98

and he wants to wear number 69

GO

Quote from: HogFoo on December 11, 2017, 03:54:15 pm
But, without a doubt, if Gooden gets offered(even tho i never really saw a legit decommit from him) i'd almost guarantee Gooded is a Hog.  If he speaks with Morris this week as someone posted, then we'll see.    but, if offered again, he'll be a Hog.
Ok, let me get this straight so if Gooden gets offered, then Gooded will be Hog also. I think that's good, but I'm still worried about Golden. Has he committed or decommited?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 11, 2017, 04:42:23 pm
I don't know about academics as Gooden is supposedly graduating. Could be that he can graduate with a grade in a class (or missing a class) that UA/SEC requires.

Could be TOTALLY unrelated. Unfair to speculate but we've been down this road a lot over the years. How we managed to nurture Jeremy Patton onto campus is still amazing to me.

I know Mississippi gives out diplomas to students that still need JUCO prior to attending a 4 year university. I don't understand why so few credits are required here, and I do not know if GA is the same way. I just found it odd. It does, however, explain why Mississippi has such a large number of CC's...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

VirginiaHog

Gooden has never decommitted so he is still committed. Coaches have seen and to him. I don't see what the stir is.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 12, 2017, 07:14:17 pm
Gooden has never decommitted so he is still committed. Coaches have seen and to him. I don't see what the stir is.

Can you decipher your second sentence?

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 12, 2017, 07:15:53 pm
Can you decipher your second sentence?
Coaches have seen him and talked to him. However, per RDs new article they have not spoke to him directly. He is still committed at this time and will be unless CCM turns him away.

nwahogfan1

Grade issues and no SEC school could get him to campus in the spring.  He is an academic risks So might be better to move on.

Polecat

The guys out of Brenham are very quick. The WR, Trevion is super fast. I've seen them play a number of times this year. He was probably the best prospect in that entire district. Not sure we'd be able to pry him away from OU. The QB probably won't go high D-I in football. He's a talented basketball player too
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Pig in the Pokey

ChicoHog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 12, 2017, 10:38:13 pm
Coaches have seen him and talked to him. However, per RDs new article they have not spoke to him directly. He is still committed at this time and will be unless CCM turns him away.
I don't get it.  if they want him and they still have not contacted him then shame on the coaching staff.  it must be they don't want him (hard to believe) or cannot get him because of grades, etc.,  No way you turn down a stud Dlineman who could play immediately.  Just doesn't make sense. 

parallaxpig

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 13, 2017, 09:40:31 am
I don't get it.  if they want him and they still have not contacted him then shame on the coaching staff.  it must be they don't want him (hard to believe) or cannot get him because of grades, etc.,  No way you turn down a stud Dlineman who could play immediately.  Just doesn't make sense.

I believe their waiting on his grades to see if he can qualify.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 13, 2017, 12:21:43 pm
maybe, but he did just graduate. May have a D or something.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 13, 2017, 01:00:43 pm
maybe, but he did just graduate. May have a D or something.
time for the SEC to do away with this holier than thou rule.  If a kid qualifies at all other power 5 conferences he should be able to play in the SEC.  Level playing field

ChicoHog

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 13, 2017, 12:21:43 pm
OK, but at least call and speak to the kid! 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 13, 2017, 08:54:19 am
Grade issues and no SEC school could get him to campus in the spring.  He is an academic risks So might be better to move on.

Maybe you haven't seen our dline. We shouldn't move on from anyone that can play in this league. Absolutely worth the chance

Bash

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 12, 2017, 05:40:31 pm
Golden wants to play alongside Showers.

Oh...Oh...Oh...I get it, they are made up Russian players that never existed.

#fusiongps
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Polecat on December 13, 2017, 09:21:41 am
The guys out of Brenham are very quick. The WR, Trevion is super fast. I've seen them play a number of times this year. He was probably the best prospect in that entire district. Not sure we'd be able to pry him away from OU. The QB probably won't go high D-I in football. He's a talented basketball player too

Saw that Tulsa just offered the QB but that looked to be it for his football offers.  Maybe he's told coaches he prefers to play basketball but he's not a highly rated recruit in hoops either.  What I saw on film he's a bit of project but he's got tools galore. He's worth the effort imo to develop him into a sick SS or FS.