Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wild Game Camera?

Started by HawgWild, November 15, 2016, 05:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Got a recommendation for me? Nothing fancy. Just curious in seeing what's running around my property when the lights are out.

TIA

jim shell

HogBreath

I've had good luck with the Wildgame & the Moultries, both priced around 50-60 bucks each, take great pix or video, easy to use, easy on batteries and a load of fun to see what you can get on camera.  I have a Cuddeback that is a little pricier and it is a dang nice unit also.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HawgWild

I got a Tractor Supply flyer that has a 2 pk. 10 mp game camera for $99, usually $149.
Bass Pro has a 10 mp Stealth Cam G42NG on sale for $99.

Both use 8 AA batteries. Wonder how long they last?

theFlyingHog

I have a stealthcam that works good(after sending the first, defective one, back)
I also have a Browning that I paid around 160 for and is now a paperweight. Worked great for 8 months and just won't turn on.

95_alum

Bushnell Trophy Cam, Bone Collector model.

Boarcephus

I bought a Cuddeback from Cabelas a couple months ago.  Regularly $180 but on sale for $110 and came with a 16 GB card. It was advertised as having a quick shutter speed and so far I've been pleased.   I set it up in the backyard by my bird feeders and it stopped this cardinal in mid flight.  The other is a buck that showed up one night in the front yard. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

grayhawg

I have a Moultrie A5 I avg 40-60 pics a week and used the same battries for 9 months so far.

HawgWild

I ordered a 2-pac of the Moultrie A5s from Amazon. They should be here mid-week and I'll be up and shooting by Friday.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HogBreath on November 15, 2016, 10:02:17 pm
I've had good luck with the Wildgame & the Moultries, both priced around 50-60 bucks each, take great pix or video, easy to use, easy on batteries and a load of fun to see what you can get on camera.  I have a Cuddeback that is a little pricier and it is a dang nice unit also.

They are pretty good Dad uses them around his shop.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgWild

Well, I thought the Armadillo was back under my shed so I set up the game camera. It turned out to be something else.

str8volfan

Quote from: HawgWild on April 18, 2017, 04:56:23 pm
Well, I thought the Armadillo was back under my shed so I set up the game camera. It turned out to be something else.

THATS A darned WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GolfNut57

Quote from: str8volfan on April 18, 2017, 09:06:39 pm
THATS A darned WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously?? Dang Vol fans don't recognize a Fox when they see one?  ???
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

str8volfan

actually thought it was a chucacabra at first glance.

PharmacistHog

You idiots, that's a dingo.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on April 19, 2017, 07:12:51 am
You idiots, that's a dingo.
It ate my baby! And the skrimp off my barbie

HawgWild

My shed is now a fox den. That's pretty cool.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HawgWild on April 18, 2017, 04:56:23 pm

Nice red fox.  It may have a den under your shed...which would be cool.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HawgWild

Looks like they're settling in. Lot of activity on the camera last night and this morning. She brought in some kind of bird for the second night in a row. There's a pile of feathers outside the shed. Looks to be hawk like or a maybe a Barred Rock chicken. I might have a neighbor nearby that's having their chicken coop raided.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HawgWild on April 19, 2017, 02:25:40 pm
Looks like they're settling in. Lot of activity on the camera last night and this morning. She brought in some kind of bird for the second night in a row. There's a pile of feathers outside the shed. Looks to be hawk like or a maybe a Barred Rock chicken. I might have a neighbor nearby that's having their chicken coop raided.

The pic appears to be a male (no tits).  The female will stay in the den with newborn pups and the male will bring her food.  Hopefully you will get a pic of some pups one day soon.
We don't rent pigs

HawgWild

That was a pup in the right side frame above. The adult came to the shed, called and the pup came out and followed them away. They look to be 9+ weeks old.

Here's another.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HawgWild on April 19, 2017, 05:13:05 pm
That was a pup in the right side frame above. The adult came to the shed, called and the pup came out and followed them away. They look to be 9+ weeks old.

Here's another.

That is so cool.
We don't rent pigs

HawgWild

LSUFan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on April 19, 2017, 04:52:48 pm
The pic appears to be a male (no tits).  The female will stay in the den with newborn pups and the male will bring her food.  Hopefully you will get a pic of some pups one day soon.
Leave it to Wayneo to be looking for tits.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: LSUFan on April 20, 2017, 02:07:28 pm
Leave it to Wayneo to be looking for tits.

LOL!  What can I say?
We don't rent pigs

HawgWild

tophawg19

be careful  out there mom will tackle you over pups
. Also foxes get rabies
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Wayne Watson

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 19, 2017, 04:34:53 pm
be careful  out there mom will tackle you over pups
. Also foxes get rabies

It is very rare that a red fox or gray get rabies.

The pics are great.  HW, love that you have the chance to watch the interact.  Great job.
We don't rent pigs

theFlyingHog

I was over in MS this week and threw out some old pretzel pizza combos and saw a fox come over and eat em all

HawgWild

I'd read in the paper this week where a golfer had killed a red fox that turned out to have rabies.

The fox family stayed with us for about 3 weeks and moved on. Now I'm only getting a picture or two a night of the adult coming by, checking out the old den I guess. It's been a real treat to watch them but I am glad they're gone. Our little dog was infatuated by the smells around the shed. There'd be a picture of the foxes outside the shed and then a minute later my dog would be in a photo sniffing around. It was inevitable that they'd run into one another and my dog would come out the loser. That, plus it was beginning to smell from all the birds, bunnies, frogs and whatever else they were bringing back from the hunt and eating under the building.

Boarcephus

Quote from: HawgWild on May 19, 2017, 12:02:38 pm
Family Photo

That's neat.  I've got 2-3 foxes that show up just about every night.  I'd noticed this pregnant doe for the last couple months and she finally brought her fawn out to introduce it to us. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hogfan46

These pics aren't from a game camera. Actually my iPhone out the back window of my house in Richmond, TX outside of Houston. This is a male. The female with a few kits comes around time to time.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hogfan46 on June 05, 2017, 11:03:03 pm
These pics aren't from a game camera. Actually my iPhone out the back window of my house in Richmond, TX outside of Houston. This is a male. The female with a few kits comes around time to time.
Definitely shoot it. Those taste delicious

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hogfan46 on June 05, 2017, 11:03:03 pm

Amazing. They're running out of places to go. Sad.