Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atlanta Braves 2016

Started by ucahogfan, February 10, 2016, 09:31:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

With Keith Law releasing his farm system rankings today, I thought it was appropriate to start the new thread since I figure we are all looking forward to our farm system much more than our 2016 season.  After being ranked in the bottom five by Law to start the 2014 season, he ranked us the number one system in the game today.  While it is a premium article, the Braves section can be seen:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/14726383/atlanta-braves-top-farm-system-rankings-2016-mlb

That is some extremely impressive work by Hart and Coppy to turn around the system that fast.  Sure, it took trading a bunch of talented players who were on the verge of free agency, but our group of pitchers is the envy of baseball right now and Swanson is a great building block for the future.  I also don't think many of our elite prospects will graduate this year which means we should be #1 again next year considering we will add another top 50 prospect with the third overall pick and will sign Kevin Maitan out of Venezuela this international period who is the best prospect and has drawn legit comps to Chipper and Miggy.  The future is looking bright and it is easy to see us back in the playoffs in 2018-2019.

ucahogfan

OnTheHillHogFan

I am excited about he future for sure and wondering what kind of player we will target with the 3rd overall pick.

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

AirForceHog

I think the Braves definitely have a bright future. I can't wait for the season to start and these Braves to surprise the MLB this year.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

gutshot

Law's write-ups on 7 Braves he has in his top 100:

13. Dansby Swanson, SS
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 175
Top level: Low-A | 2015: NE

Swanson was the first pick in the 2015 Rule 4 draft, then became the first No. 1 pick to be traded before his signature could even dry on the contract, thanks to a recent MLB rule change (that allowed such trades) and a Diamondbacks GM with less patience than the average three-year-old. I love Shelby Miller, but trading the first six years of Dansby Swanson's entire career for three years of Miller could come back to bite the Diamondbacks, and quickly.
Swanson is a well-rounded prospect, a true shortstop who can hit, run, has a little pop and should be above-average on defense. He also has a great track record of performing against good competition, including two deep runs at the College World Series with his Vanderbilt teammates. He has solid plate discipline, not outstanding, and you'd like to see a little more contact from a guy who's probably a 12-15 homer hitter at his peak and does more with his legs and OBP than with power. He has the bat speed to be a higher-contact guy, with the ability to catch up to plus velocity. I do think he has .290-.300 average upside with 20-25 steals a year, although I'd like to see Atlanta introduce a minor stride or even a toe-tap to try to get his weight transfer started. At shortstop, he's quick and agile enough to stay at the position, although his arm may be the one tool that holds him back.
At worst, you've got a high-average, plus-running second baseman; at best, you've got all that in a guy who stays at short and maybe surprises you with some power. Either way, six years of that, with Year 1 probably being 2017, is not worth giving up for three years of Miller.

20. Ozhaino Albies, SS
Height: 5-9 | Weight: 150
Top level: Class A | 2015: 66
Atlanta is now flush with shortstops, so at some point, either Albies or Dansby Swanson may have to move to second base. But for now, Albies should stay at shortstop. He often gets comparisons to Jose Altuve, another undersized but strong middle infielder with an extraordinary feel to hit. Albies was the low-A Sally League's second-youngest regular in 2015, but finished third in the league in batting average with the league's eighth-best strikeout rate (minimum 300 plate appearances).
Albies is a plus runner and above-average fielder at short, with enough arm for the position except for the play from the hole. His swing is very compact and line drive-oriented, but he's unlikely to hit for much power, which would limit his ceiling if he has to move to second base. He can flat-out hit, though, and as long as he's a shortstop, he has a chance to become a star because of his offensive skills.

30. Sean Newcomb, LHP
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 245
Top level: Double-A | 2015: 48
Atlanta sees Newcomb as a potential top-of-the-rotation starter, possessing a Jon Lester package in terms of stuff and durability, but with an even easier arm action. I understand what they see, and three above-average-to-plus pitches from a big lefty is a good formula for a top prospect. But I have some concerns about his control that I can't handwave away.
Newcomb had no trouble missing bats or keeping runs off the board across three levels of the minors in 2015, with a fastball that's mostly 93-96 mph, a plus changeup in the mid-80s that hitters haven't picked up well, and a two-plane curveball in the upper 70s. The changeup has good action, but his delivery is so easy that it looks just like the fastball out of his hand, and it's a big reason why he punched out 30 percent of the right-handers he faced in 2015.
Here's the problem with Newcomb right now: What is the path to make him better? It's easy to say he'll cut his walk rate, but he already has such an effortless delivery that any such change won't be mechanical. There's a nonzero chance that "effectively wild" is just part of who Newcomb will be going forward, because any improvement in his control will have to come from within his own head.

39. Aaron Blair, RHP
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 230
Top level: Triple-A | 2015: 37

Blair came to Atlanta in the Shelby Miller deal, a trade that made no sense on its face but even less when you consider that Blair is already a major league-ready starter, and a big strike-thrower who posted a 3.16 ERA in half a year in hitter-friendly Reno. Blair should spend much, if not all, of 2016 in Atlanta's rotation; he already has shown he can dominate Triple-A hitters, generating ground balls thanks to the heavy sink on his low-90s fastball and missing bats with a plus changeup. He's still developing a curveball that will at least show average a few times per outing.
Blair missed bats in the low minors, but better hitters managed to put the ball in play against him in 2015 -- but usually on the ground (52 percent of the time, per MLBfarm.com research). That and his ability to limit walks is already a good formula for a fourth or even a No. 3 starter, and if Blair can continue to improve his curveball, which is already up at least a full grade since he signed, he has a chance to become an above-average starter capable of handling 210-220 innings a year.

43. Kolby Allard, LHP
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 175
Top level: Rookie | 2015: NE
Allard came into the spring of 2015 as the top pitching prospect in the draft, but a stress reaction in his lower back ended his spring just a few outings after it began, which allowed Atlanta to grab him with the 14th pick -- unusually low for the first prep arm to go off the board. Allard had been working on a strengthening program anyway, continued it after signing, then punched out 12 of the 20 batters he faced in pro ball before Atlanta shut him down.
Allard is a shade over six foot and wiry, but what comes out of his arm is electric: 92-95 mph fastball, hammer curveball and some feel for a changeup that he probably won't need for a year or more as he dominates low-minors hitters with the first two pitches. His changeup has some tumble to it and his arm speed is good, but he'll need to use the pitch more to develop his feel for it and to keep hitters off his fastball, which can get a little true up in the zone. Allard is still very young -- he'll pitch most of the season at age 18 -- and has so little track record of work that he's mostly projection right now. The main objective for 2016: having a full, healthy season.

80. Touki Toussaint, RHP
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 185
Top level: Class A | 2015: NR

Toussaint is probably more famous now for how Atlanta got him than for anything he has done on the mound: He was the reward Arizona gave Atlanta for taking on Bronson Arroyo's contract while Arroyo was out for the year following Tommy John surgery, which amounted to the outright sale of a top prospect to save money. Toussaint is way too talented to be discarded like that; the 2014 first-rounder has been up to 98 mph and will sit 94-95 as a starter, flashing a plus curveball and an improved changeup. Arizona did have him throw the curveball less frequently so he would use the changuep more, and it showed in the pitch's development last year. He's very athletic with a loose, quick arm, but is still raw as a pitcher and needs to work on repeating his delivery (especially his arm swing) more consistently so he can work first on throwing strikes and second on commanding his fastball. (Stat-line scouts beware: One awful outing in Asheville, sort of the Coors Field of the Sally League, added nearly a run and a half to Toussaint's ERA with Rome.)

He has top-of-the-rotation potential but could be years away from reaching that goal. With only money on the line to acquire him, Atlanta should be very happy to wait for him to arrive.

96. Max Fried, LHP
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 170
Top level: Class A | 2015: 100

Fried is a bit of a forgotten man, having missed a year and a half for Tommy John surgery rehab and recovery, and in the interim he was traded to Atlanta in the Justin Upton swap (January 2015). But Fried is fully healthy now, in great shape and ready to start the season, giving Atlanta another potential mid-rotation starter in its deep well of pitching prospects.

When healthy, Fried was up to 96 mph, working mostly 91-94, with a plus curveball and average changeup. But he lacked average command and control, giving the Padres some doubts about his maturity. Those doubts have been erased, however, as Atlanta couldn't be happier with his effort to come back from the surgery, and given his ridiculous athleticism, he should be able to smooth out and repeat his delivery to the point where he can at least throw all his pitches for strikes.

There's still No. 2 starter upside here if his stuff has fully returned and he can develop the command that his delivery and athletic ability should permit

ucahogfan

Thank you for posting gutshot.

Baseball America released their top 100 and seven Braves made it - Swanson (17), Newcomb (24), Olivera (55), Blair (60), Albies (63), Allard (84), and Touissaint (90).  They also ranked us as the #3 farm system after ranking #29 to enter 2015.  They also said that we should be the favorite to have the #1 ranked farm in 2017 since Olivera is the only one guaranteed to graduate this year while Blair probably does as well along with the #3 pick in June and are going to spend a lot of money internationally in 2016.

They praised us for taking a high risk, high reward strategy with a stable of pitchers which are far and away the envy of every other organization.

While he doesn't have the projection of Lucas Giolito, I hope Allard turns into that type of prospect who is a top 5 type talent in his class who fell into the teens because of injury concerns.  Allard has #2 potential in a major league rotation IMO.

As far as the number 3 pick, I would be extremely happy if Jason Groome fell to us.  He brings easy mid 90s velo with a plus curve as a HS senior.  He is also 6-6 and can be that ace that we need.

gutshot

There sure are a lot of fresh whispers about Albies potentially seeing Atlanta in 2016. I just don't think the Braves front office is dumb enough to waste a year of control to get him a few months of playing time in a lost season.  Surely...Hopefully.

ucahogfan

Quote from: gutshot on March 09, 2016, 11:19:00 am
There sure are a lot of fresh whispers about Albies potentially seeing Atlanta in 2016. I just don't think the Braves front office is dumb enough to waste a year of control to get him a few months of playing time in a lost season.  Surely...Hopefully.
Especially with Swanson ahead of him.  With both of them in the farm system, one of them will eventually have to move off SS.  I could see our INF in 2019 being Freeman at 1B, Albies at 2B, Swanson at SS, and Riley at 3B.  That is a potentially very good INF.

gutshot

Such a shame for Dan Winkler.  He was pretty impressive all Spring and it seemed to be carrying over into the regular season.  The rest of this team is hard to watch, as expected. 

Plenty of good performances throughout the minor league affiliates this weekend, though.   

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 10, 2016, 09:02:40 pm
Especially with Swanson ahead of him.  With both of them in the farm system, one of them will eventually have to move off SS.  I could see our INF in 2019 being Freeman at 1B, Albies at 2B, Swanson at SS, and Riley at 3B.  That is a potentially very good INF.
Isn't Albies ahead of Swanson?
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

OnTheHillHogFan

I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb and say we get another top 3 pick in the 2017 draft.

AirForceHog

I'm pretty sure that's a safe bet. Horrible start but it's a long season. I just want to see improvement mainly from the pitching.

ucahogfan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 12, 2016, 01:54:56 am
Isn't Albies ahead of Swanson?
Yeah, they started Albies at AA and Swanson at High A. That post was written before assignments were handed out.  I was just basing it off that Swanson is older than Albies; however, my original point is still valid, either Swanson or Albies will have to move off SS.  It is a good problem to have two elite SS prospects in the system.  Having Albies made it easier to move Simmons for Newcomb and Ellis and then getting Swanson as the centerpiece of the Miller trade was unbelievable.

ucahogfan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 13, 2016, 01:01:30 am
I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb and say we get another top 3 pick in the 2017 draft.
At this rate, we might be a lock for the #1 overall pick in 2017 which is not a bad thing.

As far as 2016 and the #3 pick, there will be a potential top of the rotation arm still available as this draft has four very high end arms IMO - Dakota Hudson at Mississippi State, Alec Hanson at Oklahoma, A.J. Puk at Florida, and Jason Groome who is a HS LHP.

gutshot

Well Hector Oliver is in the slammer today.  Not ideal. 

AirForceHog

I'll get to see prospect Swanson on Saturday. My first Mudcats game of the year.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 13, 2016, 07:57:53 am
Yeah, they started Albies at AA and Swanson at High A. That post was written before assignments were handed out.  I was just basing it off that Swanson is older than Albies; however, my original point is still valid, either Swanson or Albies will have to move off SS.  It is a good problem to have two elite SS prospects in the system.  Having Albies made it easier to move Simmons for Newcomb and Ellis and then getting Swanson as the centerpiece of the Miller trade was unbelievable.
Oh ok. I would think it would be Albies just because of his size.

OnTheHillHogFan

FYI Just found out that Mallex Smith is Michael Smith's, former hog RB, little brother.

clutch

It's almost impressive how few homeruns the Braves have hit this season.

pigture perfect

I know my avatar shows Cardinals, but I've liked the Braves some through the years. I hate to see my grandmothers team (God rest her soul) be this bad.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

AirForceHog

There is absolutely no power in the Braves line up. It is definitely looking like a long season but I still have hope for the young guys to step up and be ready for next year.

clutch

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 28, 2016, 07:36:33 pm
There is absolutely no power in the Braves line up. It is definitely looking like a long season but I still have hope for the young guys to step up and be ready for next year.

It's pretty astonishing how little power there is. I mean, these guys are major leaguers. You'd think somebody would accidentally hit one over every now and then.

ucahogfan

Swanson and Albies have both been promoted up a level.  Swanson to AA and Albies to AAA.  It will be interesting to follow this progression as the year keeps going.

Also, I wonder what our over / under for HR this season will be?  40?

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 30, 2016, 09:50:32 pm
Swanson and Albies have both been promoted up a level.  Swanson to AA and Albies to AAA.  It will be interesting to follow this progression as the year keeps going.

Also, I wonder what our over / under for HR this season will be?  40?

A better question might be how many individual players will have more HR's than the entire Braves team? lol.

AirForceHog

Well that was short lived for Swanson in Carolina. At least I got to see him play once. Went back Saturday and poof he was promoted to Mississippi.

pigture perfect

I keep waiting for some of Atlanta's young guys to start making noise. Kind of sad.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

yraciv

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 06, 2016, 06:36:43 pm
I keep waiting for some of Atlanta's young guys to start making noise. Kind of sad.

At this point, the Braves are actually pretty old in baseball terms.  Young guys can only make noise in the minors, until they get called up.  On the active roster, you  have Castro, Smith, Wisler, and Blair under 25.  Castro wasn't ever a top prospect, like Top 25 in organization, so he probably projects as backup utility guy.  Smith is a decent prospect, #11 in the preseason, but didn't dominate quite like he did in High A ball once he hit the higher levels of the minors.  The pitchers all project to be good rotation guys,  so excited to see how they do.  Not sure any young guy we have playing is a longterm answer.  Inciarte is 25 and really good, but I see him getting swapped at some point.

gutshot

Mallex has shown noticeable improvement since being called up even though the stat line doesn't show it much.  Walks were a big part of his game in the minors but he still isn't showing that in the majors so far.  The player I was excited to see bounce back was Rio Ruiz.  He seemed to be catching up to upper level pitching this spring and early in the regular season, but has gone ice cold this past week.  I'm anxious to see if and how he adjusts to get out of this rut. 

The pitching is so hot and cold, it's hard to get a good gauge on some guys.  Foltynewicz looked great the last time out.  Blair did not, yesterday.  Last week, it was the other way around.  Newcomb has cut back on the walks a little that last couple of times out, but the other part of that trade, Chris Ellis, is outperforming him in Mississippi.  Down in the lower levels, Touki Touissant has backed off on his fastball a little bit and isn't walking the stadium like he was earlier.  I saw some GIFs from his last start and, man, that dude has a killer breaking ball.  Big potential but a lot of learning to do for him. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: yraciv on May 08, 2016, 12:13:57 pm
At this point, the Braves are actually pretty old in baseball terms.  Young guys can only make noise in the minors, until they get called up.  On the active roster, you  have Castro, Smith, Wisler, and Blair under 25.  Castro wasn't ever a top prospect, like Top 25 in organization, so he probably projects as backup utility guy.  Smith is a decent prospect, #11 in the preseason, but didn't dominate quite like he did in High A ball once he hit the higher levels of the minors.  The pitchers all project to be good rotation guys,  so excited to see how they do.  Not sure any young guy we have playing is a longterm answer.  Inciarte is 25 and really good, but I see him getting swapped at some point.
I think I read the other day that it looks like we are going to run out a rotation of Teheran, Foltynewicz, Wisler, Blair, and Perez for at least a little while.  Might as well see what they can do since we have targeted good young pitchers with our rebuild.

ucahogfan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on February 10, 2016, 11:52:26 pm
I am excited about he future for sure and wondering what kind of player we will target with the 3rd overall pick.
So with the draft quickly approaching, it might be time to re-visit this.  Jim Callis at MLB.com released a mock draft this week and had the Braves taking Jason Groome at No. 3.  I really hope that he does fall to us.  A LHP who already works in the low to mid 90s with a hammer who could turn out to be one of the top 10-15 pitchers in the game if everything comes together.

bulldog04

Freddie has been fired.  Brian Snitker to take over.  Terry Pendelton would've been my pick

GolfNut57

Quote from: bulldog04 on May 17, 2016, 01:53:58 pm
Freddie has been fired.  Brian Snitker to take over.  Terry Pendelton would've been my pick

From reading the article about it the Braves front office claimed they considered Pendleton for the interim spot but decided to use Snitker because they are going to consider Terry after the  season is over for the full time Mgr spot. IOWs, Snitker is ONLY going to be an interim manager. Sure gives him motivation to do his best huh.  8)

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/178615590/braves-dismiss-fredi-gonzalez

excerpt: The Braves discussed having either Perez or Pendleton serve as the team's manager over the remainder of this season. But they view both as better candidates once it comes time to fill the managerial position on a permanent basis.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

yraciv

I sure hope we get away from the Braves contingent for the new hire. I want some new blood calling the shots and there are some out there I think are more deserving of a shot.

bulldog04

Of course there are the Chipper Jones manager rumors

gutshot

Snitker has been helping develop these most of these guys in the minors.  He's basically got a free 4 1/2 month audition without any win/loss record-related consequences.  He will continue developing young players like he has been, only now he gets to do it at the big league level with an opportunity to catch somebody's attention (Braves or any other team) at the same time.  He's been working for 40 years to get to this point.  I think he will be plenty motivated.   

yraciv

Quote from: bulldog04 on May 17, 2016, 05:48:20 pm
Of course there are the Chipper Jones manager rumors

I always hate the lets just hire our star former player approach. Like Chipper has ever managed a game in his life.  And like he doesn't have enough money and positives going on his life to just chill for a while.  He just married a smoking hot former playmate/UK cheerleader.  He has moved to a Texas ranch, which allows him to do his other favorite things, hunt & fish all day long.  And he still gets to travel, party, and go to games whenever he wants.  Lets just say I don't see much motivation for him to get out of the house.

yraciv

In other news, our ace Teheran finally won a game.

gutshot

To be fair, Chipper and his wife just moved back to Georgia a few weeks ago, but your point remains strong.  He's right where he wants to be.  He's got a special assistant role to keep him close to the game without having to be in uniform, flying around the country everyday.  Managing doesn't seem like a good fit for him. 

OnTheHillHogFan

I've seen a few people mention Alex Cora as a candidate

ucahogfan

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 34m34 minutes ago 

The Braves acquired Brian Matusz and the 76th pick in this year's Draft  from the O's for Brandon Barker and Trevor Belicek

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 32m32 minutes ago 

The Braves are expected to DFA Matusz. So they essentially took his remaining salary ($3.9 M) to gain the 76th pick.

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 28m28 minutes ago 

The Braves now have 5 of the first 80 picks: 3, 40, 44, 76 and 80

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 11m11 minutes ago 

Along with gaining the extra selection, the Braves add $838,900 (figure assigned to the 76th pick) to their bonus pool.

This draft and the blitzing of the international market starting July 2 should help cap our deep re-building process.  I know we have endless amounts of pitching in our farm system right now, but I would like to see us take a chance on either Riley Pint or Jason Groome as they can be the ace of the staff that we need IMO.

gutshot

Barker was having a good season.  He turned out to be a nice pick for a 16th rounder.  But this probably has more to do with those 40th and 44th picks than it does the 76th.  That extra pool money will allow them to go after a high-schooler who has fallen into the 40s due to signability, and pay him like a top 20 pick.  Then they can make a signable AJ Minter-like selection with that 76th pick. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: gutshot on May 24, 2016, 08:35:00 am
Barker was having a good season.  He turned out to be a nice pick for a 16th rounder.  But this probably has more to do with those 40th and 44th picks than it does the 76th.  That extra pool money will allow them to go after a high-schooler who has fallen into the 40s due to signability, and pay him like a top 20 pick.  Then they can make a signable AJ Minter-like selection with that 76th pick. 
Without a doubt.  You could have Joey Wentz fall into the 40s because of signability or sign local product Carter Kieboom.  It's all about getting 1st round type talent in that range who fell due to signability.

ucahogfan

Coppy came out today and said it would take Teheran and the asking price is high.  He wants a position player in the MLB that matches Teheran's age and productivity level.  Don't think he is moving.

AirForceHog

Just saw that Grilli got traded. Haven't seen the deal yet.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: AirForceHog on May 31, 2016, 05:45:37 pm
It was so we could get our young guys some more work

GolfNut57

Quote from: AirForceHog on May 31, 2016, 05:45:37 pm

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/181270102/blue-jays-trade-for-jason-grilli

Braves got a pitching prospect named Sean Ratcliff in return.

"Ratcliffe is a 21-year-old from Ajax, Ontario, who spent last season with Class A Vancouver. He posted a 3.60 ERA while striking out 30 over 40 innings, all but one of his 22 appearances coming out of the bullpen."
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ucahogfan

I like the selection of Anderson at 3 which allowed us to take two tough signs and top 20 type talents in Wentz and Muller.

ucahogfan

Got to see Freddie hit for the cycle and the walk off last night. The perfect way to say good bye to the Ted.

ucahogfan

Tomorrow marks the start of the international signing period. The Braves have long been favored to sign Kevin Maitan who is regarded as the best 16 year old prospect since Miguel Sano and has drawn Chipper and Miggy comps.  It is nice to think about a potential INF in 2020/21 of Freddie at 1B, Albies at 2B, Swanson at SS, and Maitan at 3B.

On another note, rumor is Teheran will only be traded for a return that beats what we got for Miller.  In other words, it means probably two-three top 30 prospects. The Red Sox are probably the only contending team that can meet the asking price. Well, the Dodgers can, but they have shown that they are unwillingly to part with their elite prospects.

pigture perfect

I would certainly rather see Benetendi in the NL than the AL.