Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Milwaukee columist to UW fans: "Be careful what you wish for"

Started by 56Hog, December 04, 2012, 06:34:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

56Hog

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

bennyl08

I remembered a thread way with a wiscy fan talking about Bielema when he was first hired here but couldn't readily find it. However, I did find this and I think it is worth revisiting. The guy pretty much hit the nail on the head. At least up to the last 14 games or so when the team stopped being willing to run through a wall for him. The writer even nailed the needing to hire Chryst at Wiscy.

Also, I must admit that I had forgotten about his tendencies to be an aggressive playcaller with the 4th down conversions and fake punts. That stuff almost entirely stopped in the back half of his tenure here. Especially getting way too conservative on defense.

If anybody is willing to look for it, the post I was trying to find was talking about his poor time management in games and sometimes really head scratching decisions and such though also talking about the benefits. I seem to recall it was a fairly lengthy post but it also might not have been an OP and could be somewhere in a different thread.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Tusks

UW has won MORE since he left than when he was there.  Add that to his record at AR and you get a very crappy coach.

You don't have the worst record at AR since WWII and not be an elite loser.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit