Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown X

Started by McKdaddy, February 19, 2016, 11:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

southarkhog06

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 01:54:25 pm
Awwww do you need some help?  I'm sure your frustrated about all that money you wasted on Jason Heyward.  It's like Carl Crawford all over again.  Wonder where Theo will run off to next.
  Big Papi is a fraud.  There's an article in that thread about it.  You should educate yourself.
I need help? are you reading your posts?

Why would I be frustrated about Heyward? It isn't my money and we are in the NLCS. As for Theo I have no clue where he goes next, I assume wherever makes the most professional sense for him. I certainly like the job he has done but am under no illusion that he will be in Chicago forever.

That article on Ortiz was a hit piece, plain and simple. However the part about his PED use is something new I learned therefore I no longer think he should be inducted into the HOF.

Either way, this is the Cards thread.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 03:08:17 pm
I think you missed the point.  Theo can spend money and push a team over the top, but there can be lingering effects.  Very many more Heyward contracts and the Cubs will be mediocre and penniless in a few years. 
The season is over for us.  I'm sure this thread will be in the graveyard for next year.
Well, for one the book isn't closed on Heyward, I doubt he hits .220 for the rest of his career.

Secondly, Theo has few big money "misses" when compared to NYY, the 2 LA teams, and BOS new management.

It is fair to be critical of some of his moves, he got next to nothing for Castro, and drained the farm for Chapman, who will be a FA at the end of the year. That being said, it is hard to argue with his results so far.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 05:33:52 pm
So far... I'm telling you keep spending and making lopsided trades.  There is a reason the Cardinals do what they do, and are consistent.  They make very few bad deals, and rarely break the bank.  As much it pains the fans they are willing to let players like Pujols and Holiday go.  Letting Pujols go was a smart move.  The Cubs would've over paid all else being equal.  Holiday may stay for a cut in salary and an incentive heavy contract, but the Cards won't be paying without getting production in return.
you do realize the Cards offered Heyward a bigger contract than the Cubs did don't you?

The Cubs would not have overpaid for pujols, theo's philosophy is young and controlable in the field(russell and rizzo) and veteran free agents in the rotation(Lester and lackey).  If you are gonna trash them at least make valid arguments.

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 19, 2016, 07:16:09 pm
you do realize the Cards offered Heyward a bigger contract than the Cubs did don't you?

That's less than true. It has been rumored that they did, but unless you were in the room you can't say definitively that they did.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 19, 2016, 07:32:17 pm
That's less than true. It has been rumored that they did, but unless you were in the room you can't say definitively that they did.
fair enough, but are you really gonna focus on that and ignore the 3 posts of pure bs from yalls drunk uncle?

southarkhog06

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 08:59:16 pm
Nothing I've said for two days is bs.  Homeboy already set you straight on Heyward.  That was a rumor.  Now if you wanna talk bs, the fact that MLB is going out there way to get the Cubs in the WS, that's bs.  It's clear they know what will drive ratings, and it ain't L.A. vs. Cleveland.  That Gonzales call was terrible.  No point in replay anymore.  Game 1 against the Giants got stripped away from them as well.  It's happened subtly all year.  Cubs in the WS draws in the casual baseball fan and the non baseball fan.
nah bro it's the alien overlords, making sure the Cubs keep us distracted so they can infiltrate our government. Get your kooky conspiracy theories straight, drunk uncle joe.

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 19, 2016, 08:07:30 pm
fair enough, but are you really gonna focus on that and ignore the 3 posts of pure bs from yalls drunk uncle?

I'm pretty sure what he says is on him. If he wants to engage in what you consider jackholery, that's his business. I can no more control what somebody else says or does than I can keep the sun from rising tomorrow.

I responded to what I did respond to because it is a false narrative about the Cardinals that has been leveled by Cubs fans at me in this very thread before.

Dropkick

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 05:33:52 pm
So far... I'm telling you keep spending and making lopsided trades.  There is a reason the Cardinals do what they do, and are consistent.  They make very few bad deals, and rarely break the bank.  As much it pains the fans they are willing to let players like Pujols and Holiday go.  Letting Pujols go was a smart move.  The Cubs would've over paid all else being equal.  Holiday may stay for a cut in salary and an incentive heavy contract, but the Cards won't be paying without getting production in return. 
Look at the Cards free agents. You like Leake at 9-12 with a 4.69 ERA. You better, you got 4 more years of it. Broxton and Brayan Pena were the other two. Congrats!

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 19, 2016, 11:16:55 pm
I'm pretty sure what he says is on him. If he wants to engage in what you consider jackholery, that's his business. I can no more control what somebody else says or does than I can keep the sun from rising tomorrow.

I responded to what I did respond to because it is a false narrative about the Cardinals that has been leveled by Cubs fans at me in this very thread before.
the first time I heard that rumor it was by cards fans, trying to defend yalls gm.

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 24, 2016, 02:44:59 pm
the first time I heard that rumor it was by cards fans, trying to defend yalls gm.

Look, just stop. I'm not getting drawn into the pissing match that you have claimed you want to go away. You know that defending John Mozeliak was the farthest thing from your mind, besides, I'm pretty sure his track record can defend itself without your help.

Enjoy the World Series and stop trying to aggravate Cardinals fans, you and others are  giving all fans a bad name.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 24, 2016, 05:10:41 pm
Look, just stop. I'm not getting drawn into the pissing match that you have claimed you want to go away. You know that defending John Mozeliak was the farthest thing from your mind, besides, I'm pretty sure his track record can defend itself without your help.

Enjoy the World Series and stop trying to aggravate Cardinals fans, you and others are  giving all fans a bad name.
I'm not trying to aggravate anyone, I stated that that's where I first heard the rumor. I just figured it must be true because why would a cards fan make that up with the year Heyward was having. No need to be so defensive.

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 24, 2016, 07:39:10 pm
I'm not trying to aggravate anyone, I stated that that's where I first heard the rumor. I just figured it must be true because why would a cards fan make that up with the year Heyward was having. No need to be so defensive.

You're statement above is completely false, you never said it was rumor until after I correctly pointed out to you that it was. Also, who is defensive? You're the one that was on here for days crying and asking for help because of what one poster thought about the Cubs.

Were the Cardinals one of the teams in on Heyward? Yes they were. Did they make him a large offer? I believe they did, but I don't claim to know. Was theirs the highest offer on the table? No one on earth knows that except Heyward, his agent, and the franchise that made the offer.

You stated it as fact that Heyward went to the Cubs for less money because that is the popular narrative among the Cardinals bashers out there, and frankly, you want it to be true because it gives you ammunition to fire on message boards. Also if you're measuring truth by what the fan of a team says, I can't really help you.

Again, enjoy the World Series.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 24, 2016, 08:27:23 pm
You're statement above is completely false, you never said it was rumor until after I correctly pointed out to you that it was. Also, who is defensive? You're the one that was on here for days crying and asking for help because of what one poster thought about the Cubs.

Were the Cardinals one of the teams in on Heyward? Yes they were. Did they make him a large offer? I believe they did, but I don't claim to know. Was theirs the highest offer on the table? No one on earth knows that except Heyward, his agent, and the franchise that made the offer.

You stated it as fact that Heyward went to the Cubs for less money because that is the popular narrative among the Cardinals bashers out there, and frankly, you want it to be true because it gives you ammunition to fire on message boards. Also if you're measuring truth by what the fan of a team says, I can't really help you.

Again, enjoy the World Series.
whatever dude nobody is crying besides you and doosher above, I "complained" about him being a drunk uncle as a joke.

I didn't bash the Cards in any way, I responded to him bashing the Cubs over Heyward, by saying the Cards wanted him too. Did I falsely accuse them of offering more money? Yes I will own that. Happy?

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 25, 2016, 10:32:33 am
whatever dude nobody is crying besides you and doosher above, I "complained" about him being a drunk uncle as a joke.

I didn't bash the Cards in any way, I responded to him bashing the Cubs over Heyward, by saying the Cards wanted him too. Did I falsely accuse them of offering more money? Yes I will own that. Happy?

Just stick to the Cubs thread with all the other Joe Maddon sycophants if you can't take the heat and have to resort to name calling.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 25, 2016, 11:07:40 am
Just stick to the Cubs thread with all the other Joe Maddon sycophants if you can't take the heat and have to resort to name calling.
ummmm pot meet kettle, but whatever, I leave you to your butthurt.

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 25, 2016, 11:47:34 am
ummmm pot meet kettle, but whatever, I leave you to your butthurt.

Uhhmmm who started the name calling? Drunk uncle? Besides, I never called anybody a name, show me where I did.

There isn't one bit of butthurt here. I just wanted to correct something that you wrote, which I have, and that's the end of it for me. Again, enjoy the World Series.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 25, 2016, 01:03:54 pm
Uhhmmm who started the name calling? Drunk uncle? Besides, I never called anybody a name, show me where I did.

There isn't one bit of butthurt here. I just wanted to correct something that you wrote, which I have, and that's the end of it for me. Again, enjoy the World Series.
you just called me and the people that post on the Cubs board sycophants, I guess that doesn't count.

jrulz83

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 25, 2016, 01:29:14 pm
you just called me and the people that post on the Cubs board sycophants, I guess that doesn't count.

It's not a name. It's a word with a definition, look it up sometime. And besides, I don't have to go around board rules to use the word sycophant like you do with your words of choice. Again, enjoy the World Series.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 25, 2016, 06:09:14 pm
It's not a name. It's a word with a definition, look it up sometime. And besides, I don't have to go around board rules to use the word sycophant like you do with your words of choice. Again, enjoy the World Series.
and you too good sir.

clutch

Heyward lighting it up this postseason. .071 BA

Dropkick

Quote from: clutch on October 27, 2016, 08:24:55 am
Heyward lighting it up this postseason. .071 BA
......but in the post season

Rocky&Boarwinkle

This represents my allegiance this WS

jrulz83

18 Pictures of Sad Cubs Fans That Will Totally Bum You Out:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/chicago-cubs-nba-fans-sad-3-1-world-series-cleveland-indians

Or In My Case Bring Me Great Joy

And that joy has nothing to do with the hat they're wearing, seeing any fans in pain after a loss is a great joy of my life.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 30, 2016, 09:46:16 am
18 Pictures of Sad Cubs Fans That Will Totally Bum You Out:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/chicago-cubs-nba-fans-sad-3-1-world-series-cleveland-indians

Or In My Case Bring Me Great Joy

And that joy has nothing to do with the hat they're wearing, seeing any fans in pain after a loss is a great joy of my life.
I bet you are a big fan of surrender Cobra memes.  ;D

clutch

Quote from: Dropkick on October 27, 2016, 12:36:51 pm
......but in the post season

Yeah, that .230 regular season with 7 hrs and 49 rbi was something special too. Makes me remember why I was disappointed in the trade when the Cards first acquired him.

Dropkick

Quote from: clutch on October 30, 2016, 10:14:45 am
Yeah, that .230 regular season with 7 hrs and 49 rbi was something special too. Makes me remember why I was disappointed in the trade when the Cards first acquired him.
My post meant, but he is IN the postseason again. He wouldn't be if he had stayed in STL

jrulz83

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on October 30, 2016, 10:07:57 am
I bet you are a big fan of surrender Cobra memes.  ;D

But of course. Anytime a fan is in pain, anytime a fan has a call go against their team, anytime Michigan/Ohio State/Notre Dame et cetera loses, I'll be in my living room cackling with glee at the TV.

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on October 30, 2016, 11:41:10 am
My post meant, but he is IN the postseason again. He wouldn't be if he had stayed in STL

Reach

McKdaddy

JH's regression has been boggled me, but I guess it shouldn't.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

clutch

Quote from: Dropkick on October 30, 2016, 11:41:10 am

I knew exactly what your post meant. I was just pointing out that he's an overrated player, he just happens to be on a good team.

Dropkick

Quote from: clutch on October 30, 2016, 05:47:43 pm
I knew exactly what your post meant. I was just pointing out that he's an overrated player, he just happens to be on a good team.
Gotcha

pigture perfect

Any idea what Mo will do this off season? I'm not expecting much. I believe the better Free Agents will be snagged up by other teams and we'll get 2nd tier players. I did hear that we may go after Lorenzo Cain from the Royals. That would be cool. I like him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoghappy

popcornhog

As it stands, here's the 2017 rotation as I see it:

CF Dexter Fowler
1B Matt Carpenter
SS Diaz
RF Piscotty
C Molina
3B Perralta
LF Grichuk
2B Wong
P
WPS

pigture perfect

I don't mind that lineup but 6-8 need to have much better years.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 09, 2016, 01:44:58 am
I don't mind that lineup but 6-8 need to have much better years.

Grichuk can be more consistent, I believe. Wong seems more hit or miss.

If we can move Jhonny and upgrade either 1B or 3B and let Carp play the other infield corner, I'd feel really good.
WPS

Dropkick

December 09, 2016, 11:03:08 am #386 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:53:28 pm by Dropkick
Do Cardinals owe Cubs a draft pick for Fowler?

nm, looks like Cubs get 19th pick as compensation

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on December 09, 2016, 11:03:08 am
Do Cardinals owe Cubs a draft pick for Fowler?

nm, looks like Cubs get 19th pick as compensation

No they don't get the 19th pick. The Cardinals simply forfeit that pick. The Cubs receive a compensation pick that comes between the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Dropkick

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 09, 2016, 06:08:58 pm
No they don't get the 19th pick. The Cardinals simply forfeit that pick. The Cubs receive a compensation pick that comes between the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Thanks, wasn't sure how that works.

Do you like the deal?

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on December 08, 2016, 10:20:59 pm
As it stands, here's the 2017 rotation as I see it:

CF Dexter Fowler
1B Matt Carpenter
SS Diaz
RF Piscotty
C Molina
3B Perralta
LF Grichuk
2B Wong
P

I'd say the same with one exception; Diaz bats second and Carpenter third. I'd like to see one more move, however, they could start the season with that lineup and I'd be fine. I'm a little skeptical of the Fowler signing but we'll see what happens.

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on December 09, 2016, 06:28:11 pm
Thanks, wasn't sure how that works.

Do you like the deal?

I'm a bit skeptical, but I'm smart enough to know what I don't know. That would be pretty much everything about running an MLB franchise.  :) I don't think it's horrible, of course I'd like a bigger impact move, but the Cardinals don't have the pieces for that type of deal. I'll let it play out before I judge it.

Dropkick

Cards lose top two picks in '17 and must pay Astros 2 million for data theft.

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on January 30, 2017, 01:44:28 pm
Cards lose top two picks in '17 and must pay Astros 2 million for data theft.

Everyone not a Cardinals fan will say it's not enough. Every Cardinals fan will say it's too much. I'm taking the Goldilocks position.

McKdaddy

I felt they got off a bit lighter than I feared. Glad it is over.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Dropkick

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 30, 2017, 09:51:22 pm
I felt they got off a bit lighter than I feared. Glad it is over.
Probably pretty fair. The money is less than I would have guessed but the 2 picks is pretty tough.

hoghappy

I thought that draft picks would be forfeited instead of given to the Astro's. But the punishment was fair.

pigture perfect

By watching some of the interviews, I think upper management is just glad this is over. I agree.

jrulz83

Dropkick

jrulz83

Quote from: Dropkick on February 02, 2017, 10:31:19 am
Agree, if he stays healthy this is a very good deal for STL.

Always a big if.