Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you think the rest of the season is going to play out??

Started by swinesation, February 16, 2017, 03:15:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you think the rest of the season's gonna play out??

5-0 baby!
10 (8.2%)
4-1, only loss at Florida
45 (36.9%)
3-2, lose at Auburn & Florida, win all home games
38 (31.1%)
3-2, win next three, lose last two
10 (8.2%)
2-3
19 (15.6%)
1-4
0 (0%)
0-5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 121

swinesation

I'm gonna be optimistic and vote 3-2, winning all our home games. But if I'm being honest, deep down inside I fear we're going to lose 3 or 4 of our next five games.

We ABSOLUTELY have to win our next two games, because it's gonna be very difficult to win one of the last three games. The success of the season could be determined by the last game of the season!

jgphillips3

I'm going to believe we have finally found ourselves and vote 4-1.  3-2 is more likely.  However, with this team, winning all or losing all is almost equally probable so who knows.  I just know they finally backed off the token pressure, played solid half court defense and seemed to find some identity.  Since we are better than all but Florida on paper, I'm optimistically hoping we win those we should, lose the one we should.  If we do, 23-8 should have us dancing regardless of SEC tourney play.

bosshog84

Why does everyone assume we are going to lose to Georgia? They are not world beaters. Not even a tournament team. I voted 4-1.

Atlhogfan1

We've done this thread a few times.  Maybe we will get some accuracy if asked right before the UGa game.  At least a 50% chance.

We do well vs the more offensively challenged.

5 teams in the SEC get a higher % of pts from FT's than we do and 4 are still on the schedule (A&M is way down at 300th in college bask)

OM is okay offensively.  Better than SC and Bama.  Not a great 3pt shooting team.  Defensively not good.  Guessing a 90-80 or so Hog win.

A&M W

AU - another team who can score.  And Pearl ball mucks it up so much they are #1 in college basketball in FTA's per game.  If guessing, which with the coaster it is very much a guess, this may be a L.

Fl - too much offense - guessing L

UGa - last game of regular season for our recent teams have been awful - lost to opponents missing key players last 2 seasons and had the blowout loss to Bama in 14.  Nothing great about UGa offensively.  They don't shoot well from 3:  32% which ranks 295th.  Guessing they won't be able to keep up with our scoring options.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

swinesation

Quote from: bosshog84 on February 16, 2017, 03:30:28 pm
Why does everyone assume we are going to lose to Georgia? They are not world beaters. Not even a tournament team. I voted 4-1.

Actually, only 3 of the 16 who have voted thus far think we're going to lose to Georgia.

revolution

Hawg Red

I think Ole Miss is as dangerous of a game as we have left on our schedule. If we go 3-2, I think Ole Miss and at Florida are the losses. Those are the games I am preparing myself for. Andy Kennedy is 5-3 in BWA and they have some athletes and a big man that could give us trouble. They're an offensive-minded team and we struggle with teams like that.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 16, 2017, 03:48:34 pm
I think Ole Miss is as dangerous of a game as we have left on our schedule. If we go 3-2, I think Ole Miss and at Florida are the losses. Those are the games I am preparing myself for. Andy Kennedy is 5-3 in BWA and they have some athletes and a big man that could give us trouble. They're an offensive-minded team and we struggle with teams like that.

Yup.. They damn sure better be ready to lace em up on Saturday, gonna be a tough one. We can and should win, but we better play well.

Dominicanhog

I said before LSU that they would go 2-5.. sticking with it... ;D

ShadowHawg

ShadowHawg

Everyone of our next 5 games could be a loss. We will have to play well in each of them to win.

I won't feel good about anything until I hear our name on Selection Sunday.

lynbug

Win next three, then lose last two.  This was my choice simply because we have had a trend of kinda fading down the stretch.  I won't believe this year will be different until I see it happen.  But sure am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

bvillepig

What worries me is I think Bama has the easier road. I think they win out. We could possibly lose 2.

If we utilize our talent to its best, we might go 3-2 and I voted that.  Recent History indicates I am dead wrong and we are looking at 2-3 or worse.  I hope its Rainbow Stew and Silver Spoons.

Hoggish1

Don't want to think about it because when I do, it's always a disappointment.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

I think the hogs lose a game we shouldn't but also they beat UF so it cancels out. My guess is @auburn then a bounce back win over UF.

4-1

Biggus Piggus

Worst outside shooting teams remaining on our schedule are, in order of badness, Ole Miss, aTm, Georgia.

Florida and Auburn are very good outside shooting teams. They are probably the biggest challenge because of that factor.

But I'm wary of Ole Miss's combo of G Deandre Burnett, G Terence Davis, and F Sebastian Saiz. Burnett is a quick point guard who gets fouled a lot and shoots 90% at the line. Davis is a good scorer. Those two take a lot of the Rebs' shots. Saiz is a good inside scorer, strong rebounder, good shotblocker.

Plus they have G Cullen Neal who makes 41% from outside, and Rasheed Brooks hits 38%.

[CENSORED]!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 16, 2017, 04:54:40 pm
Everyone of our next 5 games could be a loss. We will have to play well in each of them to win.

I won't feel good about anything until I hear our name on Selection Sunday.
Every one of our  next 5 games could be a win!   WPS!!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hoggish1

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 16, 2017, 09:06:13 pm
Auburn scares me....I don't know why but they do

Same. Side note: People underestimate the coaching staff in the middle-of-the-road SEC; Pearl, Howland, Avery Johnson. Point being, these are coaches who, figuratively, can pull rabbits out of their hat.

ronmahony

I am calling 4-1 if we beat Ol Miss. course if Florida could lose another player or two who knows? I think we have a good shot of winning out if we play like we did last night.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Letsroll1200

The biggest game on the schedule is Ole Miss!! Texas A&M is without their best perimeter player DJ Hogg and it's a midweek game. We have to win those two games first.

Pork Twain

As frustrating as it is, I could see us either winning out or just as easily finishing 2-3.  When this team is clicking they are hard to beat, when they are not, they get blown out by Vandy at home
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RacinRazorback

It depends on which RAZORBACK team shows up! We can look like a team that can play with anyone then turn into a team that can't beat some of the worse teams, Mizzoury in particular! Never seen a Jeckyl and Hyde team like this!

gmarv

i have us going 4-1 have no idea how or who we lose that one to ????

Hawg Red

We really need to win the home games. I think we've done good work on the road. I don't think a loss to Florida and Auburn hurts us much. Win the home games and we're at 22 wins going into the SEC tournament with a league record of 11-7. That's very bubbly but I think we're likely in. I think we're definitely in if we win out at home and get one more road win. We're a lock if that one road win is Florida.

I am very concerned about this game tomorrow based on previous performance by Andy Kennedy teams in Bud Walton. They have some matchups that could go in their favor as well. This will be a big win if we can get it.

Rome26

4-1 or 3-2 with a road win vs Florida = lock for the tourney

JayBell

I gave up trying to guess anything after the Missouri game.  Winning at South Carolina made as much sense as anything else this team does.

swinesation

Hogville crowd is fickle. Right now not a single vote for 1-4 or 0-5. If we lose today to Ole Miss, there will suddenly be a wealth of 1-4 & 0-5 votes!