Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here To Eat My Crow . . .

Started by TeufelHog, February 15, 2017, 08:05:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

I'm all for winning every game and can accept when we lose. Even Nolan's best teams lost. That's not the point.

For me, the question is effort. It's not consistent with this team, and that's a direct reflection on coaching.

Last night's win was FANTASTIC and I'm always happy when we do and I never root for us to lose. I give MA credit for changing to the zone when he did. It worked bc SC is a horrible shooting/scoring team. Will that work against every team? Are we just better suited to the zone? Maybe. I'm cautiously optimistic to see the rest of the season now, and I'm on record as saying 3-3 was our top potential for the final 6. I hope to be proven wrong, but the evidence to date suggests we'll follow up success with abject failure against teams we should beat. I do hope I'm wrong.

As for the game, I LOVED the way SC played their man defense. They were aggressive and flashing in passing lanes. They played with great effort -- they just didn't have the horses to win down the stretch. I thought their offense ran set plays very well. They're well coached and that was obvious on the backdoor cuts and working off the screens. MA did a nice job combating that with the zone, but in the end we were shooting lights out and doing it against their pretty salty D. Kudos to the entire team.

Here's hoping it continues.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HoopS on February 16, 2017, 10:13:31 am
Really up to each of us to be happy or not.

I get it. Some want a change so bad they see the win as a setback to that end. I am not at the point of preferring losing for change over enjoying wins even if it means keeping the coach. It would take a lot to get there.

For me, life is just too short to not enjoy it when my team wins.

When the season is over, I gather the info and then get behind a movement for change if that's the call. I like to let things play out before declaring.

I remember reading right here about a couple weeks ago of a poster declaring he was off Anderson. We had satisfied him. Then we struggled and now that same poster sure doesn't even seem to be happy with the win. It's a roller coaster of emotions. I get it. I just prefer to let it play out. Support them during the season and then let's sit down and make a decision.
+1, Can't get to up with every win, can't get to down with every loss. Add up the totals at the end of every season and see where you stand. Although I will say this, the way you win or lose, who you beat or who you lose to, where you win or where you lose can have a positive affect or negative affect on the final outlook. If the good wins out way the bad losses it can look a whole lot better. If those bad losses out way the good wins it can look a whole lot worse. Depends on how you look at it. Really it's a personal choice.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2017, 08:51:04 pm
Great win tonight. Got to watch it with my newborn son in my arms. Great experience. I want more than anything to see Arkansas in the NCAA Tournament again. This is a resume builder for sure. Just need to finish strong.

That is fantastic. I remember trying not to wake up my newborn after the hunter heave.

Taking your child to razorback events is just about the best thing on the planet. She raises her arms like she's calling the hogs every time sports are on the tv.

HAM ELLIOT

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 09:57:52 am
There's always room for another hog fan. Or wannabe if that's the way you wanna look at it...

No there should not be....I am officially sick and tired of so-called wannabe fans.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Peter Porker

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 16, 2017, 12:39:08 am
And the rest which cant cheer a great win are just fair weather wannabees

You would know how to spot a fair weather fan, hypocrite.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 17, 2017, 07:17:45 am
You would know how to spot a fair weather fan, hypocrite.
Hey man be nice. Hypocrite is such a strong word... ;D :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

AWHAWG