Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here To Eat My Crow . . .

Started by TeufelHog, February 15, 2017, 08:05:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . MANY others should be joining me. 

Nice win Hogs!  Thought this was gonna' be a "curb-stomping" by the Gamecocks at their home.  BIG WIN!   :razorback: 

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 15, 2017, 08:05:24 pm

Nice win Hogs!  Thought this was gonna' be a "curb-stomping" by the Gamecocks at their home.  BIG WIN!   :razorback:
It's friggin' delicious isn't it?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Youngsta71701

No need to eat crow, yet. Still gotta lot of work to do. But thanks for being man enough to come on here and eat it. Go Hogs!! Let's finish the season strong. :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hawg Red

I'm not eating crow until they can follow it up.

Burt B.

You should bookmark this thread. You will regret.making it when we are in the same predicament nest year.

lynbug

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 15, 2017, 08:10:36 pm
I'm kinda wondering if this might be a "hot seat" victory.  If it is, let's have five more.

Next1_04

Quote from: Burt B. on February 15, 2017, 08:14:01 pm
You should bookmark this thread. You will regret.making it when we are in the same predicament nest year.

You should build a troll nest today.

BDSCT51

Here for my helping too! Very surprised.......................and pretty darn happy about it!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hogs958

I want to see this team finish strong. No more inconsistencies

TheShow

Until they show they can continue to play a full 40 mins and the staff can make adjustments to the opponent, I will reserve my excitement from the only quality win we have this season until I see that we can continue to play at a consistently high level.

Burt B.

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 15, 2017, 08:15:46 pm
You should build a troll nest today.

I don't think you understand what trolling means. My opinion that we should move on from Mike hasn't changed. My expectations are higher than hopefully making the tournament as a play in game year 6. That option is shared by many.

trphog

I'll take mine fried but I won't take a a bite until after the next game

bosshog84

This was a huge win! Cant say I'm gonna eat crow now however. I'll wait until we finish with a few more wins.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Burt B. on February 15, 2017, 08:14:01 pm
Oh, so we're already talking about next year huh?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Burt B. on February 15, 2017, 08:30:40 pm
I don't think you understand what trolling means. My opinion that we should move on from Mike hasn't changed. My expectations are higher than hopefully making the tournament as a play in game year 6. That option is shared by many.
After this win I believe we are off the bubble for now. No play in game required at the moment. Smile hater... ;D

BorderPatrol

Go find a bridge.

bp

HamSammich

They don't get excellence man and never will. It's either young kids that don't know darn in life or old people that have given up.

On the flip side I hope the hogs just caught fire in a bottle and continue.

The_Iceman

Great win tonight. Got to watch it with my newborn son in my arms. Great experience. I want more than anything to see Arkansas in the NCAA Tournament again. This is a resume builder for sure. Just need to finish strong.

Burt B.

Some of you can't understand that an opinion can be formed based on expectations and certain criteria. These opinions don't always have to be emotionally charged as in anger or being a "hater". One game doesn't flip a six year script as far as my expectations go.

Some of you can't handle differing or dissenting opinions on the matter.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2017, 08:51:04 pm
Great win tonight. Got to watch it with my newborn son in my arms. Great experience. I want more than anything to see Arkansas in the NCAA Tournament again. This is a resume builder for sure. Just need to finish strong.
That's really big of you man, for real. We still got a lot of work to do but hopefully they can win you all the way over.

Youngsta71701

February 15, 2017, 08:57:30 pm #20 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:17:48 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Coach Bielema B. on February 15, 2017, 08:55:52 pm
Some of you can't understand that an opinion can be formed based on expectations and certain criteria. These opinions don't always have to be emotionally charged as in anger or being a "hater". One game doesn't flip a six year script as far as my expectations go.

Some of you can't handle differing or dissenting opinions on the matter.
Hey man let's just enjoy this win and move on. We are all hog fans right? The past is the past can we at least let it go for one night after a BIG WIN for our tournament resume? Have you ever thought that maybe your expectations were way too high? Temper them down just a notch then you wouldn't be so upset after every loss and you would enjoy every win more.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2017, 08:51:04 pm

Congratulations. I'll there myself for the first time in early May.

HamSammich

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:57:30 pm
Hey man let's just enjoy this win and move on. We are all hog fans right?

Some are hog fans just so they can watch any crappy red uniform on screen and cheer because they are on tv.... some are hog fans that demand excellence... it's a strange dichotomy.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HamSammich on February 15, 2017, 09:00:51 pm
Some are hog fans just so they can watch any crappy red uniform on screen and cheer because they are on tv.... some are hog fans that demand excellence... it's a strange dichotomy.
Most hog fans I know enjoy a win after a win instead of still bitching about past losses that nothing can be done about. Move forward my friend, move forward.

Slater

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 15, 2017, 08:10:36 pm

Of course not, haters will continue to hate, cheer up I'm sure things will pick up for you soon.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Slater on February 15, 2017, 09:04:56 pm
Of course not, haters will continue to hate, cheer up I'm sure things will pick up for you soon.
The hog train is about to start rolling. Haters better come on board while there's still room.

Burt B.

Hey man let's just enjoy this win and move on. We are all hog fans right? The past is the past can we at least let it go for one night after a BIG WIN for out tournament resume? Have you ever though that maybe your expectations were way too high? Temper them down just a notch then you wouldn't be so upset after every loss and you would enjoy every win more.
I appreciate you passion, I really do. Just don't confuse a dissenting opinion with being upset or angry. I quit letting college atheletes determine my happiness years ago.

Haha so true.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Burt B. on February 15, 2017, 09:08:40 pm
I appreciate you passion, I really do. Just don't confuse a dissenting opinion with being upset or angry. I quit letting college atheletes determine my happiness years ago.
Same for me. I had to grow out of that. I used to get so upset after we loss but I learned how to control that. It is what it is. I enjoy every win and dislike every loss but that's as far as it goes. Now if we can make a run that might change a bit.

hogman99

This was the best overall game of the year by the players and staff. To me the keys to this were things I have begged to see. No press, decent zone defense, ball movement, shot selection and fire in the belly.

DeltaBoy

Good win
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogman99 on February 15, 2017, 09:24:52 pm
This was the best overall game of the year by the players and staff. To me the keys to this were things I have begged to see. No press, decent zone defense, ball movement, shot selection and fire in the belly.
Moses stepped up down low as well. We are a totally different team when he is controlling the paint on both ends. It also frees up our shooters when he's playing aggressive like that. Notice, not as many jumpers from him. Maybe he and Mike had a talk.

hogman99

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 09:29:02 pm
Moses stepped up down low as well. We are a totally different team when he is controlling the paint on both ends. It also frees up our shooters when he's playing aggressive like that. Notice, not as many jumpers from him. Maybe he and Mike had a talk.

Agree, when he plays his role it makes things click all around. Hopefully that will continue and there is game film to prove it to him everyday.

The Boar War

Good win.  Very surprising to pull this one out.

SRV

Nice job guys. Hopefully we can stay hot and shock some people.

Woo pig!
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

HoopS

May as well try to enjoy the good times. To still act sullied up is sad.

I won't lose a wink of sleep over the pouting though.

We just went on the road and got a top 25 win that'll look real good to the committee. Pout on that.

HognitiveDissonance

No need yet, this team is so unpredictable.
As someone said the other night, it would be just like them to win at S Car and lose to Ole Miss at home.

3kgthog

Not gonna chug that Koolaid just yet, but I will give them a CK atta boy. This game is all myself and the critics have been asking for. Show effort and a clear gameplan without going full retard with the subs and dumb defensive choices.

tusksincolorado

Not good enough....give up your Hawg Card until next season....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 09:06:23 pm
The hog train is about to start rolling. Haters better come on board while there's still room.

Should be no room....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 15, 2017, 08:58:47 pm
Congratulations. I'll there myself for the first time in early May.
Thats funny. My first was on Cinco de Mayo.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 09:19:24 pm
Same for me. I had to grow out of that. I used to get so upset after we loss but I learned how to control that. It is what it is. I enjoy every win and dislike every loss but that's as far as it goes. Now if we can make a run that might change a bit.

Yep the year Portia and them lost too Florida by 1 on the road .. I literally through the remote through my.tv... Almost cosy me a divorce lol so now if we get beat I calmly change the channel avoid hogville and sports center the rest of the night and think about other things lol

cosmodrum

Not convinced on Mike but I thought he was great tonight. I'm here to say I thought we'd get murdered tonight. So glad I was wrong. Still have work to do, but if we can get in the NCAAT,  We have a knack of playing well away from BWA.
Go away, batin'

Jonteviosk

Yet where are they hiding? Surprised you had the guts to come out
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Jonteviosk

And the rest which cant cheer a great win are just fair weather wannabees
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 16, 2017, 12:39:08 am
And the rest which cant cheer a great win are just fair weather wannabees

keep it up dude.. you're right on target...  :razorback:

Athog

Hey man let's just enjoy this win and move on. We are all hog fans right? The past is the past can we at least let it go for one night after a BIG WIN for our tournament resume? Have you ever thought that maybe your expectations were way too high? Temper them down just a notch then you wouldn't be so upset after every loss and you would enjoy every win more.

Spot on!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: tusksincolorado on February 15, 2017, 11:33:10 pm
Should be no room....
There's always room for another hog fan. Or wannabe if that's the way you wanna look at it...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 16, 2017, 12:19:56 am
Yep the year Portia and them lost too Florida by 1 on the road .. I literally through the remote through my.tv... Almost cosy me a divorce lol so now if we get beat I calmly change the channel avoid hogville and sports center the rest of the night and think about other things lol
+1, No doubt that helps. I look at my lovely wife and say, life is still good. ;D

Youngsta71701

Some of us hog fans live in reality some of us don't. It's up to you to separate the two. Guess which one you are... ;)

HoopS

Really up to each of us to be happy or not.

I get it. Some want a change so bad they see the win as a setback to that end. I am not at the point of preferring losing for change over enjoying wins even if it means keeping the coach. It would take a lot to get there.

For me, life is just too short to not enjoy it when my team wins.

When the season is over, I gather the info and then get behind a movement for change if that's the call. I like to let things play out before declaring.

I remember reading right here about a couple weeks ago of a poster declaring he was off Anderson. We had satisfied him. Then we struggled and now that same poster sure doesn't even seem to be happy with the win. It's a roller coaster of emotions. I get it. I just prefer to let it play out. Support them during the season and then let's sit down and make a decision.