Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How About We Give Mike A Little Bit Of Credit...

Started by Youngsta71701, February 11, 2017, 09:55:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 11:59:31 am
It's you that doesn't get it. Everyone knows you have to show up for the game and try to win. But Missouri is terrible, man. Seriously. They are still terrible. Good teams beat terrible teams. When they don't, they are criticized. What do you not understand about that? It's getting a little annoying to hear you constantly trying to prop this win over a terrible LSU team up because we blew two games we should have won as if that makes it any better. I wonder if you realize that all you're doing is downgrading Arkansas by repeatedly saying that they haven't won games they were supposed to against bad teams (Vandy isn't terrible but they beat us by 20 without their leading scorer).
Question: When have I propped up this win? I just said he clearly made changes in the lineup and the defensive scheme in the second half. You might wanna read the OP before commenting. And don't forget Missouri just beat that same not so terrible Vandy team that beat us at home. And they beat them by 20 or something like that. That let's you know right there that anybody can be beat at anytime. No one is exempt. Thanks and have a nice day. ;D
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

maxhog5

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 13, 2017, 12:08:18 pm
EVERY team loses head scratchers. Every team.

No way Tenn should have beat UK. Same for Vandy at Florida. South Carolina bombed at home against a very AVERAGE to below average Bama team.

So can we quit acting like it is something unique to our team. I agree that we shouldn't be happy about losing to those teams, but fans that can't get happy over any win by their team are questionable to me.

Happens once.  Not again and again.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 12:05:33 pm
That link predicts that the Hogs will finish 3-3 down the stretch, which would make their last 10 games 5-5.

Also would mean 21-10, 10-8 SEC.

In 2014, our regular-season record was 21-10, 10-8 SEC. Then we lost to South Carolina in the first round of the SECT. Missed the Dance, went to the NIT.
True, but I think we beat Auburn and it wouldn't surprise me if we stole one from South Carolina at their place if we play the same defense we played in the second half against LSU.

maxhog5

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 11:45:56 am
We continue to underestimate just how hard it is to win a college basketball game against teams with just as much talent as you or just as many D1 players as you. SMH...I guess if you haven't played you don't know. It's not a walk in the park people. You can't just show up and think your going to win a college basketball game.

His job is to do the hard, to win those games.  That is why he is being paid over $2 million.  To do his job which is hard.  He is failing.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 11:59:31 am
It's you that doesn't get it. Everyone knows you have to show up for the game and try to win. But Missouri is terrible, man. Seriously. They are still terrible. Good teams beat terrible teams. When they don't, they are criticized. What do you not understand about that? It's getting a little annoying to hear you constantly trying to prop this win over a terrible LSU team up because we blew two games we should have won as if that makes it any better. I wonder if you realize that all you're doing is downgrading Arkansas by repeatedly saying that they haven't won games they were supposed to against bad teams (Vandy isn't terrible but they beat us by 20 without their leading scorer).

Vandy beat us by 13 without its leading scorer. Then the Commodores went to Missouri with their leading scorer and lost by 20.

It's all pretty crazy. Missouri went winless between Dec. 6 and our game. We beat Mizzou by 19 at our place. They had lost at home to LSU, which many people believe is the worst-coached team in the league. Then they scored 47 points in the first half against us, second-most points we'd given up all season. No, that wasn't Missouri being miraculously good. Our defense was abysmal.

Missouri went on the road after this offensive explosion against Arkansas and scored 32 in the first half at aTm, where they lost by 3. Then the Tigers had Vanderbilt in a neck-and-neck game, until outscoring the Commodores 27-8 in the last 10 minutes. Vandy let Mizzou make nine threes and dominate the boards. Fisher-Davis didn't do much coming off the bench.

Vandy was 6-28 from 3-pt range at Missouri, 12-23 at Arkansas.  Vandy had eight fouls against the Hogs, 21 at Mizzou.

It's all wacky. How is one supposed to interpret this? We lost to two mediocre opponents because we couldn't play a lick of defense.
[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 13, 2017, 12:12:15 pm
Happens once.  Not again and again.
The only head scratcher to me was the Missouri loss. The only thing head scratching about the Vandy loss at home was the way we loss. Especially coming after the loss to Missouri. That's what made that game so hard to swallow. But don't forget that same Vandy team beat Florida at Florida also.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 13, 2017, 12:08:18 pm
EVERY team loses head scratchers. Every team.

No way Tenn should have beat UK. Same for Vandy at Florida. South Carolina bombed at home against a very AVERAGE to below average Bama team.

So can we quit acting like it is something unique to our team. I agree that we shouldn't be happy about losing to those teams, but fans that can't get happy over any win by their team are questionable to me.

How happy do you want people to be? Honestly. What does a win over a terrible LSU team do for anyone after the turds we laid vs Missouri and Vanderbilt? And don't forget the awful loss to Mississippi State either. So that's 3 "head-scratchers." 3 bad losses and no strong wins. What do you want from people? The Hogs were supposed to win this game and they did. Bravo. But it doesn't do much to make people feel better after the two games before it.

South Carolina losing to Alabama doesn't compare to Arkansas losing to Missouri or Mississippi State. Stop it. Tennessee is much better than the teams we've lost to as well. Sure, that's a bad loss for Kentucky but UT is still an RPI top 50 team right now. Again, no comparison. You can't compare us to losing to teams with RPIs of 124 and 243 (!!!) to top SEC teams losing games to RPI 50-75 teams. Period. It's weak. A drop a game to those schools and, yeah, I'd call it a bit of a head-scratcher. Lose to Missouri or Mississippi State or Vanderbilt minus their top scorer (and you're at home)? That's not a head-scratcher. That's pathetic.

maxhog5

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:16:34 pm
The only head scratcher to me was the Missouri loss. The only thing head scratching about the Vandy loss at home was the way we loss. Especially coming after the loss to Missouri. That's what made that game so hard to swallow. But don't forget that same Vandy team beat Florida at Florida also.

Getting blown out at Oklahoma State is unacceptable.  The way the Razorbacks played against A&M and the first Vandy game was unacceptable when added to the other games.  Keep making excuses because that is all they are. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 13, 2017, 12:14:36 pm
His job is to do the hard, to win those games.  That is why he is being paid over $2 million.  To do his job which is hard.  He is failing.
So Kentucky shouldn't have loss to Tennessee because Coach Cal makes 8.0 million dollars a year? Coach K at Duke makes 9.8 million a year so he should never lose a game, right? If you look at it from that point of view we're getting a discount.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+much+money+does+coach+calipari+make
Under the new contract, Calipari will make up to $8.0 million annually (not including bonuses), which further cements his status as one of the most highly compensated college basketball coaches in the country. Mike Krzyzewski, coach of the Duke University team, leads the NCAA at an annual salary of $9.8 million.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:16:34 pm

Not sure which was worse. Both horrible.

Missouri has a thing for Arkansas. Extra motivation. The Tigers also had gotten their asses stretched by Florida on the road, just two days before. Their coach called them out bigtime. Challenged their manhood. They scored 47 in the first half on us. Kentucky didn't even do that.

After we had been embarrassed on the road by the league's worst team, the Hogs were absolutely lifeless in the first half against Vanderbilt, which was playing without its best player and only go-to scorer. They scored at will and thoroughly controlled the rebounds on both ends. Our effort was stunningly weak. Let them make their first nine threes. And our offensive energy level was zero. We scored 18 points in the first [CENSORED] half. EIGHTEEN POINTS.
[CENSORED]!

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:21:27 pm
So Kentucky shouldn't have loss to Tennessee because Coach Cal makes 8.0 million dollars a year? Coach K at Duke makes 9.8 million a year so he should never lose a game, right? If you look at it from that point of view we're getting a discount.

Under the new contract, Calipari will make up to $8.0 million annually (not including bonuses), which further cements his status as one of the most highly compensated college basketball coaches in the country. Mike Krzyzewski, coach of the Duke University team, leads the NCAA at an annual salary of $9.8 million.

Tennessee is not in the same stratosphere as losing to Missouri.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 12:17:34 pm
How happy do you want people to be? Honestly. What does a win over a terrible LSU team do for anyone after the turds we laid vs Missouri and Vanderbilt? And don't forget the awful loss to Mississippi State either. So that's 3 "head-scratchers." 3 bad losses and no strong wins. What do you want from people? The Hogs were supposed to win this game and they did. Bravo. But it doesn't do much to make people feel better after the two games before it.

South Carolina losing to Alabama doesn't compare to Arkansas losing to Missouri or Mississippi State. Stop it. Tennessee is much better than the teams we've lost to as well. Sure, that's a bad loss for Kentucky but UT is still an RPI top 50 team right now. Again, no comparison. You can't compare us to losing to teams with RPIs of 124 and 243 (!!!) to top SEC teams losing games to RPI 50-75 teams. Period. It's weak. A drop a game to those schools and, yeah, I'd call it a bit of a head-scratcher. Lose to Missouri or Mississippi State or Vanderbilt minus their top scorer (and you're at home)? That's not a head-scratcher. That's pathetic.
1. Can we all agree that Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are not bad teams.
2. The RPI doesn't really say how good or bad a team is. It just says how good or bad a team is compared to the schedule they have played.

maxhog5

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:21:27 pm

This is as stupid an argument as ever has been made.   These coaches do not only the hard, but the impossible.  They win conference title after conference title.   Go to final four after final four.  Win national championships.  They get paid to do the impossible and do it.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 12:22:42 pm
Not sure which was worse. Both horrible.

Missouri has a thing for Arkansas. Extra motivation. The Tigers also had gotten their asses stretched by Florida on the road, just two days before. Their coach called them out bigtime. Challenged their manhood. They scored 47 in the first half on us. Kentucky didn't even do that.

After we had been embarrassed on the road by the league's worst team, the Hogs were absolutely lifeless in the first half against Vanderbilt, which was playing without its best player and only go-to scorer. They scored at will and thoroughly controlled the rebounds on both ends. Our effort was stunningly weak. Let them make their first nine threes. And our offensive energy level was zero. We scored 18 points in the first [CENSORED] half. EIGHTEEN POINTS.
This is why the Vanderbilt loss was so crazy to me! Still don't understand it. Probably never will.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:10:56 pm
Question: When have I propped up this win? I just said he clearly made changes in the lineup and the defensive scheme in the second half. You might wanna read the OP before commenting. And don't forget Missouri just beat that same not so terrible Vandy team that beat us at home. And they beat them by 20 or something like that. That let's you know right there that anybody can be beat at anytime. No one is exempt. Thanks and have a nice day. ;D

I am interpreting your instance that any ** team can beat any good team as a way of giving the Hogs credit for beating a terrible LSU team. I've seen you post multiple times about this in multiple threads. You've used letdowns vs Missouri and Vanderbilt as a reason why no game is a guarantee. Well, no sh-t. There is no bar with you. You've laid it down on the ground.

HF#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 11, 2017, 11:19:44 pm
That is still where I am.

NCAA Tournament = good season.

No NCAA Tournament = wasted season.

Same here.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:26:40 pm
This is why the Vanderbilt loss was so crazy to me! Still don't understand it. Probably never will.

What don't you understand about a team with suspect effort and suspect coaching that plays almost no defense most games?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 13, 2017, 12:25:10 pm
This is as stupid an argument as ever has been made.   These coaches do not only the hard, but the impossible.  They win conference title after conference title.   Go to final four after final four.  Win national championships.  They get paid to do the impossible and do it.
Your the one that brought up the money argument. Which is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. Like I said if you want to bring the contract into this we're getting a discount. He makes 2.2 million a year so he should never lose to Missouri Or he should never lose a game we're favored to win. Makes sense to me too. Carry on then...

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:24:58 pm
2. The RPI doesn't really say how good or bad a team is. It just says how good or bad a team is compared to the schedule they have played.

1. No. Mississippi State is 14-10 with their best win being Tennessee. They aren't all that good. Vanderbilt, without their leading scorer, should be ripe for the picking. But, with him, they are 11-13. They managed to beat Florida and Iowa State, have done little else outside of that.

2. The RPI is pretty much what it is being used to determine what is a good win vs what is a bad win. It sounds like you are trying to lay that bar down on the ground as well so you can accuse any ** team you want of really being good because it helps you out.

maxhog5

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:29:14 pm
Your the one that brought up the money argument. Which is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. Like I said if you want to bring the contract into this we're getting a discount. He makes 2.2 million a year so he should never lose to Missouri. Or he should never lose a game we're favored to win. Makes sense to me too. Carry on then...

No, the point is not the money.  You need to brush up on your reading comprehesion skills.  The point is his job is hard, it is supposed to be hard.  Saying job is hard does not excuse him from getting it done.  But all you do is deflect which is what you're doing by pointing to the money.  The money is only mentioned to bolster the statement that it is a hard job that he is supposed to be doing.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 12:32:15 pm
1. No. Mississippi State is 14-10 with their best win being Tennessee. They aren't all that good. Vanderbilt, without their leading scorer, should be ripe for the picking. But, with him, they are 11-13. They managed to beat Florida and Iowa State, have done little else outside of that.

2. The RPI is pretty much what it is being used to determine what is a good win vs what is a bad win. It sounds like you are trying to lay that bar down on the ground as well so you can accuse any ** team you want of really being good because it helps you out.
I didn't say neither one of them are good. But neither one of them are as bad as you make them seem either. Both are average teams. That's what I'm saying. And let you tell it we're not good. Now what's the reason you think we should so easily beat them again?

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas has lost to two of the bottom three SEC teams in Pomeroy ratings, Missouri and Mississippi State. One at home.

Tennessee is the league's third-best team in Pomeroy. Kentucky losing on the road against the Vols is no shame. Arkansas's win there is its best win of the season.

Vanderbilt is the league's seventh-best team in Pomeroy, right behind Arkansas. The only shame about the Razorbacks' performance at home against Vandy = they were shorthanded + we were lifeless. That was not an "all hands on deck" performance. The fact that it came right after Mizzou is incomprehensible. We were supposed to be fighting for our lives. Couldn't even get enough stops when they were really tired.

Alabama is one of the best defensive teams in college hoop, and South Carolina is one of the worst offensive teams in the league. As is Bama. They're evenly matched because of that. Went four overtimes, for crying out loud. Gamecocks had three players go 54-56 minutes, 8-10 minutes more than anyone for Bama played. Had three starters foul out.

Arkansas has three conference home losses this season. That's as many as the Hogs had last year. And we were a .500 team last year.

Florida has one SEC home loss, the game against Vanderbilt. They had lost a tough game at South Carolina right before that. Matthew Fisher-Davis hit 'em for 19. 'Dores made 10 threes and outscored the Gators 12-6 at the line. Devin Robinson fouled out for Florida. Not their best game.

But they didn't trail 39-15 in the first half, either, like the Hogs did against a depleted Vandy.

I really believe that the paltry home crowds have become a drain on our team's morale.
[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 12:40:32 pm
Arkansas has lost to two of the bottom three SEC teams in Pomeroy ratings, Missouri and Mississippi State. One at home.

Tennessee is the league's third-best team in Pomeroy. Kentucky losing on the road against the Vols is no shame. Arkansas's win there is its best win of the season.

Vanderbilt is the league's seventh-best team in Pomeroy, right behind Arkansas. The only shame about the Razorbacks' performance at home against Vandy = they were shorthanded + we were lifeless. That was not an "all hands on deck" performance. The fact that it came right after Mizzou is incomprehensible. We were supposed to be fighting for our lives. Couldn't even get enough stops when they were really tired.

Alabama is one of the best defensive teams in college hoop, and South Carolina is one of the worst offensive teams in the league. As is Bama. They're evenly matched because of that. Went four overtimes, for crying out loud. Gamecocks had three players go 54-56 minutes, 8-10 minutes more than anyone for Bama played. Had three starters foul out.

Arkansas has three conference home losses this season. That's as many as the Hogs had last year. And we were a .500 team last year.

Florida has one SEC home loss, the game against Vanderbilt. They had lost a tough game at South Carolina right before that. Matthew Fisher-Davis hit 'em for 19. 'Dores made 10 threes and outscored the Gators 12-6 at the line. Devin Robinson fouled out for Florida. Not their best game.

But they didn't trail 39-15 in the first half, either, like the Hogs did against a depleted Vandy.

I really believe that the paltry home crowds have become a drain on our team's morale.
The crazy thing about this is the fact that we're 4-2 on the road in the SEC this year and 3-3 at home. Go figure... :-\. It's been a crazy year for most teams in the SEC this year not just Arkansas.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:36:01 pm
I didn't say neither one of them are good. But neither one of them are as bad as you make them seem either. Both are average teams. That's what I'm saying. And let you tell it we're not good. Now what's the reason you think we should so easily beat them again?

Mississippi State is not an average SEC team. And, you're damn right I think we should easily beat Vanderbilt at home without their best scorer. So should you. But the difference between you and I is that you have no standards. You think bad teams are average. We won't agree on this.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:51:08 pm
The crazy thing about this is the fact that we're 4-2 on the road in the SEC this year and 3-3 at home. Go figure... :-\. It's been a crazy year for most teams in the SEC this year not just Arkansas.

The SEC's home winning % in conference play is 51%, barely over .500, 28th out of 32 conferences.

Excluding BWA, the rest of the league is 49% at home.
[CENSORED]!

3of5-2

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 10:36:10 am
Wow, I didn't know we were allowed to play someone else's schedule. That's a new one on me. Well anyways, to respond to your request I'll let some of the college basketball experts answer your request. I'm not one of these experts so I don't know anything about college basketball. Here you go. Enjoy... ;D

Note: The ($)dollar signs mean quality wins.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_353_Men.html
Seriously? That's it? They gave us 3 $ signs for those powerhouses? What a crock.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:13:03 pm
True, but I think we beat Auburn and it wouldn't surprise me if we stole one from South Carolina at their place if we play the same defense we played in the second half against LSU.

Also would not surprise me to see them lose to old misses and/or GA.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 12:59:22 pm
Mississippi State is not an average SEC team. And, you're damn right I think we should easily beat Vanderbilt at home without their best scorer. So should you. But the difference between you and I is that you have no standards. You think bad teams are average. We won't agree on this.
I thought we should have beaten both of them. But to call them both bad teams show how much you really know about basketball. Both teams are right in the middle of the SEC. Pretty close to average.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 01:06:41 pm
The SEC's home winning % in conference play is 51%, barely over .500, 28th out of 32 conferences.

Excluding BWA, the rest of the league is 49% at home.
Crazy huh...Have you ever seen a year like this?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on February 13, 2017, 01:59:48 pm
Also would not surprise me to see them lose to old misses and/or GA.
Me neither. You never know which team is going to show up.

20gauge

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:41:47 pm
I thought we should have beaten both of them. But to call them both bad teams show how much you really know about basketball.
Would hate to see what you consider a bad team. Its true that crap happens and teams lose. Neither of those teams should have beaten us and it proves how much closer we are to being below average than being average (which some folks think is just fine).  But its more to the fact that those are two wins we NEEDED for some cushion going in to this last part of the schedule.

There is no if we go 4-2 we must go 4-2 or better to get in or win the SECT. 3-3 and below isn't going to cut it.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 20gauge on February 13, 2017, 03:57:06 pm
Would hate to see what you consider a bad team. Its true that crap happens and teams lose. Neither of those teams should have beaten us and it proves how much closer we are to being below average than being average (which some folks think is just fine).  But its more to the fact that those are two wins we NEEDED for some cushion going in to this last part of the schedule.

There is no if we go 4-2 we must go 4-2 or better to get in or win the SECT. 3-3 and below isn't going to cut it.
They are both 5-7 in the SEC. That's more toward the average side than the bad side. Not trying to call them world beaters either. Just don't think they're bad. Or as bad as some are trying to make them seem. The simple fact they beat us at home is the only reason people are exaggerating so much when it comes to those two teams. Exaggeration has become a huge part of society these days when it comes to trying to get a point across. I can be guilty at times myself.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:42:49 pm
Crazy huh...Have you ever seen a year like this?

As much as I dislike the officiating (such as the Vandy game last week), it is hard to deny how the SEC has toned down the home court advantages. That was the league's worst feature in past seasons.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 04:05:52 pm
They are both 5-7 in the SEC. That's more toward the average side than the bad side. Not trying to call them world beaters either. Just don't think they're bad. Or as bad as some are trying to make them seem. The simple fact they beat us at home is the only reason people are exaggerating so much when it comes to those two teams. Exaggeration has become a huge part of society these days when it comes to trying to get a point across. I can be guilty at times myself.

Pomeroy rankings put Mississippi State 95th in the country and 12th in the SEC. Projects that the Bulldogs will finish 7-11 in the league.
[CENSORED]!

dsims2k3

I agree. The decrease of home cooking coming from the refs is 2 edge sword. Home wins are no longer a  given which ticks fans off, but roads wins have helped the  best interest of the  conference.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 04:09:09 pm
Pomeroy rankings put Mississippi State 95th in the country and 12th in the SEC. Projects that the Bulldogs will finish 7-11 in the league.
Not great. But they won't be bottom dwellers either. Looks like that will go to either LSU or Missouri. That Missouri loss was horrible to me rather it was at home or on the road. They are not a good team. Better than some think. But not even average. I actually think LSU has more talent than them.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 04:07:04 pm
As much as I dislike the officiating (such as the Vandy game last week), it is hard to deny how the SEC has toned down the home court advantages. That was the league's worst feature in past seasons.
It hasn't changed much in the other conferences. Some of the home cooking I've seen in some of the other conference games is ridiculous.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:41:47 pm
I thought we should have beaten both of them. But to call them both bad teams show how much you really know about basketball. Both teams are right in the middle of the SEC. Pretty close to average.

The SEC is not a good basketball conference. So to be in the middle of the SEC means those teams are at the bottom of the ACC and Big 12, maybe even the Big 10 or Pac-12 as well.

You want to accuse me of a lack of knowledge about basketball, but you don't see him to have a firm grasp on what quality of team a "middle" SEC team is in the grand scheme of things.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 04:15:45 pm
Not great. But they won't be bottom dwellers either. Looks like that will go to either LSU or Missouri. That Missouri loss was horrible to me rather it was at home or on the road. They are not a good team. Better than some think. But not even average. I actually think LSU has more talent than them.
I agree.
LSU has had  more talent than 75% of the league.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 04:15:45 pm

So instead of a turd with corn in it, it's a turd with peanuts in it. Either way, you're still talking about turds, man.

Hogs958

credit is earned, and he hasn't earned it. It's been 6 years of mediocrity.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 13, 2017, 08:05:40 pm
credit is earned, and he hasn't earned it. It's been 6 years of mediocrity.
EveryOne but UK and Florida has been  if that's  the  case. Fire Everyone but Cal and Mike White.

HogBreath

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:24:58 pm

Somebody, ,maybe it was DSims, said that Miss. State was really, really good..like elite 8 maybe good after they derailed the fast 40.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

dsims2k3

Quote from: HogBreath on February 13, 2017, 09:25:44 pm
Somebody, ,maybe it was DSims, said that Miss. State was really, really good..like elite 8 maybe good after they derailed the fast 40.
I said that they are better than their record. MSU, Ole Miss,  and LSU have a lot of of individual  talent but cannot put it together  cohesively as a unit at all times.

maxhog5

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 13, 2017, 09:20:32 pm
EveryOne but UK and Florida has been  if that's  the  case. Fire Everyone but Cal and Mike White.

Since Anderson was hired, except for Mark Fox, I believe they have.

Slater

Hate to break the hate all things Mike thread, but his name was mentioned today in regard to the likely opening at North Carolina State. Whoever says that must not be reading hogville
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Slater on February 13, 2017, 11:18:43 pm
Hate to break the hate all things Mike thread, but his name was mentioned today in regard to the likely opening at North Carolina State. Whoever says that must not be reading hogville

Don't tease us like that. 

You would have to become a Wolf Pack fan. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jonteviosk

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 13, 2017, 12:20:51 pm
Getting blown out at Oklahoma State is unacceptable.  The way the Razorbacks played against A&M and the first Vandy game was unacceptable when added to the other games.  Keep making excuses because that is all they are.

Oh yopu mean those two games we actually won? Yeah I just wanted to clarify.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 04:19:58 pm
The SEC is not a good basketball conference. So to be in the middle of the SEC means those teams are at the bottom of the ACC and Big 12, maybe even the Big 10 or Pac-12 as well.

You want to accuse me of a lack of knowledge about basketball, but you don't see him to have a firm grasp on what quality of team a "middle" SEC team is in the grand scheme of things.

Oh I am sorry you mean the 5th ranked conf that went toe to toe with the top ranked conf isn't good I'm sorry again just wanted to clarify the illogic.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

nope..why should i give him credit for an adjustment that should have been made in the first half? Or hey...maybe even watch game tape and make the adjustments before the game! this loss did not "stop the bleeding"...there is a lot of work left to do to even make it to the tourny

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 11, 2017, 09:55:56 pm
First off, man we needed this win to stop the bleeding. Second off, I think even the biggest Mike critics gotta give him a little bit of credit tonight. Two things changed this game around in the second half. And I don't know about anyone else but to me it was really noticeable.

1. He finally started the second half with the lineup that me and many others have been begging him to start the game with all year.
    G- Barford
    G- Macon
    G- Hannahs
    F- Thomas
    C- Kingsley

2. He finally played that zone that many of us have been begging him to play. I'm not sure if it was a 2-1-2 zone, a 1-3-1 zone, a 2-3 zone or some king of variation of the three but whatever kind of zone it was it worked. It kept Moses in the lane for most of the 2nd half and it took LSU out of their offense for pretty much the whole 2nd half. I think they only got a few open shots when we went to that defense.

Thank you Mike for finally making those changes. Keep that up the next game. If it ain't broke don't fix it. WooPig!! :razorback: