Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

San Antonio, TX

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, December 01, 2009, 12:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Abominable Hillbilly

I am thinking about carrying my family to San Antonio for vacation.  I went when I was about 10 or so, don't remember too much about it but hear alot of good things.  How important is it to stay on the Riverwalk district?  Is the SeaWorld there comparable to the one in Orlando?  Thanks.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

SpringTxHOG

AH,

You have to stay on the River!  SeaWorld in SATX is better than FL.  Much to do...best city in Texas.  Have a great trip.

Spring

DeltaBoy

You will love SA  great food and great weather.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

2FNFST4U

Our twins asked about going to Seaworld for their birthday next summer. Also going to the waterpark. 

We have been saving up the American Express points for the hotels.

MJ2

Riverwalk is interesting and okay.   All in all, I'd rather be in FL.

hogdiggity

The riverwalk is great, better for grownups than kids.  Seaworld is fun, especially if it isn't mid summer and hotter than h@#l.  If you want water parks, do yourself a favor and drive just a few miles to go to Schlitterbahn in New Bransfels.  SA also has a great zoo.  I love the area. 

razorbacktim2

I love south Texas. We rent a beach house once a year on South Padre... Love it.
whoever coined that term needs some sort of Hogville Medal or accolade of some kind.

b/c that's the kind of genius that makes message boards wonderful.

Thank you kingofdequeen.

DeltaBoy

We went to Sea World it was great check on here I have some pics.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

dhornjr1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 14, 2009, 02:56:51 pm
You will love SA  great food and great weather.

San Antonio is awesome. The weather is not always great though, Delta Boy. We went there four years ago this month and just about froze to death. My friend that lives there told me I would not be cold but we took that Riverwalk cruise and the wind was whipping like crazy.

Maybe it was a rarity but it was darned cold those few days.

razorbacktim2

Quote from: dhornjr1 on February 18, 2010, 07:15:39 pm
San Antonio is awesome. The weather is not always great though, Delta Boy. We went there four years ago this month and just about froze to death. My friend that lives there told me I would not be cold but we took that Riverwalk cruise and the wind was whipping like crazy.

No it gets cold there. When I lived there I was surprised how cold the winters could get. Still a great place. I lived in San Marcos , New Braunfels and a little town named Kyle just south of Austin a long time ago lol... The area has grown up a ton since then but its still a nice place.
whoever coined that term needs some sort of Hogville Medal or accolade of some kind.

b/c that's the kind of genius that makes message boards wonderful.

Thank you kingofdequeen.

Jdub

Schlitterbaun for the WIN!  We stayed in a house outside San Marcos for six bills for a week and did 2 days at Schlitterbaun and 2 days at Seaworld.

Schlittbuan way better, you can take food and water in or belly up to the bar to drink and visit.

vandybuff

My child did an internship in San Antonio a few years ago ... loved the city, the area, the people. 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: dhornjr1 on February 18, 2010, 07:15:39 pm

Yea Texas has some rare cold snaps every so often sorry you got cold on SA.

kaiserhog

I love San Antonio.   Best city in Texas.  Delta have you ever checked out the Finck Cigar Factory?  The riverwalk, restaurants are great.

dhornjr1

April 07, 2010, 04:44:19 pm #14 Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:01:45 pm by dhornjr1
Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 05, 2010, 12:26:02 pm

Yea Texas has some rare cold snaps every so often sorry you got cold on SA.

We still had a helluva time. I love to eat and we ate at the Texas, Land and Cattle Steakhouse and at a great Mexican place called El Taco Tote.

That cowboy cut ribeye with the chipotle butter at Texas, Land and Cattle was one of the best cuts of beef I have ever had. And the authentic Mexican food at El Taco Tote was unbelieveably good. Best guacamole I've ever had.

TexHog188

Check out the LaCantera resort.  It's a short golf cart ride to Six Flags, and not that far from Sea World.  The river walk area is nice, but once you see it, you've seen it.  Alamo is way overrated, but stop there anyway.  Look out for the kooky protesters, as this is a common spot for such activities.  Love visiting San Antonio.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

DeltaBoy

We stayed at the Radisson River Center downtown and this was the Dec after 9/11 and SA was a ghost town as far as the tourist traps went.   We went back a couple years ago and stayed at Sea World and that was nice because you didn't have to drive you could walk into the park.