Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carnival Conquest

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, March 07, 2009, 06:58:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Abominable Hillbilly

Has anyone ever taking the Carnival Conquest cruise out of Galveston, TX.  Would like to know what you thought of it.  I am thinking about taking my wife on a cruise.  What is the best one for the money  out of Galveston, New Orleans, or Mobile?  We are in our early 30's if that means anything.  Thanks.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

bellavistamike

I have not sailed on the Conquest before but we are booked for the Sept. 6 sailing. Friends have recommended the ship/cruise. We've been on five-days outta both New Orleans and Galveston. The NO ship was nicer/bigger but we have had good times on both. This will be our fifth cruise on Carnival and we've always had a great time. We like spending a couple days in Galveston before the boat sails. It is a great place to relax. You might find NO a bit more fun buy we're 20-plus years older then you and we like a quiet walk along the sea wall to a stroll down Bourbon Street...

bellavistamike

Oh, check out fares at vacationstogo.com and then book through a travel agent. Walking in with a price is a good way to keep the cost for booking down. And ask for upgrades...

Lanny

I was on the Conquest out of New Orleans a few months before Katrina.  Large ship,had a great time
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Junkyard Hog

I also was on the Conquest out of NO.  It was ok, but I'm not a big fan of cruises.  When it gets hot, I want to get in the water and the pools are covered up with kids pissing in them.

Canyonero

We went on the Conquest in Sept. 07, will stops in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.  Montegeo Bay was our least favorite, we spent the day at a resort: free drinks, a meal, private beach w/ snorkel gear, paddle boats etc. for around $40 a person.  We had plans to go on a tour of the island but because of a hurricane some of the roads weren't in great shape. Grand Cayman was awesome, I recommend Captain Marvin for the stingray/snorkel trip.  You can go through Carnival but it's almost twice as much with tons of people, we had a group of 14 w/ 3 guides.  Cozumel is Cozumel.
Also the conquest is offering different destinations now to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau.

http://www.captainmarvins.com/ in Cayman Islands
http://www.barrettadventures.com/ our original plans in Montego Bay

Canyonero

SteveInArk

Just got back a few weeks ago from a 7-day cruise out of Galveston on the Conquest.  That is one, nice ship.   We took the Fantasy out of New Orleans last year, and really enjoyed it.  But the Conquest is bigger and nicer, if that is possible, IMHO....  Galveston was easy to sail out of also.  With Mexico stops cancelled, we had 4 days at sea and stops only in Montego Bay and Grand Cayman...  that worked well for my wife and I, some others wanted another day ashore somewhere... 

As we have learned, most outside rooms are nice.  But the staterooms with a balcony are "quite" nice.  We plan to always travel that way, when/if we get the chance to take cruises in the future.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown