Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Guards Thompson & Moody Visit the Hill

Started by Drew Amman, February 18, 2018, 10:17:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Drew Amman on February 18, 2018, 10:17:55 pm
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/4-star-prospects-thompson-moody-visit-the-hill/980714699

I heard that they were in town over the weekend. Great game for them to get to watch at the Bud and hopefully they were maybe able to take-in a couple of diamond hog games too. Love the recruiting effort!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

razorback1829

Quote from: Little Lady Back on February 19, 2018, 07:52:56 am
I heard that they were in town over the weekend. Great game for them to get to watch at the Bud and hopefully they were maybe able to take-in a couple of diamond hog games too. Love the recruiting effort!

Yea.. so you don't take basketball recruits to baseball games lol.. unspoken rule.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 19, 2018, 08:02:27 am
Yea.. so you don't take basketball recruits to baseball games lol.. unspoken rule.

Why?
#NolanRichardsonCourt

razorback1829

Quote from: Little Lady Back on February 19, 2018, 08:29:32 am
Why?

Maybe pregame activities, but they're typically not into baseball. They only stay for half the football games when they come.

ballinhog

I hope CMA goes all in on Thompson and Moody. I've seen a few clips on Thompson and it appears he can flat out fill it up from deep

Little Lady Back

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 19, 2018, 09:20:24 am
Maybe pregame activities, but they're typically not into baseball. They only stay for half the football games when they come.

Gotcha. Thanks!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Little Lady Back

Quote from: ballinhog on February 19, 2018, 09:33:38 am
I hope CMA goes all in on Thompson and Moody. I've seen a few clips on Thompson and it appears he can flat out fill it up from deep

Thompson and/or Moody would be a great get. I heard that Thompson's dad is friends with Mayberry. Can't hurt.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

The_Iceman

Man, the 2020 guard rotation would be stacked with these two.

ballinhog

Quote from: Little Lady Back on February 19, 2018, 09:39:09 am
Thompson and/or Moody would be a great get. I heard that Thompson's dad is friends with Mayberry. Can't hurt.

Yea he's from Tulsa so I figure we should have some good connections there. Hopefully we have the inside track on this kid. The clips I seen he seems to have range to the parking lot. Hopefully he's not a diehard OU or OSU guy

The Hogfather

Quote from: ballinhog on February 19, 2018, 09:33:38 am

Sounds like there are a few good connections there.  I just don't believe Moody will sign with the Hogs, probably just because of recent history.  Maybe the scandal will help keep highly rated guys like him in the state. 

ballinhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 09:40:12 am
Man, the 2020 guard rotation would be stacked with these two.

With these 2 plus hopefully Garland would be healthy and playing along with Joe and Phillips. We would be deadly in the backcourt. Then the Moore kid from West Memphis is a full grown man already, it's almost unlimited how good we could be

ballinhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 19, 2018, 09:42:28 am
Sounds like there are a few good connections there.  I just don't believe Moody will sign with the Hogs, probably just because of recent history.  Maybe the scandal will help keep highly rated guys like him in the state. 

I always worry about the big time in state guys just for the reason you just mentioned, recent history. Hopefully Moody is the exception

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 19, 2018, 09:42:28 am
From what I heard Moody is a Arkansas lock as long as CMA is the coach. Information came from someone who doesn't has Hog ties.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ballinhog on February 19, 2018, 09:44:25 am

With these 2 plus hopefully Garland would be healthy and playing along with Joe and Phillips. We would be deadly in the backcourt. Then the Moore kid from West Memphis is a full grown man already, it's almost unlimited how good we could be

When you said Phillips, did you mean Embery? Phillips will be a SF like Hall.

From what I've heard, the Moore kid is more of  Power Forward. I can't find much recent on him, just a few clips on twitter.

batmanfan

If MA and staff can lock down a top 50-60 kid from out of state we may be on to something here.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

ballinhog

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 19, 2018, 09:51:52 am
From what I heard Moody is a Arkansas lock as long as CMA is the coach. Information came from someone who doesn't has Hog ties.

Man I hope you're right, he would be a big time get, would probably also help in getting Thompson.

ballinhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 10:07:53 am

From what I've heard, the Moore kid is more of  Power Forward. I can't find much recent on him, just a few clips on twitter.

No I meant Phillips. Don't get me wrong that's not a slight to Embery, I'm very high on him. I just have this feeling about Phillips, I see him as like big time big time. I could be wrong, I hope not. And the other thing, I pretty much consider our 2 and 3 spot as practically the same.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ballinhog on February 19, 2018, 10:12:08 am
No I meant Phillips. Don't get me wrong that's not a slight to Embery, I'm very high on him. I just have this feeling about Phillips, I see him as like big time big time. I could be wrong, I hope not. And the other thing, I pretty much consider our 2 and 3 spot as practically the same.

I'm high on Phillips too. I just found it odd you left off our highest rated incoming guard, Keyshawn Embery.

mhuff

February 19, 2018, 10:48:54 am #19 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:18:29 pm by mhuff
Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 10:07:53 am

Not sure about PF. I have only seen him play once. Game was put away and he was pulled probably start of fourth quarter. However, it's hard to check out a player in just one game. The game before he scored 30+  I figured him for a SF.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Little Lady Back on February 19, 2018, 09:39:09 am

He also seems to have made new friends with every 2018 signee in the 2018 class via Twitter plus 2020 Moody.

Keyshawn is doing his part..

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

navyhog24

ballinhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 10:44:19 am
I'm high on Phillips too. I just found it odd you left off our highest rated incoming guard, Keyshawn Embery.

Oh, nah I didn't mean anytime negative toward Embery at all, I just personally am more excited about Phillips. But that's just going off a few YouTube clips so I could be dead wrong. I'm wrong a lot lol I just like Phillips skill at that size. I see him as a potential starter next year, that's if we go small ball with Hall at the 4, which is not likely anyway. Just me day dreaming

Hawg Red

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 19, 2018, 09:51:52 am

He's a Hog, then.

Hawg Red

Quote from: mhuff on February 19, 2018, 10:48:54 am
Not sure about PF. I have only seen him play once. Game was put away and he was pulled probably start of fourth quarter. However, it's hard to check out a player in just one game. The game before he scored 30+  I figured him for a SF.

I think Chris Moore is a power 3. Kinda like Justise Winslow.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 19, 2018, 11:40:30 am
I think Chris Moore is a power 3. Kinda like Justise Winslow.

Which makes him a 4 in Mike Anderson's system.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 12:37:52 pm
Which makes him a 4 in Mike Anderson's system.

At the rate we're going, he'll probably be a 5 in Anderson's system.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 19, 2018, 11:08:57 am
He also seems to have made new friends with every 2018 signee in the 2018 class via Twitter plus 2020 Moody.

Keyshawn is doing his part..

That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 19, 2018, 01:03:03 pm
At the rate we're going, he'll probably be a 5 in Anderson's system.

Certainly projecting towards being a small ball team. I still think Vanover could fall into our lap if Memphis fires Tubby.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 01:29:31 pm
Certainly projecting towards being a small ball team. I still think Vanover could fall into our lap if Memphis fires Tubby.

Has Vanover improved on his athleticism??? Thought running, jumping, and stamina was a concern.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The_Iceman

Quote from: tusksincolorado on February 19, 2018, 02:01:00 pm
Has Vanover improved on his athleticism??? Thought running, jumping, and stamina was a concern.

He would do just fine in our system. I've watched some videos of him at Findlay and he looks more sturdy than he was a few years back.

At 7'3" and a Sweet shooting stroke, he could play high post for us, have Chaney at low block, and let our guards play off the back cuts.

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 02:19:41 pm
He would do just fine in our system. I've watched some videos of him at Findlay and he looks more sturdy than he was a few years back.

At 7'3" and a Sweet shooting stroke, he could play high post for us, have Chaney at low block, and let our guards play off the back cuts.
And get absolutely killed on defense!  He can't switch, move lateral and lacks the strength to hold position. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 19, 2018, 02:24:57 pm
And get absolutely killed on defense!  He can't switch, move lateral and lacks the strength to hold position. 

We would have to go to matchup zone with him in. He'd fit best off the bench for us at 10-15 minutes a game. His height and shooting ability are hard to pass up, especially with us in need of more height.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 02:43:53 pm
We would have to go to matchup zone with him in. He'd fit best off the bench for us at 10-15 minutes a game. His height and shooting ability are hard to pass up, especially with us in need of more height.

Tubby won't be fired this year.

The_Iceman

mhuff

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 19, 2018, 11:38:46 am
He's a Hog, then.
Yeah I hope so the guy I was talking to does sports management and is involved in the AAU scene. I was surprised he knew anything about the Arkansas kids. When I told him I was a hog fan he started talking about Moody and Doakes. He said " Moody is going to Arkansas as long as Coach A is the coach"

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ballinhog on February 19, 2018, 10:12:08 am

If he's big time Big time he may not be here by then knowing our luck lol

The_Bionic_Pig

Phillips is so Offensively skilled from running the point and now pushing 6'8 he has THE HIGHEST CEILING (imo)

I can see him guarding the 1-4 (switching defense) and being quite successful.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razorback1829

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 19, 2018, 08:02:50 pm
Phillips is so Offensively skilled from running the point and now pushing 6'8 he has THE HIGHEST CEILING (imo)

I can see him guarding the 1-4 (switching defense) and being quite successful.

He's going to be a matchup nightmare. Can't wait to see him develop before our eyes.

The_Iceman

Only a sophomore. Will only get better. He, Moody, and Chris Moore would be an excellent 2020 class.

The_Iceman

Updated 247 rankings.

Man this would be a game changer for Mike and this program to land them both. Which means they are likely to both go elsewhere. Hope not though.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

311Hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 19, 2018, 11:17:04 am
Is Doakes more of a PG or another CG?

i think PG but i do not know much.  It seems like he doesn't get the mentions i really hope we land him as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8Xy4fKBIA

batmanfan

Doakes is currently at 122 via 247. No sign of Chris Moore yet.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

TheSportsGuy

Thompson has a release similar to Scotty Thurman

razorback1829

2 big time guards that we have a good shot at. Thompson has a chance to grow to 6'7, and Moody is as big time as it gets... he loves CMA by the way. We have a good shot at both.

navyhog24

Quote from: batmanfan on March 22, 2018, 11:33:41 am
Doakes is currently at 122 via 247. No sign of Chris Moore yet.

Too many guards. Will need bigs as always......

hogwood

We really do need some bigs and soon. But I would love to get these 2 no doubt.