Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3rd place!!

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 17, 2018, 05:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Florida is about to lose to Vandy I believe and we are about to be tied for 3rd place at 8-6!!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Swinesong1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 05:05:49 pm
Florida is about to lose to Vandy I believe and we are about to be tied for 3rd place at 8-6!!!
Every team ahead of Hogs has lost today.  TN game in progress. 

BannerMountainMan

Three games out of 1st, 2 out of 2nd, and tied for 3rd let's goooo
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

3of5-2

mykidsdad

RaisinHog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:11:34 pm
A-V-E-R-A-G-E

Just makeing my earlier statement more obviously true

sickboy

3of5-2

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 17, 2018, 05:15:26 pm
Stupid!
Stupid is not being able to recognize that most of the teams in the SEC have the same A-V-E-R-A-G-E record. However, not surprising coming from you though.

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 05:14:56 pm
your not even what?
Go look at the SEC teams record Barbara, and tell me which ones are not average.

Albert Einswine

Look out, Hogs are on a roll! Ride the crest.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BannerMountainMan

Then tell me what conference is not average, you got Duke and Villanova losing to St. John's, and then Duke killing other teams on other nights

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:20:51 pm
Go look at the SEC teams record Barbara, and tell me which ones are not average.

Maybe the 7 that are in the top 30 in RPI?

Do you even know what the word average means?

BrooklynRoss

What? I had to check with ESPN. We are indeed in 3rd place. Wow. Taking care of business. Great game.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:19:40 pm
Stupid is not being able to recognize that most of the teams in the SEC have the same A-V-E-R-A-G-E record. However, not surprising coming from you though.
Go kiss your boyfriends Marcus and Malik numb nuts.

Dtechman

What's your issue dude? You keep saying the SEC and all the teams are average, yet every talking head agrees the conference is greatly improved. This is not the SEC of the last few years. Do you even basketball? You should read more and post less.

mykidsdad

Quote from: Dtechman on February 17, 2018, 05:26:06 pm
What's your issue dude? You keep saying the SEC and all the teams are average, yet every talking head agrees the conference is greatly improved. This is not the SEC of the last few years. Do you even basketball? You should read more and post less.

He can feel the hate inside of him. Give in to the darkness. Use the hate 3of5-2, with it you will go stronger!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 05:23:49 pm
Maybe the 7 that are in the top 30 in RPI?

Do you even know what the word average means?
I think he means that if you take all the SEC teams' records and divide them by the total number of games played, you will come up with .500 - AKA A-V-E-R-A-G-E

(I think...)

3of5-2

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 17, 2018, 05:24:52 pm
Go kiss your boyfriends Marcus and Malik numb nuts.
Now you've got me scared.

HoopS

A-V-E-R-A-G-E
fans like you really suck when we win. Attention whore.

hawgball40

That's a pretty amazing turn of events. just two weeks ago we were like 10th i believe. Cool. We just got to keep winning and i think we'll be in the tournament. Right now we're near the bubble but i think today's win and a few more put us firmly in./

The real Hogules

The SEC is projected to have 8 teams in the NCAAT. Only one conference in the nation is projected to put more teams (9) in the tournament, than is the SEC. Our OOC record (as a conference) is very respectable, so I'd say that 3rd place in the SEC is "a little" better than average.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

3of5-2

Quote from: Dtechman on February 17, 2018, 05:26:06 pm
Improved from top to bottom, but they are all the same. Not one dominant team in the conference, not one! You will see come NCAAt time, how many of these teams are left in the Sweet 16.

Lao Tsuie

A$M didn't want to get beat ...

3of5-2

Quote from: HoopS on February 17, 2018, 05:28:34 pm
Cry me a river.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HoopS on February 17, 2018, 05:28:34 pm

tough language.. true but tough..

hawg1221

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 17, 2018, 05:21:08 pm
Look out, Hogs are on a roll! Ride the crest.

They've won 7 of 9 while Florida and Kentucky have been losing games of late. Yet, according to a graphic during the game, they are securely in while Arkansas has work to do. I'm not sure what the difference between the teams are.

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:30:20 pm
Improved from top to bottom, but they are all the same. Not one dominant team in the conference, not one! You will see come NCAAt time, how many of these teams are left in the Sweet 16.

You actually don't understand what the word average means, do you?

greenEGnHAWGS

A-V-E-R-A-G-E

Per what YOU have said many times that when you say "average" you mean that the league is good. For whatever reason, you like to throw around the word to make people think you're saying "average" as not very good...like the rest of the world uses it.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HoopS

3of5-2

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 17, 2018, 05:28:04 pm
I think he means that if you take all the SEC teams' records and divide them by the total number of games played, you will come up with .500 - AKA A-V-E-R-A-G-E

(I think...)
That would be correct, if anybody considers .500 A-V-E-R-A-G-E.

hawgball40

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 17, 2018, 05:29:31 pm
The SEC is projected to have 8 teams in the NCAAT. Only one conference in the nation is projected to put more teams (9) in the tournament, than is the SEC. Our OOC record (as a conference) is very respectable, so I'd say that 3rd place in the SEC is "a little" better than average.
that may be true on paper, but how do we look in game? We either blow the other team out, win a squeaker or get blown out. there is no in between. And our record against subpar clubs like lsu does lend credence to the statement that we are average. But in reality, we are just outside the top 25, but we are capable of playing up or down to our competition on a given night.

HoopS

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 05:31:42 pm
You actually don't understand what the word average means, do you?

No. He doesn't. He uses it in the wrong context every time.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Hogginintheville

We just have to keep winning. With the Kid from Auburn getting hurt today we might even have a chance to win the league!

3of5-2

Quote from: HoopS on February 17, 2018, 05:32:03 pm
haha. No, you're in here crying.
Crying about what? The fact that this conference is A-V-E-R-A-G-E? Being .500 and in 3rd place does not speak highly of the conference.

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:33:52 pm
Crying about what? The fact that this conference is A-V-E-R-A-G-E? Being .500 and in 3rd place does not speak highly of the conference.

So, you also don't know what .500 means.

Atlhogfan1

The SEC is imploding.  We are on the upswing. Great for us.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mykidsdad

Use the hate inside of you? Now kick the dog! Do it, Do it!

3of5-2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 05:32:41 pm
No. He doesn't. He uses it in the wrong context every time.
That's correct, .500 is actually below A-V-E-R-A-G-E, and is usually failing.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:32:08 pm
That would be correct, if anybody considers .500 A-V-E-R-A-G-E.
if y'all add up all the games and divide them by that it will ALWAYS BE .500😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 05:34:39 pm
Use the hate inside of you? Now kick the dog! Do it, Do it!
Okay Barbara, don't forget about your kids. Do they really know what you are? You can't hide it forever.

greenEGnHAWGS

Why?! It so aks nothing of how good the conference is. It shows that they're all fairly even. The SEC is GOOD. Top to bottom. THIS is why you can be .500 and in 3rd place.

mykidsdad

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 05:35:03 pm
if y'all add up all the games and divide them by that it will ALWAYS BE .500😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Don't go using that math stuff on him! you will make his head hurt!

mykidsdad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:36:28 pm
Okay Barbara, don't forget about your kids. Do they really know what you are? You can't hide it forever.

Good, good! The hate has made you powerful.

Randohoggie

Let me take a stab at explaining a few concepts to you ...

Teams in the conference have to play each other.  When they do, one wins and one loses.  It is inevitable (look it up) that there will be losses and if a bunch of the teams are good, those losses will get spread out among the teams.  When basically the whole conference is in the top 80 of the RPI and more than half are in the top 50 and about half are in the top 30 ... a bunch of the teams are good.

Is the Big 12 a good conference?  Most people think so.  Third place is 8-5 and fourth place is 8-6.  AVERAGE CONFERENCE.

KlubhouseKonnected

Go cry ya a river Forrest Bedford.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PonderinHog

Shhhhhhhh   >:(

3of5-2

You still can't admit it, but enjoy the .500. I would prefer this team to be better than .500, and they are on a good streak. Like I've said before, the team that benefits the most from it, is the HOGS. Same will go for the NCAAt.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:34:58 pm
That's correct, .500 is actually below A-V-E-R-A-G-E, and is usually failing.

Ok...I'll play. Let's put ALL of the best teams in the nation in the same conference. They all play each other over and over. Guess what'll happen...great teams will be in the middle of the pack and roughly .500 and in 3rd place.

Will you be saying "average" in a negative connotation to that conference?