Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri 48 Arkansas 45 - Uncut Post: Bret Bielema Dismissed

Started by marty houston, November 24, 2017, 06:52:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

marty houston

November 24, 2017, 06:52:36 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:57:14 pm by marty houston

Bret Bielema met with media following Arkansas 48-45 loss to Missouri Saturday in Fayetteville after which he was informed he was being dismissed as head football coach following a 4-8 season ....
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/missouri-48-arkansas-45-uncut-post-game-bret-bielema-dismissed/863325361

hogsmash12

See ya. Lots of heart felt feelings floating around but I'm a Hog fan and not a Bielema fan. I'm sick and and damn tired of watching OUR guys asses getting kicked up and down the field.  Good luck to you Brett and your family but the timing is exactly right. 

zuko

One of Bielema's most notable failures was his inability to find the right DC. The opposition almost averaged 40 points per game against the Razorbacks so how can a team overcome that. Making Rhodes the interim HC is like rewarding him for doing a lousy job.

zuko

Where did everybody go? I expected a lot more in comments on the firing but what's done is done. The guy proved to be a bust and we all knew it and including him. How can anybody tolerate the scores that the other teams put on us. Take a look at the schedule and you will see that notwithstanding Carolina who score 38 points the oher two cupcake teams weren't held to a total of 14 points, we might have seen an average score against us well into the 45 point range and no coach can survive that very long. Strangely enough, not to many fans wrote about the failure of the DC.

pigmania

I truly believe this man loved The Razorbacks and the state. He could have taken his buyout money and told all of us fans to kiss his ass, but he didn't. He was gracious and thankful for the opportunity. Not a good SEC coach, but one hell of a man. This guy has more class in his little pinky, than many of you haters have in your entire body. Do I believe it was time for him to leave? Yep, it sure was, but some of y'all need to quit being a douchebag and be appreciative that we had a decent guy running the program. It's just too bad that wins weren't a part of it. Now let's move on and find the right coach!

AirWarren

Quote from: pigmania on November 25, 2017, 12:31:22 am
I truly believe this man loved The Razorbacks and the state. He could have taken his buyout money and told all of us fans to kiss his ass, but he didn't. He was gracious and thankful for the opportunity. Not a good SEC coach, but one hell of a man. This guy has more class in his little pinky, than many of you haters have in your entire body. Do I believe it was time for him to leave? Yep, it sure was, but some of y'all need to quit being a douchebag and be appreciative that we had a decent guy running the program. It's just too bad that wins weren't a part of it. Now let's move on and find the right coach!

Right there with you. Speak the truth.

Tick Hog

That would be a hard thing to do with class but that's exactly how he handled it. Good luck at your next stop coach.

HogNTX

Quote from: pigmania on November 25, 2017, 12:31:22 am

ABSOLUTELY THIS!! Dilly dilly... let's escape the pit of misery.

SemperFi

Watched the PC and I've gotta say that Bret Bielema handled it with class and dignity. I wish things would have been different and that we were all bitching and moaning about an 8 or 9 win season. I always thought that he represented the UA well, but his performance on the field was less than admirable. The Kurt Anderson hire was his downfall and I think that if he would have hired someone that actually knew how to coach the OL after Pittman's defection then we would have had a solid 2017 season and we'd all be talking up 2018. Wish the man well.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan