Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Bielema is let go

Started by Mr. Porkleone, November 24, 2017, 05:43:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TushCrush

The second card in a powerful hand the BOT is holding. The timing was meant to send a message.

nwa_razorback_coffee

BB: "I was informed coming off the field that I would no longer be the coach at Arkansas."

Fans: "STAY CLASSY!!!"

BB: "I was informed in my office beside the locker room."

Fans: "But still same thing..."

BB: "I preferred to be told sooner than later."

Fans: "Errr uhh, we can't keep firing coaches."

If you haven't learned after five years not to believe what BB says, then enjoy your virtue signaling.

SquidBilly

Before anyone says another bad word about CBB I invite you to go watch his post game presser.  He was all class.  I hate the way some on here make evrything so personal.  The man lost football games, and he lost his job for it.  But other than that he was all class.  For that he deserves respect.

porkurina

It's never easy to dismiss someone and it is never easy to be fired.

alohawg

Quote from: porkurina on November 24, 2017, 08:12:21 pm
It's never easy to dismiss someone and it is never easy to be fired.

It's easier when you stand to collect over 5 million dollars.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ronmahony

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2017, 06:24:56 pm
Reason he was let go:

Yeah the acting A.C. Said that and it makes perfect sense. They the players would be heading home or wherever they were going. Gave him the ability to talk to his players as a team. Plus the coaches were set to leave. Really seems like a good idea to me, and classy to let him talk to his team.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 24, 2017, 08:08:04 pm
Before anyone says another bad word about CBB I invite you to go watch his post game presser.  He was all class.  I hate the way some on here make evrything so personal.  The man lost football games, and he lost his job for it.  But other than that he was all class.  For that he deserves respect.

He was hired to win football games.  He got paid many $million to do that.  Class would have admitted it when it became obvious he couldn't accomplish it.  It was all about the money.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 07:14:13 pm
This will be seen nationally as a bush league move by a bush league school in a bush league state. It will be seen as a move from a school that is run by boosters and not the athletic admins.

Who cares. This si me after hearing the news. Hog fans five year nightmare is over.

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

husker71

If you think Nebraska will take him you are crazy.  They see the same thing many do in that as long as he had Alvarez there he could win.  By the way Riley is up there now begging to keep his job (no chance)   and asking for 1 more year.  Here the notice is out to Norvell and a few others    we are open for business     great move and the timing was what it needed to be    BB maybe Kansas if he wants to coach right away  but why would he ??

Swestwill66

Quote from: hoglady on November 24, 2017, 07:29:28 pm
Only by those who don't bother to get their facts straight.

Would it have been better for the team to hear it from the media instead of Bielema over the weekend since they were leaving town for the holiday?
Or better to have let Bielema and staff recruit this weekend while knowing they were fixing to be fired?

What exactly would have been the correct way to handle this for Bielema, his staff and the team?
Exactly ! Why would you let him address team and then have him call them back to say never mind I'm gone. Let him be out recruiting all week end for nothing, just to be told Monday? Or have his post game presser and then come back an hour later to discuss his firing? I'm pretty sure he was prepared.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 24, 2017, 05:50:39 pm
Cold blooded? Nah. Merciful.

Mericiful would have been BB resigning after the Belk Bowl.

Jack The BN

Finally time to get Coach Rick Laweson in here. Been saying it for years He's our only shot at turning things around.

Hopefully the Foundation will be able to pony up. Maybe if we offer him $8 Million per year and a lifetime supply of Snickers Bars, we might just convince him to finally become the new head hog.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

Peter Porker

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 05:50:35 pm
Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord that someone lost their job? Really? Really?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.