Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (4-0, 0-0 SEC) vs North Carolina (4-0, 0-0 ACC)

Started by hawgball40, November 24, 2017, 02:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgball40

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 24, 2017, 04:28:43 pm
You're not going to beat North Carolina not scoring in the last 3 minutes of the game like we have the last 2 years.
yeah, it was 74-67. we scored 1 point in the final 4 minutes. call it what you want but the refs took over the game and signed, sealed, and delivered it for the fruits from chapel hill north carolina.

Rawker

Mmmm.  Except for a few good moments, mostly involving Gafford, just a bad game.  By no means anything to lose our crap over.  Would have been great to win, but they played great and the Hogs flat out played one of their worst games they'll play this season.  Pick back up and get to the next one!

Rbill

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 24, 2017, 04:26:04 pm
If Mike leaves Gafford in might been a different story
True. He probably doesn't want to admit how important a freshman is, but he has an effort X factor that changes the team very noticeably. It's just the way it is.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: XavierZane on November 24, 2017, 04:27:01 pm
The officiating in college basketball is so bad and biased that it's hard to enjoy the games as anything remotely fair.
With all the money we KNOW has been going to players it's not much of a stretch to think the refs get some of the pie

JonClaudeVanHam

We were down 6 with all the momentum and that BS call stole it back to UNC.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hogimus Prime

TM Hog

Good game Hogs! It's hard when you have to play against a team like UNC and the refs. I'm sorry but the refs were blatantly bias.

hawgball40

WorfHog

AirForceHog

Still don't quite have the horses to run with the elites. Outmatched in the second half.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

hawgball40

Quote from: WorfHog on November 24, 2017, 04:31:27 pm
Poor 3pt shooting and poor officiating beat the Hogs!
and fatigue and gafford in early foul trouble. gonna have to work hard over the course of this season if we want to go deep into the tourney.

Fan701

We were very tired.  Had we played them yesterday the result might have been different.

LumberBacks

We'll see the same talent against FL, KY and aTm.  Live and learn.  Gotta have Macon.   Macon and Barford are better the Joel Berry III.  Gafford has to stay on the floor. 

Hog_Fink

we lost composure quite a bit & stalled hard on offense. We are a team of momentum & runs. Gafford being out obviously hurt us. If we aren't playing tough D with our lengthy athletes & getting transition looks, then we will struggle playing iso halfcourt ball.

alohawg

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on November 24, 2017, 04:30:13 pm
We were down 6 with all the momentum and that BS call stole it back to UNC.

The baby blue stripped Calvary woke up again when needed most.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawgball40

honestly Joel Berry got all the calls all day. he just literally ran right into our players and made a shooting motion, then shot 2. all game long. such horse hockey.

zebradynasty

Played too much one on one didn't run the offense. At times looked like last years team did before the light clicked on and we started playing as a team. Lesson I hoped was learned NC on ball defense was pretty good. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 24, 2017, 04:28:43 pm
You're not going to beat North Carolina not scoring in the last 3 minutes of the game like we have the last 2 years.
how are you susposed to score when they call you for a moving screen before you even get down the floor?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

JonClaudeVanHam

Man, I just totally disagree with many of the takes I'm seeing. We clearly look to be on that level, but without fresh legs any team would probably get run by UNC. Macon and Beard were short all day, which will rarely ever happen. In tourney play we get a day off and that would make all the difference.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: alohawg on November 24, 2017, 04:33:14 pm
The baby blue stripped Calvary woke up again when needed most.

Roy Williams should thank the refs. Good learning experience for CJ. He has to get confident and daryl has to get better on defense. Let's win the next one.

PORKULATOR

We have to get better without the ball. You have to work harder away from the ball on D and O than we do.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

alohawg

Refs wanted revenge for all the complaints. If you think those calls in March were bad....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 04:34:49 pm
how are you susposed to score when they call you for a moving screen before you even get down the floor?

Exactly. In the final four minutes UNC was gifted four straight possessions. I don't think we lost because of the refs, but they damn sure didn't call the game well.

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas didn't run a single play to the interior....just CJ, Darryl, Anton jacking up 3's
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PORKULATOR

Loser mentality is, "I don't want to play them anymore."
Winners mentality.... I want em again next week.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogFaninMemphis

Y'all do know that refs aren't actually being bribed, right? Like, y'all are intelligent enough to know that doesn't actually happen? The NBA or the NFL may tell their officials to protect stars or make them look good, but they aren't telling them to fix games. College doesn't even have that level of oversight. If this were happening, there are way too many college basketball officials who would blow the whistle. Throwing games is indictable and they could end up in prison.
It's been proven over and over again that there's a psychological effect on officials when it comes to the home team and the best players where they are influenced by emotions. Please stop screaming about them getting cheated.
If you want to fix officiating, somehow automate it.
That all being said, hard effort today. It does suck how lopsided the officiating is.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on November 24, 2017, 04:39:42 pm
Y'all do know that refs aren't actually being bribed, right? Like, y'all are intelligent enough to know that doesn't actually happen? The NBA or the NFL may tell their officials to protect stars or make them look good, but they aren't telling them to fix games. College doesn't even have that level of oversight. If this were happening, there are way too many college basketball officials who would blow the whistle. Throwing games is indictable and they could end up in prison.
It's been proven over and over again that there's a psychological effect on officials when it comes to the home team and the best players where they are influenced by emotions. Please stop screaming about them getting cheated.
If you want to fix officiating, somehow automate it.
That all being said, hard effort today. It does suck how lopsided the officiating is.
this is a bad post because you are 100% wrong.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgHeadCheese

Breems

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 24, 2017, 04:38:33 pm
Arkansas didn't run a single play to the interior....just CJ, Darryl, Anton jacking up 3's

We did early on, but they eventually got tired of trying (and failing) to shoot over UNC's height and called it quits.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 24, 2017, 04:40:54 pm
We really need Khalil Garland. I hope he gets cleared.

A 6'6 Khalil Garland would take minute's away from CJ & Anton.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Breems on November 24, 2017, 04:42:39 pm
We did early on, but they eventually got tired of trying (and failing) to shoot over UNC's height and called it quits.

Oh okay...I stand corrected
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 04:40:35 pm
this is a bad post because you are 100% wrong.
So it is a bad post because I am wrong. Why am I wrong? Even the NBA betting scandal from a decade ago had to do with Vegas, not David Stern telling them not to call fouls on Kobe.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Breems

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 24, 2017, 04:45:46 pm

Oh okay...I stand corrected

Nah, I was agreeing for the most part. The stretch I mentioned was the first 3-4 minutes of the game.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Breems on November 24, 2017, 04:51:05 pm
Nah, I was agreeing for the most part. The stretch I mentioned was the first 3-4 minutes of the game.

The best part about this discussion...we played our absolute worst game of the year and still nearly beat av top 10 team!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 24, 2017, 04:44:57 pm
A 6'6 Khalil Garland would take minute's away from CJ & Anton.

Anton didn't have his best game but it's a long season. This team has to have scorinf from CJ to finish in the top 4 of the SEC. Gafford will get better. Our lack of quality depth finally showed up today. Will Macon commit to the defensive end of the floor? Sometimes your shot is not going but getting deflections and having the right attitude can be there every night.

hogfan14

010HogFan

Quote from: tncbg on November 24, 2017, 05:06:12 pm
Since when does losing by 19 equal nearly winning?

we had a chance to make it interesting late in the game and we had the momentum and the refs squashed it.

Letsroll1200

Pigasaurus

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 24, 2017, 04:39:03 pm
Loser mentality is, "I don't want to play them anymore."
Winners mentality.... I want em again next week.
We will effing get them in the tournament again.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Letsroll1200

Quote from: tncbg on November 24, 2017, 05:47:12 pm
Watched every minute. We cut it to 6, they scored to make it 8. Beard turned it over twice in a row and neither was the ref's fault. They pushed it out to 12 and never looked back. We did not "almost win" because we lost by 19.  If you homers want to believe otherwise or blame the refs that's fine. The best team won...period. That doesn't mean we don't have a good team, but don't fool yourself into thinking we are on UNC's level. They would beat us 7 out of 10 times conservatively. Let's win the next one and get ready for SEC play.

Joel was bailed out by the refs and destoyed momentum. UNC made timely plays and the whistle was on their side. CJ hit a couple of those open threes and it's a different game. We didn't get much from the 4 today. Thomas and Bailey have to come and play.

hawgball40

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 24, 2017, 05:01:46 pm
Careful. ..I got blasted for posting facts last night. Beard is 8 for 27 last two games. Why is he taking so many shots?
practicing for a career in masonry?