Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL MISSOURI GAME THREAD: POST ALL COMMENTS HERE

Started by gdumont, November 24, 2017, 12:23:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornfed Pig

Quote from: Cylinder on November 24, 2017, 05:41:16 pm
At least they made that decision accountable. Maybe they'll announce tonight instead of waiting 24 hours to celebrate the win.

who will?  don't you need an ad?

hogbud

code red

Quote from: hamsam on November 24, 2017, 05:41:40 pm
Wrong. If they manage the clock right, we have no chance with 1:25 on the clock. Back their ass up and call a defense that gives us a chance at another negative yardage play.
agreed. Who cares it's over thank god let's get a new coach.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Ramble on Barbershop

I have coached on ncaa 10, so I would have accepted it.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Swestwill66

I assumed the plan was to let them score so we would have time left. Then our defense bowed up..........?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HawgWyld on November 24, 2017, 05:41:35 pm
I hate that our SEC record against rotten, stinking Missouri is now 1-3. That's just pitiful and shows how far the Hogs have fallen.
Whats crazy is we should legit be 4-0.  I think its officially a rivalry though, there was some dirty plays going on.

Cylinder

kodiakisland

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2017, 05:40:15 pm
So now we're the laughing stock of Missouri. Lovely

Where you been the last two years? We already were.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Darren DeLoach

One of the prerequisites for the new coach and staff, you MUST go no worse than 8-2 against A&M and Mizzou over a 5 year period.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

JackTNHogfan

The right call is to enforce the penalty which stops the clock until the ball is snapped, which, in a sense, is the same as a timeout.  The additional reason is you take a 3 yard gain and make it a 10 yard loss from original line of scrimmage.  That is pushing them back further 13 yards for a FG attempt and it also makes it 1st and 20.  Then you bet on your D and use your timeouts to force a real FG attempt instead of a chip shot extra point FG attempt.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the announcers called it immediately and Bert crapped the bed again. 

Kneph13

Quote from: HawgWyld on November 24, 2017, 05:41:35 pm
I hate that our SEC record against rotten, stinking Missouri is now 1-3. That's just pitiful and shows how far the Hogs have fallen.

So True.  Wish we could shove that trophy right up their hemorrhoid affected anus.
There is no Political Correctness in war

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2017, 05:42:23 pm
In that situation in which a field goal beat you and you have two timeouts on the board. You call one time out. And then the other time out. Hoping that they will kick a field goal with about 1 minute left so you can go down and score that's the reason why.

Excpet accepting the penalty makes it still 1st down and with only 2 tos left they still run it diwn to the end and kick a fg.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dark Helmet Hog

Officially over...

https://twitter.com/PigTrailNation?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Swestwill66

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 05:46:20 pm
Excpet accepting the penalty makes it still 1st down and with only 2 tos left they still run it diwn to the end and kick a fg.

lasthog

Quote from: revolution on November 24, 2017, 05:32:52 pm
Play of the game was uncalled OPI.
Fitting.

Wasn't able to see  complete game, but that was so obvious and in clear view of ref. Hard to play DB against that.

And before somebody decides to tell me it didn't.matter, given all circumstances going on, we're just discussing one blown call.

Salted Pork

Should've waited to fire him in the morning. No class.

Swestwill66

HoggyCat

I halfway understand not accepting it. Defense could've mysteriously showed up and stopped them. Accept the penalty and it gives them another down to run another 50 seconds off the clock.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BrianG

Hard for me to believe he wasn't already fired.  The notice was too quick.

Cylinder

Quote from: Salted Pork on November 24, 2017, 05:52:02 pm

Hell no. It's about who gets to contact recruits now.

Bert had his shot and failed miserably. We owe him a buyout and nothing else.

Swestwill66

Quote from: Salted Pork on November 24, 2017, 05:52:02 pm
Should have fired him after South Carolina!!!

NorthDallas40

Cylinder

Kneph13

There is no Political Correctness in war