Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rebounding

Started by BRHogfan, November 24, 2017, 09:40:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BRHogfan

Arkansas has out-rebounded all 4 opponents so far this season. 

Last night was by far our best defensive rebounding night on the season.  Of the 35 misses that OU had, we got rebounds on 31 of them for almost 90% rebounding rate.  That is amazing.  Bill Walton wasn't wrong when he was oogling over Gafford's rebounds of which he had 8 defensive rebounds. 

Last season when we played UNC, we only got 24 out of a possible 39 and let them get offensive rebounds on 38% of missed shots.  If we can get 80% of defensive rebounds, I think it will be huge for us.  In common opponents like Bucknell, UNC got 91% of defensive rebounds and we only got 78%. 

BRHogfan

We sucked on rebounding today.  Part of that is Gafford getting 2 quick fouls in the first half I think.  We only got 39% of possible rebounds in the game. 

bigred223

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 24, 2017, 05:22:08 pm
We sucked on rebounding today.  Part of that is Gafford getting 2 quick fouls in the first half I think.  We only got 39% of possible rebounds in the game.

Gafford being out was a huge factor.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 24, 2017, 05:22:08 pm
The other part of that was NC's solid defense. They didn't let our guards get by them, drawing our bigs to the perimeter. Once a long shot goes up they are already in block-out position. We had so many missed shots with no chance of rebounding them.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.