Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the line? I can't find it anywhere? (UNC -4)

Started by mj4president, November 24, 2017, 07:36:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Tony Perkis

Looks like its not out yet. I've been searching this morning too.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Tony Perkis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 07:46:14 am
Ill take a guess of about 9.5
I'll guess +9. Football and basketball with the same lines...a little different competition though.

ChicoHog

Same here.  My site doesn't have it up yet.  I checked CBS sports.com on their score page and they normally list the games for the day with the lines but nothing on that game except a nice little preview.  I will take the Hogs if the line is over 5 or 6 i think.  Heading out to the golf course soon so may have to bet from my phone! 

popcornhog

WPS

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Tony Perkis

BannerMountainMan

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Tony Perkis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 10:29:41 am
figure it'll be about 7 at gametime right?
I would think so. Money will start flowing in on UNC -4. At this point in the season, people are just taking names.

hawgdavis

Wow just 3.5 - 4 , to me that is getting respect.

SPAL

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 24, 2017, 10:33:08 am
I would think so. Money will start flowing in on UNC -4. At this point in the season, people are just taking names.

Zero chance it moves to 7 in a few hours. Wow.

hawgdavis

That's kinda like a toss up spread isn't it. I don't follow spreads but that seems like they think this is a pretty much even matchup.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 24, 2017, 10:39:33 am
That's kinda like a toss up spread isn't it. I don't follow spreads but that seems like they think this is a pretty much even matchup.

The spread shows a little cautious love towards Arkansas.  Odds makers don't really know and don't want to get hurt too bad

Tony Perkis

hawgdavis

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 24, 2017, 10:41:16 am
The spread shows a little cautious love towards Arkansas.  Odds makers don't really know and don't want to get hurt too bad

Well is that still not a little respect. These people get paid big money to figure out the spread. Don't think it's this close if they don't think we can play with and even beat them.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 24, 2017, 10:39:33 am

The 4 point spread is one of those that reflects the betting public.  The books most always attempt to get the public to bet 50/50 on both teams and then they get their percentage cut.  A no lose situation for the books is created with a 50/50 money spread.

Often, lines don't reflect the actual paper trail, and this is one of those cases.

I doubt there will be any movement in the line.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

Dropkick

The 6 books on Docs Sports website are all posting 3 to 4 point lines.

JHicks3636

The movement in the first hour has actually been either down from +4 to to +3.5 or at some sites has stayed at +4. Over/under is between 168-170. Consensus 1st half is +2.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/north-carolina-@-arkansas.cfm/date/11-24-17/time/1530#N

bjeffersonhog

Watch the line the last hour before tipoff.  That will show you who the big money is taking.

HawgHeadCheese

hawgdavis

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2017, 10:55:38 am
The 4 point spread is one of those that reflects the betting public.  The books most always attempt to get the public to bet 50/50 on both teams and then they get their percentage cut.  A no lose situation for the books is created with a 50/50 money spread.

Often, lines don't reflect the actual paper trail, and this is one of those cases.

I doubt there will be any movement in the line.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

They are usually pretty lose to getting it right . With that said they are saying it a close match up. I understand the money aspect of but this hey don't usually make it a close spread when the see a mismatch or a large spread when they see a close finish.
Wouldn't you agree with this?