Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Las Vegas Bowl 2000

Started by Atlhogfan1, March 25, 2014, 12:29:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

That is what the game was feeling like for a while.  But the Hogs managed to avoid adding another embarrassing road loss to Anderson's career list.  End of season 3 was a great failure.  Like the 2000 football season and much of that era, this season had the upset wins which made so many believe only to have the bad losses to offset them.  And also like that season, it feels like we are going to be wasting time for a while.  The basketball program will have success but the wasted opportunites will come along with them as well.   Rollercoaster again has ended a season poorly.  This is 4 seasons straight now for Anderson going back to his last Mizzou team. 

Well the SEC is now done in the NIT and CBI.  So much for that argument about depth of the conference or the declarations that the SEC deserved more teams in the NCAAT or is underrated.  The conference had 3 good teams (1 great) this season.  That is it.  Our team had a chance to achieve more than it did.  I doubt many want to discuss why it didn't though. 

Looking forward, recruiting isn't where it needs to be for this program to be consistently nationally prominent.  I know many don't want to place that expectation on the program or any expectations for that matter.  The staff is out reaching for JC help going into season 4 trying to fill needs and missing on the top targets.  And this doesn't include any players who could be but may not be back next season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.