Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What time do the coaches go home?

Started by WalHog2018, November 18, 2017, 10:38:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

This is more of a curiosity question about the life of a football coach. I always heard that Football coaches work crazy hours during the season. However, tonight I was running by the Football complex and didn't see one coach's car there. I was surprised. Figured they'd be watching film or something.  Am I overthinking it? Do they do those little things at home? Didn't they have a lot of recruitng visits? Or do you think they kinda take their foot off the pedal because we aren't bowl eligible? No pressure?

East Clintwood

They're short-timers.

Haven't you ever worked with a short-timer before?

They just mail it in and get in the way until they can go.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

WalHog2018

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 10:41:57 pm
They're short-timers.

Haven't you ever worked with a short-timer before?

They just mail it in and get in the way until they can go.
I think that's the case too. Sadly. The seniors deserve better. Idk though, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, that's why I asked. Wanted to see if anyone knew how it really was. Just thought for sure they'd be watching Mizzou film. Especially with how Mizzou looked tonight and a short week.

emdavenp

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 10:38:50 pm
This is more of a curiosity question about the life of a football coach. I always heard that Football coaches work crazy hours during the season. However, tonight I was running by the Football complex and didn't see one coach's car there. I was surprised. Figured they'd be watching film or something.  Am I overthinking it? Do they do those little things at home? Didn't they have a lot of recurring visits? Or do you think they kinda take their foot off the pedal because we aren't bowl eligible? No pressure?

There were 5 OV's this weekend, so my assumption is they are with them.

hobhog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 10:38:50 pm
This is more of a curiosity question about the life of a football coach. I always heard that Football coaches work crazy hours during the season. However, tonight I was running by the Football complex and didn't see one coach's car there. I was surprised. Figured they'd be watching film or something.  Am I overthinking it? Do they do those little things at home? Didn't they have a lot of recurring visits? Or do you think they kinda take their foot off the pedal because we aren't bowl eligible? No pressure?

What car does Enos drive? Or Lunney? I thought I saw their cars there. But I was "running by" around 7-7:39. Circled back by around 9. Thought I saw a light on. Maybe over thinking....

RockyMtnHog

No bowl! No rush!  They break down the game film on Sundays.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

WalHog2018

Quote from: emdavenp on November 18, 2017, 10:48:39 pm
There were 5 OV's this weekend, so my assumption is they are with them.
makes sense. I assume they take them out to eat, Home visits, etc.

WalHog2018

Quote from: hobhog on November 18, 2017, 10:49:32 pm
What car does Enos drive? Or Lunney? I thought I saw their cars there. But I was "running by" around 7-7:39. Circled back by around 9. Thought I saw a light on. Maybe over thinking....
yea, I physically ran by about 9:45. Didn't see anyone. Idk what anyone drives. Just didn't see anything but a golf cart. Sorry for asking questions and overthinking.

hobhog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 10:51:33 pm
yea, I physically ran by about 9:45. Didn't see anyone. Idk what anyone drives. Just didn't see anything but a golf cart. Sorry for asking questions and overthinking.

I'll run by around midnight, see if there is any activity. Then again about 7am. Coach B has a golf cart he uses in campus so I will try to track the serial number and report.

WalHog2018

Quote from: hobhog on November 18, 2017, 10:54:53 pm
I'll run by around midnight, see if there is any activity. Then again about 7am. Coach B has a golf cart he uses in campus so I will try to track the serial number and report.
cool man. Track some planes while you're at it.  I was just asking a question. Didn't know how it worked. My bad.

SlickWilly

Quote from: hobhog on November 18, 2017, 10:54:53 pm

Here you go https://www.gpsinsight.com/news/tracking-golf-carts/

WalHog2018

SlickWilly

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 11:06:33 pm
technology is amazing. Except BB's virtual reality. That obviously doesn't work.

Actual reality hasn't been working for him either lately...

WalHog2018

Quote from: SlickWilly on November 18, 2017, 11:10:37 pm
Actual reality hasn't been working for him either lately...
especially when you don't care enough to watch film.

coolhog

They go home a little earlier on Saturdays.
They start around 6am get home at 11pm

WalHog2018

Quote from: coolhog on November 18, 2017, 11:42:50 pm
They go home a little earlier on Saturdays.
They start around 6am get home at 11pm
that's a normal day? 6-11? Woof. That's tough.

Chalupa Batman

WalHog2018

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 10:56:22 pm
cool man. Track some planes while you're at it.  I was just asking a question. Didn't know how it worked. My bad.

It may be in the way you "Ran" the question "By" him... "Physically Ran" it by him that is...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.