Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bert knows he’s done.

Started by Dr. Starcs, November 18, 2017, 02:29:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

That's the only possible scenario I can imagine for him going it for that 4th down. Other than him being a complete moron, which is entirely possible too.

HawgPilot

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 02:29:37 pm
That's the only possible scenario I can imagine for him going it for that 4th down. Other than him being a complete moron, which is entirely possible too.

JackTNHogfan

Can he now take the handle MOTHO?  I think he's earned it.

Hoggiedawg

That’s the only possible scenario I can imagine for him going it for that 4th down. Other than him being a complete moron, which is entirely possible too.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 18, 2017, 02:30:36 pm
Can he now take the handle MOTHO?  I think he’s earned it.

No question he is in the club.

alohawg

Those 3rd and 4th down calls were Bert giving hog nation the middle finger on the way to the bank.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Sho Nuff

He knows he's done, but sadly, he doesn't think it's his fault.  Injuries, ball bounces against us, other bs excuses.  I wish he would just say I'm sorry.  All he does is deflect.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: alohawg on November 18, 2017, 02:31:55 pm
Those 3rd and 4th down calls were Bert giving hog nation the middle finger on the way to the bank.

Yep. Probably did it for Jeffy

hoglady

Our defense was playing really well.
I would have trusted them to hold Ms St.

Commentators are killing Bielema right now over going for it on 4th and the play calls.
Then he says "And that's why Arkansas is where they are - woeful in conference play."
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Marshfieldhog

Totally dumb 3rd and 4th down calls. Just punt. Defense had played well.

jgcat4

Anyone seen anything? He gone yet? Otter, have they started cleaning out his office? Let's get this show on the road!
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

soso

Enos did not do him any favors with that last play call.

jgphillips3

My God.  Bert has made MOTHO look like a GD genius.  He has blown so far beyond MOTHO, we need a new term for this level of incompetence.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 18, 2017, 02:36:48 pm
My God.  Bert has made MOTHO look like a GD genius.  He has blown so far beyond MOTHO, we need a new term for this level of incompetence.

MOTHO was a god compared to what we have now.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 18, 2017, 02:36:48 pm

Seriously. He makes Nuttsky look like Howard Schnellenberger
This is my non-signature signature.

Dr. Starcs

Can't wait for the hard-hitting media questions at the press conference.

rzrbacknTX

Quote from: Sho Nuff on November 18, 2017, 02:32:49 pm
He knows he's done, but sadly, he doesn't think it's his fault.  Injuries, ball bounces against us, other bs excuses.  I wish he would just say I'm sorry.  All he does is deflect.

Well today he showed it truly was about coaching and managing a game.

alohawg

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 18, 2017, 02:33:45 pm
Totally dumb 3rd and 4th down calls. Just punt. Defense had played well.

It was also kind of a middle finger reward for their efforts all game.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Cale

Quote from: soso on November 18, 2017, 02:35:37 pm

You think that was enos' choice?
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Svrdhd

Playing to win is what he was doing.
You can't let the other team have the ball that late. Players are being coached to secure the football, not take unnecessary sacks and never quit on a route. Only a handful of players are giving their all.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Cale on November 18, 2017, 02:41:08 pm
You think that was enos' choice?

I'm sure the playcall was Enos. The decision to go for it was all Bert. Who cares, they both need to go.

shshark00

I wonder if all these 4th down threads and topics would still exist if he had converted it?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:42:45 pm
I wonder if all these 4th down threads and topics would still exist if he had converted it?

Thanks for chiming in Jen.

shshark00

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 02:43:38 pm
Thanks for chiming in Jen.

Oh that's right. Hogville only exists to anonymously spew hate and insults. No real discussion and logic based posts are allowed. My apologies

hawginbigd1

Quote from: soso on November 18, 2017, 02:35:37 pm
Enos can go to, his play calling all season has been crap. IMO the decision to go for it was 50/50, the 3rd and 4th down calls and execution was horrible. I would have run the counter type play that we were having success with on 3rd and 4th down. The timeout with 25 seconds on the play clock so we could run the wildcat with Nance is horrible a horrible decision. Not to mention running an overload into the boundary.

alohawg

That's another ARKANSAS RAZORBACK NATIONAL TV EMBARRASSMENT!!! FIRE the fat sob now, for the love of all things hog.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

longpig

Failed to keep the teams piss hot again.
Don't be scared, be smart.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Svrdhd on November 18, 2017, 02:42:18 pm
Playing to win is what he was doing.
You can't let the other team have the ball that late. Players are being coached to secure the football, not take unnecessary sacks and never quit on a route. Only a handful of players are giving their all.

With 3 minutes left in the game, on third down you run a play to get a first down, not a high risk play with someone who is not a RB. On 4 th you punt OR run a SHORT pass play for 3 to 4 yards.  Get the 1st down.

Totally disagree about players. I saw kids trying hard, but poorly coached.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

longpig

Quote from: alohawg on November 18, 2017, 02:46:38 pm
That's another ARKANSAS RAZORBACK NATIONAL TV EMBARRASSMENT!!! FIRE the fat sob now, for the love of all things hog.

By Bielema standards that was no where
near embarrassing.  Next week will be embarrassing.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:45:46 pm
Oh that's right. Hogville only exists to anonymously spew hate and insults. No real discussion and logic based posts are allowed. My apologies

That was hateful and insulting? 

*snowflake alert

shshark00

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 02:53:44 pm
That was hateful and insulting? 

*snowflake alert

Thank you again for proving my point. Not willing to engage me in actual conversation about the topic. Just stop by, drop a witty comment, and toss in another insult. Have a good day sir.

elksnort

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:55:57 pm
Thank you again for proving my point. Not willing to engage me in actual conversation about the topic. Just stop by, drop a witty comment, and toss in another insult. Have a good day sir.
"Snowflake" "dilly dilly"

How original.

Wild Bill Hog

Yes, because it was grossly inferior playcalling.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:55:57 pm

What exactly are you wanting me to discuss?  Hypotheticals?  What good would that do?  It was an idiotic decision made by a desperate man. Whether we would have converted is meaningless. We didn't.

You were the one who didn't want to address the title of the thread I started. You are free to start your own topic about what ifs. Good god man.

shshark00

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 18, 2017, 03:05:23 pm

BS and you know it. We convert and have a shot at draining the clock and kicking a FG no way we get 2-3 threads and numerous others derailed by the "stupidity of going for it". Of course we shouldn't have gone for it, but for anyone to delude themselves by thinking the top half of this message board would be taken over with that discussion had we converted is simply blinded by hate of the coaching staff.

SooieGeneris

I wonder if pigs could fly would there be a bacon shortage? Game day topics on here normally are determined by what ACTUALLY happens, genius..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

BadHog

I'm pretty sure that complete moron is it.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: alohawg on November 18, 2017, 02:31:55 pm

Good grief man.!? SMH
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig In The City

He obviously had great assistants at Wisconsin. Enough said and enough of the same mistakes year after year. The winds of change have blown.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Sho Nuff on November 18, 2017, 02:32:49 pm

I have literally never seen a ball bounce more favorably for a team than that fumble did for us today.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

SooieGeneris

I always thought FDA stood for Food and Drug Administration. Bert is giving it new meaning, so he's not totally useless I suppose..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

shshark00

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 03:07:01 pm
What exactly are you wanting me to discuss?  Hypotheticals?  What good would that do?  It was an idiotic decision made by a desperate man. Whether we would have converted is meaningless. We didn't.

You were the one who didn't want to address the title of the thread I started. You are free to start your own topic about what ifs. Good god man.

Seriously? Almost every thread on this forum is nothing but hypotheticals and conjecture. When do we fire them all? Who the next coach is? Was that TD really a catch?
It's all done to create conversation and share opinions and ideas. That's all I did. To go along your line of thought, nothing really matters here though. There is no way he keeps his job and stays coaching here. So why do we continuous bash and insult? Stress relief? If we all know he should and will be gone, what good does it do to rehash every mistake he and that staff makes? We all know the outcome. I was simply trying to actually theorize an idea that didn't include spewing hate and insults toward anyone. I actually used to like coming here finding legitimate football talk. I guess that doesn't exist anymore.   

Athog

Quote from: hoglady on November 18, 2017, 02:33:37 pm
Our defense was playing really well.
I would have trusted them to hold Ms St.

Commentators are killing Bielema right now over going for it on 4th and the play calls.
Then he says "And that's why Arkansas is where they are - woeful in conference play."

He was going to get criticized on here no matter what he did.

ATLHog

Dear Bert,
Thanks for making me look great!
John L. Smith
P.S.
SMILE!

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 03:22:16 pm
Seriously? Almost every thread on this forum is nothing but hypotheticals and conjecture. When do we fire them all? Who the next coach is? Was that TD really a catch?
It’s all done to create conversation and share opinions and ideas. That’s all I did. To go along your line of thought, nothing really matters here though. There is no way he keeps his job and stays coaching here. So why do we continuous bash and insult? Stress relief? If we all know he should and will be gone, what good does it do to rehash every mistake he and that staff makes? We all know the outcome. I was simply trying to actually theorize an idea that didn’t include spewing hate and insults toward anyone. I actually used to like coming here finding legitimate football talk. I guess that doesn’t exist anymore.   

If the UA played legitimate football there would be lots of good conversation here.  If the UA had a legitimate HC there would be lots of good conversation here.  Any questions?

elksnort

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 18, 2017, 03:05:23 pm
No, there would have been very little talk of that play call had it succeeded.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

BOAR_N2BWILD

No Houston- Nice try though.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Tusks

I just want to thank BB for showing up to the games sober.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit