Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athlon Pre-season SEC Football 2017 All-Conference Team

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 26, 2017, 10:49:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Allen-3rd Team, Whaley-3rd, Cornelius-3rd, Ragnow-1st, Agim-3rd, Greenlaw-4th, Pulley-3rd team.

By team and unit:

Offense               1st     2nd     3rd     4th    Defense     1st     2nd     3rd     4th
ALA                      4        2       0        0                      5         1       0        1
ARK                      1        0       3        0                      0         0       2        1
AUB                      2        1       0        2                      0         2       1        1
FLA                      0        2       2        1                      1         2       1        1
GEO                      0        4       0        0                      2         0       2        2
KEN                      0        1       1        1                      1         2       0        0
LSU                      2        0       0        1                      1         1       0        0
MSU                     0        0       1        2                      0         1       0        2
MIZ                      0        2       0        1                      0         0       1        1
OLM                      0        0       0        2                     1         0       0        1
USC                      2        0       1        0                     0         1       0        0
TEN                      0        0       2        0                     0         0       1        0
A&M                     0        0       1        1                     0         1       1        0
VAN                      0        0       1        1                     0         0       2        1

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-football-2017-all-conference-team/
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

So we're actually to believe that Austin is only the THIRD best QB in the conference. Sorry, but that's just ludicrous! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

The Kig

AA... 3rd.  Vantage said it.  Interesting the respect for our D.   
Poker Porker

247Hog

I keep seeing that A&M is supposed to better than Arkansas. According to this, we should be much better.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hogswarts

I sure hope this Stidham kid makes out to be "The Man" that everybody claims he will be. The dude hasn't even played a down in the conference and they are already crowning him the savior of the Auburn program. Geez!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hogsaint85 on May 26, 2017, 12:31:27 pm
I sure hope this Stidham kid makes out to be "The Man" that everybody claims he will be. The dude hasn't even played a down in the conference and they are already crowning him the savior of the Auburn program. Geez!
They did the same thing with auburn and Jeremy Johnson a few years ago and it blew up in everyones faces when they found out he couldn't read defenses
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Buff

Laughable.  If Austin plays with the same fire he showed last year, there may not be a close 2nd.  Stidham was alright at Baylor, playing in a system that spreads receivers out against defenses that are mostly there to fill roster space.

Deep Shoat

The truth is, Stidham has all the tools.  But he's never played in the SEC.  We have no clue how good or bad he will be.

But he's got a long way to go if he's going to pass Austin Allen as the number 1 QB in the SEC.  Anybody saying otherwise is just throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 26, 2017, 01:03:21 pm
The truth is, Stidham has all the tools.  But he's never played in the SEC.  We have no clue how good or bad he will be.

But he's got a long way to go if he's going to pass Austin Allen as the number 1 QB in the SEC.  Anybody saying otherwise is just throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks.
Agreed. He does have a lot of talent around him and on defense. However, if you are ranking them right now you have to put AA in front.

870hogfan

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 26, 2017, 01:39:45 pm
Agreed. He does have a lot of talent around him and on defense. However, if you are ranking them right now you have to put AA in front.

Austin will be better at the end of the year also.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 26, 2017, 02:16:12 pm

Austin will be better at the end of the year also.
That will largely depend on the o-line. Auburn's offense gives Stidham the opportunity to put up huge numbers.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogsaint85 on May 26, 2017, 12:31:27 pm

Stidham better be able to throw the ball well (and release the ball quickly) in week 2 in Clemson, SC.

Auburn better plan on not being able to run the ball very effectively in Clemson.  It could be the best opposing Defensive Line Malzahn has ever faced. 

LZH

Austin is the best quarterback in the SEC. Period. Not even close. Georgia has a good one, Missouri has a good one, and so does Alabama. But they are not in Austin's League yet.

Apparently anyone with a computer and Wi-Fi can throw together a list and be an expert. Someone should start a blog and rate the crappy internet sports writers in the SEC.

Al Boarland

Quote from: LZH on May 26, 2017, 05:26:39 pm
Austin is the best quarterback in the SEC. Period. Not even close. Georgia has a good one, Missouri has a good one, and so does Alabama. But they are not in Austin's League yet.

Apparently anyone with a computer and Wi-Fi can throw together a list and be an expert. Someone should start a blog and rate the crappy internet sports writers in the SEC.

I expect there are quite a few QB's that will be playing at a high level this season.

Hogs49ers

I find it interesting that we have more All team players than both LSU and A&M, quite surprising IMO but awesome to see!  Here is the total breakdown per team:

ALA                      13
FLA                      10
GEO                     10
AUB                       9
ARK                       7
MSU                      6
KEN                       6
LSU                       5
MIZ                       5
VAN                      5
OLM                      4
USC                      4
A&M                     4
TEN                      3

SCREW Vandy!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 26, 2017, 05:38:42 pm
I expect there are quite a few QB's that will be playing at a high level this season.

I think Austin will be a better QB this year than last year and he was pretty good most of the time last year. Being a good Pro Style QB is a tough job from a skills standpoint because you really do have to be more of a prototypical NFL kind of QB. Unfortunately for AA his performance will be compared to those who play QB in offensive systems that may churn out a lot of yards and put up big numbers, but whose systems don't require as many of the developed skills as a QB that operates a Pro Style Offense. The national media will probably have a hard time discerning the difference in what they see on the field.
Go Hogs Go!

daBoar

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 27, 2017, 07:22:50 am
The national media will probably have a hard time discerning the difference in what they see on the field.
While true, Auburn also has to play Bama and LSU.

Al Boarland

I think Austin will be a better QB this year than last year and he was pretty good most of the time last year. Being a good Pro Style QB is a tough job from a skills standpoint because you really do have to be more of a prototypical NFL kind of QB. Unfortunately for AA his performance will be compared to those who play QB in offensive systems that may churn out a lot of yards and put up big numbers, but whose systems don't require as many of the developed skills as a QB that operates a Pro Style Offense. The national media will probably have a hard time discerning the difference in what they see on the field.

From my perspective it's about producing wins. I don't care if that accomplished via pro style, wish bone, air raid or spread. Offenses now are a mashup of all these philosophies.

flippinhogmana

If Greenlaw stays healthy he's a lot better than 4th team SEC.  As far as Allen, if the offense clicks, he will wind up higher too, Whaley maybe the same.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Al Boarland

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 27, 2017, 02:00:58 pm
If Greenlaw stays healthy he's a lot better than 4th team SEC.

There is a lot of LB talent in the conference.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 26, 2017, 05:08:40 pm
Stidham better be able to throw the ball well (and release the ball quickly) in week 2 in Clemson, SC.

Auburn better plan on not being able to run the ball very effectively in Clemson.  It could be the best opposing Defensive Line Malzahn has ever faced.
While Stidham may indeed turn out to be a very good QB, to crown him ahead of AA who has PROVEN his grit and talent against top SEC defenses is ridiculous. Let's see what he actually does against real defenses before we proclaim him better than Austin. BTW numbers against the vast majority of Little 12 defenses are a joke.

LRRandy

I don't think you intended it to, but that statement reads awfully pompous on your part. The guys that do it for a living, that have risen to the top of their profession are not going to be able to tell who the best qb in the sec is. Ok. Consider that they probably are not trying to rationalize and spin numbers to enhance the perception of their favorite teams qb like you do.

Question? Do you think Arkansas wins more games last year with Jalen Hurts as qb? Every player stays the same. Just insert Hurts at qb instead of Allen. I know what I think.
This is fun, isn't it.

bennyl08

Which leads to a lot of the questions people have come NFL draft.

"Why would they take Joe over Jim? Jim had more yards!"
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Al Boarland

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 27, 2017, 02:03:12 pm
While Stidham may indeed turn out to be a very good QB, to crown him ahead of AA who has PROVEN his grit and talent against top SEC defenses is ridiculous. Let's see what he actually does against real defenses before we proclaim him better than Austin. BTW numbers against the vast majority of Little 12 defenses are a joke.

It would be interesting to know how our defense would have performed in the little 12 last season.

LZH

Quote from: LRRandy on May 27, 2017, 02:03:26 pm
I don't think you intended it to, but that statement reads awfully pompous on your part. The guys that do it for a living, that have risen to the top of their profession are not going to be able to tell who the best qb in the sec is. Ok. Consider that they probably are not trying to rationalize and spin numbers to enhance the perception of their favorite teams qb like you do.

Question? Do you think Arkansas wins more games last year with Jalen Hurts as qb? Every player stays the same. Just insert Hurts at qb instead of Allen. I know what I think.

What...? Do you honestly think this Steve Rassan character is at the top of his profession?

LRRandy

Quote from: LZH on May 27, 2017, 02:16:53 pm
What...? Do you honestly think this Steve Rassan character is at the top of his profession?
nah, I don't know who that cat is. I was referencing his statement about the national media. I guess I took that to mean college analysts on national sites and networks.
This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Not pompous at all. We have all seen it many times over. You have a Dual Threat QB who doesn't have to make the reads and many times the throws that a guy running a Pro Style has to make, and because the offense as a unit puts up a ton of yards, the non-Pro Style guy winds up being the media darling even though the Pro Style guy may be better equipped for the next level.

And about Hurts, given how inconsistently and poorly we performed at times on the O-Line last year, I can't say with any degree of confidence that he would have made any difference.
Go Hogs Go!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

LRRandy

Quote from: prattville pig on May 27, 2017, 05:20:41 pm
our record would have been worse
you don't think that a qb that can run  like Hurts does would have been the difference in a few of those games where picking up a third and one might have been the difference between winning and losing?
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 27, 2017, 05:07:38 pm
Not pompous at all. We have all seen it many times over. You have a Dual Threat QB who doesn't have to make the reads and many times the throws that a guy running a Pro Style has to make, and because the offense as a unit puts up a ton of yards, the non-Pro Style guy winds up being the media darling even though the Pro Style guy may be better equipped for the next level.

And about Hurts, given how inconsistently and poorly we performed at times on the O-Line last year, I can't say with any degree of confidence that he would have made any difference.
fair enough. I'm gonna guess any razorback fan would trade wins at his current level vs being better prepared for the next level. Looking good in a losing effort isn't it's as appealing as winning but only being able to make a few reads.

I think Hurts makes the difference in one or two wins last year. Your point about the oline is exactly the reason I think he would have.
This is fun, isn't it.

Al Boarland

It's not about what they might can accomplish in the NFL. For a college athletics program it's how many wins you can stack up? How do you sell "come to the U of A, we run a pro style O" when there are other programs, with more tradition that incorporate the same philosophy? That's why you see where we are ranked year after year. We need juco's. Every cycle. We will not get the best talent. Ever.

Al Boarland

Quote from: LRRandy on May 27, 2017, 08:22:32 pm
fair enough. I'm gonna guess any razorback fan would trade wins at his current level vs being better prepared for the next level. Looking good in a losing effort isn't it's as appealing as winning but only being able to make a few reads.

I think Hurts makes the difference in one or two wins last year. Your point about the oline is exactly the reason I think he would have.
I completely disagree. QB wasn't the problem. We do not, and will not, recruit at a high enough level to consistently win. We could pay more $ than handshake $ and it still won't happen. It's a geographical issue and we don't offer an education that's a differentiator from our SEC brethren.

bennyl08

You are assuming the wins would come with though.

It's not a stretch that if Bama had Austin Allen at qb, they would have won the national championship. Or that a significant downgrade at QB last year and we might not have gone bowling.

It's the same reason why a team would rather have Marino than Dilfer despite Dilfer winning a super bowl and Marino not.

However, the heart of the debate in this thread is about picking all conference players. For that, it all depends on the rubric you want to use. Do you go simply by the best stats? Most wins? Best actual performance? All three of those are unique things that rarely describe the same player. The player with the best stats will usually be the biggest fish in the smallest pond in the best system to accumulate numbers. Think Colt Brennan at Hawaii. The player with the best performances (i.e. strong arm, complicated reads, accurate reads of the defense, moving up in the pocket, etc...) This is your Matthew Stafford, your Tom Brady, your Ryan Mallett, your Aaron Rodgers. Lastly, for the big winners, the name says it all.  This is your Greg McElroy, your Matt Flynn.

Occasionally you have have who did it all. Cam Newton was near the top statistically, undefeated natty winner, and while he didn't have to make as tough as reads as other qb's, he had the ability to do that if asked and had the NFL arm talent and mental processing.

If the debate is about who to have on your team, performance is the only quality that translates from one organization to the next. And for that, Austin hands down over Hurts. However, if I weight in team success into the equation, Hurts rises up. Further, both qb's were playing their first season as a starter. However, Hurts was a true freshmen while Austin was a RsJr. While I expect both to significantly improve in their second year as a starter as almost everybody does, Hurts will likely improve even more going from his first season out of HS to his 2nd. So, how much do you weight future projections? Agim, for example is ahead of guys who outperformed him on this list. However, he is projected to make quite the jump in year 2.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

MuskogeeHogFan

I think you are missing the point of what I originally said. My comment didn't have anything to do with whether I would prefer more wins or not. It was merely a statement that the QB's whose offenses put up big numbers and win more games regardless of their style of play or preparation for the next level, often garner more attention and promotion by the media.

When a QB like Hurts can makes great runs at key moments and has a pretty good arm AND he also happens to play for a team that has the #2 total defense in the country, and because he also benefits from all of the quality talent that surrounds him, and because he plays THE high profile position on his team, he is naturally going to get a lot of air time from the media. This is going to help promote the perception (whether truly accurate or not) that he might be the best QB in college football.

AA is probably going to be the better prepared QB to move on and be successful sooner at the next level. That doesn't automatically guarantee more winning success at the college level because this is a team sport and other players have to play at a higher level as well in order for that to be converted to more winning at the level of college football that is the SEC.

You seem to think that having a scrambling QB with quick feet will automatically convert to more wins. It may produce unexpected and exciting plays that weren't scripted (see Matt Jones) but it doesn't guarantee more wins when you are rebuilding your O-Line and you have TE's and RB's missing blocks in a passing situation. Don't kid yourself, a lot of Hurts' big plays running and passing last year were as a result of the players around him doing their jobs or putting out extra effort to make big plays at key moments for the team. Everyone working together and executing at a higher level is what equates to more wins.

From a technical standpoint I believe that AA will be more prepared for the next level. Does that mean more wins for Arkansas? Not necessarily because other players have to step up and execute as well.

If Arkansas would go out and surprise the collective football world this year and win 10-11 games in the regular season, I guarantee you that it will be the talking heads (those scripted experts you were talking about above) that will be the first on the bandwagon saying that it was AA who took them there. Certainly, he would deserve a lot of the credit but a lot of other things would have to happen to make that possible, like the defense allowing fewer than 375 yards each game and being a lot tougher in the RZ.

But make no mistake, regardless of which team we are talking about, the QB will get much, if not most of the credit and in college football that has less to do with whether one QB is more prepared for the next level than another.
Go Hogs Go!

goodguytex

He wouldn't have. We probably would've done worse. Hurts gives an offense that qb run threat, but if your Oline is collectively being put on their backsides, not too much a QB can do. Even a running one.

jlhogfan

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 28, 2017, 10:32:54 am
Unfortunately when it comes to QBs at the college level, they are all lumped together as QBs regardless of the type of offense they run.  At the next level is where the type of offense the QB was in will matter.   At the end of the day, college QBs are heaped praise for the numbers they produce.  Interceptions (bad judgement) is why AA isn't regarded higher by the national media.  If he goes for 2500 yards, 20 something TDs, and reduce the picks to 4 or 5 and we will see his college football profile rise even in a pro style offense.  If I was a sports writer ranking SEC QBs, I couldn't consider a QB who threw 15 interceptions last season as the best QB in the conference UNLESS, I had extremely LOW regard for QB play in the conference.

15 INT's is never good. Of course, there are quite a few reasons that contributed to having that high of a number, but the QB has to own those nonetheless.

And FYI, you might want to check the other stats since your current rant for the day seems to be "15 INT's"...he threw for 3430 yards, 25 TD's and had a 61% completion percentage last year. I would hope that he will throw for not much less than that in yards next season with a higher completion percentage.

The biggest thing that will help AA is the entire team coming together, playing better as a unit and having a defense that plays a lot better. All of that should equate to more wins and fewer situations where AA feels like he is in a position where he has to take major chances in forcing the ball into tight spots in order to try to pull the game out for the team.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 28, 2017, 10:56:23 am
I've said it before and I will say it again, geography has zero to do with recruiting in this decade.  Yes, the FL teams have a marked advantage, Texas schools may, and maybe even Bama due to geography but other than a select few teams, the rest of the teams in the country recruit on a national level.  All the UA need to do is string together about 3 nine win seasons and the talent will come (see Starkville).  Recruiting is about profile and profile is about winning.  Keep going 7-6 and no, the talent deficit will not be erased.  What 5 star athlete would consider going to a perrenial door mat of the SEC?  Why should he?  Why would an in state kid want to? 

Sorry, wrong again. "Geography" certainly helps, a lot. Having an established winning record at a high level (as you point out) also really helps. When you have an established record of putting a lot of people into the NFL Draft, that also helps a great deal and causes talent to migrate to your program. And when you have all three it really gives you a leg up on the competition.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 28, 2017, 11:11:17 am
It's not a rant, I simply stated one stat that national writers looked at when coming up with their list.  I seriously doubt they watched every hog game to diagnose why the 15 picks occurred.  If AA repeats last year's performance and cut the picks in half, I don't think any other QB in the conference will be a close second to him.  I try to always see situations from two sides, life-long training made me think that way and looking through the eyes of this writer, whether I agree or not, one number would jump out at me and skew my rankings.  That's not a rant, it was just me expressing why I think the writer placed him 3rd.   

I'm just saying, 7 of those 15 INT's came in a span of games from LSU through VT, 4 games. So almost half of those occurred when AA probably felt the pressure to make things happen to try to win games because he couldn't count on the defense to hold up their end of the bargain. Now QB's shouldn't panic like that and lose their composure because the team is looking to them for positive leadership, but I'll guarantee you that is why he began to force the ball into tight spots that he might not have earlier in the season.

Heck, I have no problem with him being a pre-season All SEC 3rd team pick at QB, especially by Athlon who generally isn't all that accurate anyway. Big deal, it means exactly squat at this point.

I think we will see a more mature Austin Allen running the offense this season and I think we will see more of a team effort on both sides of the ball that hopefully, won't put him in a position where he feels the need to put the entire team on his back and take risks and make bad judgements in the face of live fire.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 28, 2017, 10:21:38 am
This is a Razorback message board so I understand all the homer support, BUT, if we go by statistics only, what is on AA's resume for everyone to assume he is the best QB in the SEC?

Who said anything about resumes?

prattville pig

Quote from: LRRandy on May 27, 2017, 08:14:00 pm
you don't think that a qb that can run  like Hurts does would have been the difference in a few of those games where picking up a third and one might have been the difference between winning and losing?

no
Life's too short to last long.

Paul

bennyl08

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 28, 2017, 10:36:31 am
So should the national media ignore 15 interceptions?  Yes he played in the SEC but 15 interceptions won't get you much praise in any conference.

Cough, Deshaun Watson, cough.

You asked about statistics.

Yards: Austin number 1 with 3430 yards. Locks comes in at #2 with 3399. Nobody else even broke 3000.
Yards per attempt: Austin again at #1 with 8.6 unless you count qb's who attempted <50 passes on the season. Lock only had 7.8 ypa as Austins closest competitor for best qb.
Completion % Austin isn't first here (61.1%). For qb's with at least 100 attempts on the season, he ranks 6th in the league. With at least 250, he ranks 4th. While he was attempting the harder passes as evidenced by his ypa, Dobbs and Kelly both had over 8 ypa.
QBR: Speaking of Dobbs and Kelly, those were the only 2 qb's to have a qbr higher than Austin Allen's. Both of those qb's are gone while Austin was just a first year starter. Austin was at 146, Kelly at 147 and Dobbs at 150. Hurts is the next closest for a qb with 250 attempts on the season at 139. Austin is closer to first than 4th and again, those ahead of him are gone for 2017.
TD's: Only Dobbs (27) had more td's than Allen (25).
INT's: Austin did lead here as well.

So lets see, of all the qb's returning, Austin has the most yards, the most td's, and the highest qbr, all while being under the most pressure but still pushing the ball further down field than any other qb in the SEC.

tophawg19

Hurts couldn't throw the ball . he would have been killed with our O-line . Those ''Experts'' don't see half these guys play except on TV . And anyone can do blogs , that don't mean you know what your talking about
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

have you ever checked their ranking accuracy? all they do is boost teams in high market areas . It's all about sales to them. As you said Stidham shouldn't even be listed. he is a total unknown, yer they still project him
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bennyl08

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 28, 2017, 03:00:25 pm
have you ever checked their ranking accuracy? all they do is boost teams in high market areas . It's all about sales to them. As you said Stidham shouldn't even be listed. he is a total unknown, yer they still project him

http://picksixpreviews.com/stassen-accuracy-ratings.html

daBoar

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 28, 2017, 10:36:31 am
..Yes he played in the SEC but 15 interceptions won't get you much praise in any conference.
Obviously, last year represented AA's first year as a starter.  While originating those 15 ints, he also performed to a 146 passing efficiency rating...well, beyond that achieved by his brother's first year.  And, 29th in the country; that was 3rd in the SEC behind two seniors.  AA was also #28 nationally in passing TDs (2nd in the SEC to a senior), #21 in passing yards (non spread offense, but tops in the SEC) and #19 in passing yards per completion (2nd in the SEC).  Pretty solid behind what most regard as an Oline with lots of holes, last season.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: daBoar on May 28, 2017, 03:24:07 pm
Obviously, last year represented AA's first year as a starter.  While originating those 15 ints, he also performed to a 146 passing efficiency rating...well, beyond that achieved by his brother's first year.  And, 29th in the country; that was 3rd in the SEC behind two seniors.  AA was also #28 nationally in passing TDs (2nd in the SEC to a senior), #21 in passing yards (non spread offense, but tops in the SEC) and #19 in passing yards per completion (2nd in the SEC).  Pretty solid behind what most regard as an Oline with lots of holes, last season.

Austin wasn't "great" last year but he was good considering the circumstances. He could have been better and I certainly expect that just like his older brother, he will make a significant jump in terms of measureable performance stats in his Senior season. But I also expect everyone else on both sides of the ball to play at a higher level and I think that will bode well for this team (and for AA) this coming season.
Go Hogs Go!

bob slydell

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 27, 2017, 02:08:02 pm
It would be interesting to know how our defense would have performed in the little 12 last season.

Giving up almost 600 yards to Kenny Hill and TCU would seem to be some indication that it wouldn't have fared very well.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bob Slydell on May 30, 2017, 10:17:18 am
Giving up almost 600 yards to Kenny Hill and TCU would seem to be some indication that it wouldn't have fared very well.

Oklahoma gave up 514 yards to TCU and won by 6 points. The same Oklahoma that beat Auburn 35-19 and allowed them just 339 total yards. So no, not really much an indication. TCU was a lot like us last year. A better team than the record indicated that was a bit "schizo" all season long. They either played great or they played unlike the team that they could have been last season. Probably not the best example.
Go Hogs Go!