Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10th Assistant news

Started by ricepig, February 14, 2017, 05:15:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

It appears Bielema knew what was stirring amongst the administrators.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Amendment-could-push-back-10th-assistant-coach-to-2018

My guess, both will pass, and the new assistant will start in January.

hogmolar

CBB mentioned this last week at Baxter Co Razorback Club dinner.  He said they told them Jan then pushed back to March but more than likely will not be until 2018.

He said he could see that position to be an assistant that worked with players Mon-Wed then left to hit the recruiting trail through Sat then back Sunday.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogmolar on February 14, 2017, 05:32:07 pm
CBB mentioned this last week at Baxter Co Razorback Club dinner.  He said they told them Jan then pushed back to March but more than likely will not be until 2018.

He said he could see that position to be an assistant that worked with players Mon-Wed then left to hit the recruiting trail through Sat then back Sunday.
so in otherwords said assistant will have no life
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: hogmolar on February 14, 2017, 05:32:07 pm

I believe he said they would be out recruiting on Friday/Friday night and coaching on Saturday with the team.

texas tush hog

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 14, 2017, 06:52:56 pm
so in otherwords said assistant will have no life

They get motorcycles instead

DeltaBoy

They will earn that paycheck for sure.  Road Hoggs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Oh yeah, having to be on the road Friday, Friday night and then Saturday for approximately 3 months each Fall would be killer.  They would be better off managing a fast food joint working 70 hours weekly year round for a fifth the money.

I personally hope the 10th assistant fails but it won't.  Football can afford all these coaches and Quality control managers but cannot pay the players or afford to pay travel, lodging and tickets for the parents to attend a couple of games annually. 

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: 12247 on February 16, 2017, 08:18:17 pm
Oh yeah, having to be on the road Friday, Friday night and then Saturday for approximately 3 months each Fall would be killer.  They would be better off managing a fast food joint working 70 hours weekly year round for a fifth the money.

I personally hope the 10th assistant fails but it won't.  Football can afford all these coaches and Quality control managers but cannot pay the players or afford to pay travel, lodging and tickets for the parents to attend a couple of games annually.

And who's going to monitor the payouts to the students or the extra benefits to the parents? Give an inch and someone will take a mile. You think teams that want to win by any means won't give extra benefits? Pandora's box needs to stay closed. You start paying players and college football becomes the NFL.

FANONTHEHILL

February 18, 2017, 09:29:27 am #10 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:19:37 pm by FANONTHEHILL

Currently the cost of attendance allowance for Razorback football players on scholarship is $4500 per year.  Their scholarship provides tuition, room and board (most take the monetary option and get an rental after their freshman year), and books.

Parents are not assisted with travel expenses, but we are provided with four tickets to each regular season game and six for the bowl.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

LZH

I just improper benefits....

MuskogeeHogFan

Lots of ordinary working people who are not connected with a P-5 football program put 80 hours or more into their salaried positions every week and are on the road more often and for longer periods of time. Being gone Thursday night through Saturday night or Friday through Saturday night isn't that big of a deal.
Go Hogs Go!

RazrRila99

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 18, 2017, 09:29:27 am
Currently the cost of attendance allowance for Razorback football players on scholarship is $4500 per year.  Their scholarship provides tuition, room and board (most take the monetary option and get an rental after their freshman year), and books.

Parents are not assisted with travel expenses, but we are provided with four tickets to each regular season game and six for the bowl.

Thanks for this insight.  I wondered what the "Cost of Attendance" stipend was.  You Sir are a true benefit to Hogville.  Thank you for all the insight you provide.  Please continue keeping us straight.