Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is coaching special teams?

Started by Hoggie225, February 13, 2017, 11:04:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie225

Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but who is coaching special teams? Will the new rules allow us to hire a 10th assistant as a special teams coach, or will it be added to someone's responsibilities?

Pig in the Pokey

The Big one in the flip flops. Oh, yeah, that still doesn't tell you who.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkRinds

The new DL coach does have experience as ST coordinator. My best guess is that if we are allowed a 10th coach you maybsee someone who is a stud recruiter take over as ST coordinator and focus on that and recruiting. Partridge would be a great choice for such a role.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dropkick

Why not just hire Partridge as a consultant until we get that extra spot

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on February 13, 2017, 02:49:20 pm
Because I assume that would be considered a coaching job and put his buyout payment into jeopardy.

lilRockNDubb

It will be by committee until April when 10th coach is voted in.

ricepig

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 13, 2017, 03:07:26 pm
It will be by committee until April when 10th coach is voted in.

Who may not join the staffs until next January. Do you think we can wait until then?

colbs

Quote from: Dropkick on February 13, 2017, 02:49:20 pm
If Partridge is who BB wants if/when the 10th assistant is approved then he is probably just waiting till it gets approved.  Like Rice said he would probably lose his buyout if he took a consulting position.  I think his buyout pays $200k a year so maybe they could pay him $250k until approved.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on February 13, 2017, 03:16:13 pm
If Partridge is who BB wants if/when the 10th assistant is approved then he is probably just waiting till it gets approved.  Like Rice said he would probably lose his buyout if he took a consulting position.  I think his buyout pays $200k a year so maybe they could pay him $250k until approved.

His buyout is $1M. It goes to $200,000 if he "quickly" accepts another coaching position. Obviously, it's something that is up for debate on what is considered "quickly". I'm sure he and his lawyer, and FAU's have it down.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2017, 03:13:27 pm
Who may not join the staffs until next January. Do you think we can wait until then?

An extra coach would seemingly mean an extra recruiter. I wouldn't think Bielema would wait until January.

ricepig

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 13, 2017, 03:52:41 pm
An extra coach would seemingly mean an extra recruiter. I wouldn't think Bielema would wait until January.

He doesn't get to decide when to hire the 10th coach. The NCAA may approve it in April, more than likely with a January 1st, 2018 start date.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2017, 03:22:57 pm
His buyout is $1M. It goes to $200,000 if he "quickly" accepts another coaching position. Obviously, it's something that is up for debate on what is considered "quickly". I'm sure he and his lawyer, and FAU's have it down.

If I read his contract correctly 20 weeks.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2017, 03:56:00 pm
He doesn't get to decide when to hire the 10th coach. The NCAA may approve it in April, more than likely with a January 1st, 2018 start date.

Last I saw if voted in it would go into affect for 2017 season. As would the early signing period.

ricepig

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 13, 2017, 04:31:27 pm
Last I saw if voted in it would go into affect for 2017 season. As would the early signing period.

You obviously didn't listen to our head coach talk about it in one of his PC'S. He said he thought it would pass, but that they would delay it's start time until January. Two lines of reasoning, taking coaches off of existing staffs during spring drills, or taking coaches from FCS lower leg schools and putting them into scramble mode for hiring coaches.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Bielema-looking-to-fill-spot-on-coaching-staff-51039168

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2017, 04:54:28 pm
You obviously didn't listen to our head coach talk about it in one of his PC'S. He said he thought it would pass, but that they would delay it's start time until January. Two lines of reasoning, taking coaches off of existing staffs during spring drills, or taking coaches from FCS lower leg schools and putting them into scramble mode for hiring coaches.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Bielema-looking-to-fill-spot-on-coaching-staff-51039168

Yes I remember. But the article doesn't mention January.. and the 10th coach "could" be implimented as early as July according to other reports.

goodguytex

More than likely, our staff is set for the year.

Quickdraw

Who's coaching special team? Bobby Boucher.

buldozer

Quote from: Hoggie225 on February 13, 2017, 11:04:05 am
Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but who is coaching special teams?

If its like the past, then no one......

Arthur pigby sellers.

oldfart

typically the entire staff is involved with a coordinator and then divided into various teams ie kickoff coverage, kickoff returns, punt coverage punt returns etc.. 

Cmheinley

Do strength training coaches count in the tally for total coaches?

ricepig