Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bsking

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:12:19 pm
I guess 99% of all college stadiums are even crappier then, right?

Compared to Baum, no offense, but FSU's field and stadium are pretty crappy.  I only say that because although FSU was a 1 seed, every other factor (Bid, attendance, weather, exposure, ability to play baseball) favored playing it in Fayetteville.  It was a bad choice by the NCAA and if anyone cant realize that, then i dont really care.

razorbackfan86

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 05, 2009, 03:14:35 pm
I have to pick my wife up something to eat from Flying Burrito.

Can you pick up something for me too?  Just ship it to Iowa.  I miss Flying Burrito! 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hawgin84

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:14:55 pm

I am not arguing with you. I understand how everything is picked. I am just making a point to one of the politcal experts. Nothing more.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: yraciv on June 05, 2009, 03:15:44 pm
You haven't been around long enough.  Go over to jump ball and entertain yourself with I just steven hill.  It's an overplayed joke that has it's own thread, and won't seem to die, although it was pretty funny for the first month.

I've seen the original meme.  That's what I was referring to.  I think it started on 4chan.  I didn't realize there was a thread on here about the very same meme, but I thought it was funny that someone else knew it.

bokid12

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on June 05, 2009, 03:07:13 pm
I just espnu.

Beat me to it, so I just ESPNews.

Anyone have Uverse?

I just ESPN1a
I just ESPN2a
I just....

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 03:16:58 pm
Compared to Baum, no offense, but FSU's field and stadium are pretty crappy.  I only say that because although FSU was a 1 seed, every other factor (Bid, attendance, weather, exposure, ability to play baseball) favored playing it in Fayetteville.  It was a bad choice by the NCAA and if anyone cant realize that, then i dont really care.

If by 'every other factor', you mean 'every other factor that had nothing to do with the results compiled throughout the course of the season', then yeah, I agree.

woopig22

is there anywhere you can watch it on the internet besides [CENSORED].com if you dont have espnu like we were able to last weekend

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: woopig22 on June 05, 2009, 03:19:55 pm
is there anywhere you can watch it on the internet besides [CENSORED].com if you dont have espnu like we were able to last weekend

do you get espn360?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Hawgin84 on June 05, 2009, 03:17:37 pm
I am not arguing with you. I understand how everything is picked. I am just making a point to one of the politcal experts. Nothing more.

Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood.  I thought it was funny how the NCAA selection process was compared as a microcosm of our country's problems.  A lot like how sheep's bladders can be used to determine climate patterns, a la The Holy Grail.

Clint Alan

Quote from: woopig22 on June 05, 2009, 03:19:55 pm

try channelsurfing.net

or maybe even the Fla State website
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Fisticuffs

FSU's stadium doesn't even compare to Baum but neither does any other in college baseball. Baum is the best in the nation. The problem I have is the attendance. How much does that venue seat?? 7 or 8 thousand? And they fill maybe 50%... If the game was in Fville there would be record attendance no question, 12,000+

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: yraciv on June 05, 2009, 03:15:44 pm
You haven't been around long enough.  Go over to jump ball and entertain yourself with I just steven hill.  It's an overplayed joke that has it's own thread, and won't seem to die, although it was pretty funny for the first month.

I don't know man, I still think that joke is funny too this day.

bsking

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:19:17 pm
If by 'every other factor', you mean 'every other factor that had nothing to do with the results compiled throughout the course of the season', then yeah, I agree.

I mean every other factor that determines who gets to host.

John Futrall

imhogwild2

Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Fisticuffs on June 05, 2009, 03:21:07 pm
FSU's stadium doesn't even compare to Baum but neither does any other in college baseball. Baum is the best in the nation. The problem I have is the attendance. How much does that venue seat?? 7 or 8 thousand? And they fill maybe 50%... If the game was in Fville there would be record attendance no question, 12,000+

I imagine all the rain + a midday start had something to do with it.  Let's hope for better weather tomorrow so we can see some good baseball and a good crowd.

Arkapigdiesel

Chief_Osceola, you're good people.  Enjoy your posts.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

woopig22

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 03:22:18 pm
I mean every other factor that determines who gets to host.

Which was almost entirely subjective.  How a team performs throughout the season isn't.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:22:31 pm
I imagine all the rain + a midday start had something to do with it.  Let's hope for better weather tomorrow so we can see some good baseball and a good crowd.
Yea with Florida rain... RECORD ATTENDANCE. no question. Thats arkansas fans for you

mj4president

Sorry, but we play in a nice stadium where fans care about out baseball. We stand up and sing to the AMERICAN flag. Not a bunch of maple syrup [CENSORED]. Your stadium as my DS used to always says to my platoon is dick soup. What's that place hold 4,000? If you saw that many people at Baum we would be playing Florida St when it was an all girls school school and it would be about 10 degrees.

Check it. This is what we show up with to super regionals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifw-y_0orf0

(This is all in good fun, Chief Osceloa has been a good addition to the hogville board)
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: woopig22 on June 05, 2009, 03:23:32 pm
no i dont get espn360

Does your provider not offer ESPNU?  It probably costs a few extra dollars, but you can always call and cancel it after the game.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 05, 2009, 03:23:08 pm
Chief_Osceola, you're good people.  Enjoy your posts.

Haha, thanks man.  I just hope my sarcasm and attempt at wit doesn't rub people the wrong way.  It's all in good fun.

bsking

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:24:21 pm
Which was almost entirely subjective.  How a team performs throughout the season isn't.

The $ amounts that each team bids is subjective?  The fact that your stadium holds 1/2 of what ours does is subjective?  Ask anyone from florida if a chance of rain in June is subjective.

Chris Ryan

rightdp

I don't believe your stadim is crappy.  Probably still was of the nicer ones overall.  As a matter of fact, we as fans (especially our student section) should consider it a challenge next year to earn the rep that FSU's student section has.  Those guys are loud.

What I am disappointed in is the lack of draining ability of the field.  I know that Baum can withstand hours and hours of rain and you'll never see standing water.

lahawg1

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:20:40 pm
Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood.  I thought it was funny how the NCAA selection process was compared as a microcosm of our country's problems.  A lot like how sheep's bladders can be used to determine climate patterns, a la The Holy Grail.
Leave it to a FSU supporter to bring up "Sheep"

Clint Alan

HEY GUYS, LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS A GAME THREAD, AND NOT A PISSING CONTEST ON WHOSE STADIUM IS THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, AND BRIGHTEST.

THERE ARE THREADS WHERE THIS BICKERING HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR DAYS.

LETS TRY NOT TO DE-RAIL THE MOJO OF THIS THREAD.

THANKS, IM HEADED TO FLYING BURRITO.
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

jst01

well, I'm pissed and in a bad mood now. F this day and its weather. crap.

HOGSWEAT

coach, my back hurts

jst01

Quote from: AR Taco04 on June 05, 2009, 03:29:22 pm
Game start at 530 EST? or CST?

just watch the weather. When it begins to flood in Florida, the game will be about to start...

Clint Alan

GAME WILL RESUME @ 5:30 CST ESPNU

HOGS LEAD, 2-1 BTM 5TH, 0 OUTS, RUNNERS ON 1ST & 2ND

Hawgrox

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 05, 2009, 03:28:27 pm
HEY GUYS, LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS A GAME THREAD, AND NOT A PISSING CONTEST ON WHOSE STADIUM IS THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, AND BRIGHTEST.

THERE ARE THREADS WHERE THIS BICKERING HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR DAYS.

LETS TRY NOT TO DE-RAIL THE MOJO OF THIS THREAD.

THANKS, IM HEADED TO FLYING BURRITO.

GOTCHA BROTHER!!!!!!!!! :)

jdhogster

Rugby on ESPNu right now.  Why don't these guys just play football....they would be unreal linebackers...and some of them could take spots as kickers incase yours got hurt

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: Hog Milanese on June 05, 2009, 03:10:39 pm
Their stadium is crappy, anyway. They should pray for a hurricane, get a new ballpark that holds more than 50 people.

I assume you're kidding. You do realize that FSU has one of the nicer ball parks in the country, right? Baum is nicer and bigger, but that doesn't change the fact that FSU has a top ten stadium.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: jdhogster on June 05, 2009, 03:32:41 pm
Rugby on ESPNu right now.  Why don't these guys just play football....they would be unreal linebackers...and some of them could take spots as kickers incase yours got hurt

but rugby is where the real $$$$ is.  lol

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: mj4president on June 05, 2009, 03:25:06 pm
Sorry, but we play in a nice stadium where fans care about out baseball. We stand up and sing to the AMERICAN flag. Not a bunch of maple syrup ******. Your stadium as my DS used to always says to my platoon is dick soup. What's that place hold 4,000? If you saw that many people at Baum we would be playing Florida St when it was an all girls school school and it would be about 10 degrees.

Check it. This is what we show up with to super regionals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifw-y_0orf0

(This is all in good fun, Chief Osceloa has been a good addition to the hogville board)

I've never disputed that Baum Stadium is probably the best college baseball stadium in the country.  Every college baseball fan would admit that if they're really being honest with themselves.  Any program should envy the level of support the Razorback baseball receives.  However, I don't think you can accurately judge FSU's level of support based on the attendance of one game in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of a monsoon.  Wait and see what it looks like tomorrow with better weather and it being the weekend.  Our stadium holds ~6700 BTW.

Now to trade barbs:

So you don't like the Canadians; that's fine.  What's next, you don't like Jews because the Animals occassionally sing the Neil Diamond classic 'Sweet Caroline'?

And, the fact that FSU has been a co-ed university for just a little over the past half-century is a testament to how well the athletic programs have progressed.  We love to use the fact that the crocs down in Gainesville have been around twice as long, but have only 1 more national championship than we do in football.

jst01

Quote from: jdhogster on June 05, 2009, 03:32:41 pm

are Rugby players fast? they look like they would average a 5.0 forty time. They are tough as hell, but never seem to be fast and break into open space.

jdhogster

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on June 05, 2009, 03:33:59 pm
but rugby is where the real $$$$ is.  lol

Yeah, the good ones go on to sign multi-million $$$ contracts if they are the first pick in the NRL draft.

Hogz87

Quote from: Hawgin84 on June 05, 2009, 03:12:43 pm

Since weather is a factor this time of year, every year in Florida, it probably should be looked at. Maybe that's why our country is in such deep doo doo today because the ones running our companies and our country do not take all factors into consideration. It really isn't a hard concept.

By that logic, no school in Florida should ever be allowed to host a regional or super regional.  You're comparing the tough decisions to our country's problems to selecting a site for a super regional in college baseball?  Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on June 05, 2009, 03:05:34 pm
depending on your provider, usually you can call them up and have it activated instantly

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna look into that. I hope it comes in HD.

jst01

Quote from: Hogz87 on June 05, 2009, 03:36:05 pm
By that logic, no school in Florida should ever be allowed to host a regional or super regional.  You're comparing the tough decisions to our country's problems to selecting a site for a super regional in college baseball?  Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

They should have started the game at 7pm in the first place. Afternoons in Florida are like that all the time, everyone knows it. Most of the time, the storms and rain are gone by sunset and the nights are great! no need to play a noon game in Florida when the rain chance is 75% every day between May-September.

HogFan1994

Quote from: UAalumUALRlaw on June 05, 2009, 03:36:56 pm
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna look into that. I hope it comes in HD.
yes, they will be able to put it on while you are still on the phone.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 03:26:13 pm
The $ amounts that each team bids is subjective?  The fact that your stadium holds 1/2 of what ours does is subjective?  Ask anyone from florida if a chance of rain in June is subjective.

Re-read - "almost entirely".  Yes, trying to predict the weather is subjective.  Exposure is the same regardless of venue.  Everyone who would have watched the game in Fayetteville was also watching with it being in Tallahassee, unless ESPN is no longer a national network.  Like I said, you can't just throw out on the field results.  Do you think it's unfair that UF gets to host?  After all, they're in Florida too.

Hawgin84

Quote from: Hogz87 on June 05, 2009, 03:36:05 pm

You take yourself and a message board way too seriously!  ;D Have a great day!

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Hawg2011 on June 05, 2009, 03:29:13 pm
Actually, really it wasn't a meme..and also wasn't something that originated from 4chan and moved here.

This was more of a homegrown hogville thing, that grew out of control. I guess it's Hogville's own meme.

I'm sure it might have happened somewhere else, but it wasn't brought from there to here :D.

Sorry, should have clarified - "I just ____" is a meme.  The first time I saw it was over at 4chan.

Hogz87

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 03:16:58 pm

Yeah, because it makes perfect sense to ignore everything the two teams accomplish on the field during the season, and just let the team with the better stadium and facilities host.  That makes perfect sense!

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:34:02 pm
I've never disputed that Baum Stadium is probably the best college baseball stadium in the country.  Every college baseball fan would admit that if they're really being honest with themselves.  Any program should envy the level of support the Razorback baseball receives.  However, I don't think you can accurately judge FSU's level of support based on the attendance of one game in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of a monsoon.  Wait and see what it looks like tomorrow with better weather and it being the weekend.  Our stadium holds ~6700 BTW.

Now to trade barbs:

So you don't like the Canadians; that's fine.  What's next, you don't like Jews because the Animals occassionally sing the Neil Diamond classic 'Sweet Caroline'?

And, the fact that FSU has been a co-ed university for just a little over the past half-century is a testament to how well the athletic programs have progressed.  We love to use the fact that the crocs down in Gainesville have been around twice as long, but have only 1 more national championship than we do in football.

I hate "Sweet Caroline".  It makes me want to scream and find a blackboard to drag my fingernails across.    :puke: