Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 sided, 6 sided, or 8 sided...WTH?

Started by hellrazor, July 14, 2006, 01:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hellrazor

Kurt Angle, before One Night Stand, issued an open challenge to any one from a 4 sided, 6 sided, or 8 sided ring.

Daniel Puder wanted to answer it.

The UFC felt the WWE was taking a shot at them. They issued a statement to the press that from now on they are going to start standing up to WWE.

I didn't hear anything about TNA after Angle's challenge.  They probably knew it was a work.

But this week, on TNA, Rhino did a shoot promo about Vince and the new ECW where he (supposedly) burned the old ECW World and TV titles. He then issued an 'extreme' challenge to anyone from a 4, 6 or 8 sided ring...

Does anyone believe or even care about these challenges?   ???
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

Rooka

Quote from: hellrazor on July 14, 2006, 01:07:19 pm
Kurt Angle, before One Night Stand, issued an open challenge to any one from a 4 sided, 6 sided, or 8 sided ring.

The UFC felt the WWE was taking a shot at them. They issued a statement to the press that from now on they are going to start standing up to WWE.

I didn't hear anything about TNA after Angle's challenge.  They probably knew it was a work.

But this week, on TNA, Rhino did a shoot promo about Vince and the new ECW where he (supposedly) burned the old ECW World and TV titles. He then issued an 'extreme' challenge to anyone from a 4, 6 or 8 sided ring...

Does anyone believe or even care about these challenges?   ???
Not really, TNA will never face someone from WWE and vice versa, kind of stupid how they issue the challenges because it would never happen.

dmhog v2.0

July 14, 2006, 09:00:19 pm #2 Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 09:02:46 pm by dmhog v2.0
Quote from: Death by Hog on July 14, 2006, 08:44:09 pm

Not really, TNA will never face someone from WWE and vice versa, kind of stupid how they issue the challenges because it would never happen.

Bischoff did this stuff back in the day. There was a PPV where Bischoff issued a challenge to McMahon to show up in his ring for that PPV. Of course Vince wasn't going to show up. Ratings driver, I guess.

I was a little shocked to hear the TNA challenge to an 8-sided ring, too. I thought they were sort of teaming up with UFC in the ratings battle with WWE.

pioneerhog

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on July 14, 2006, 09:00:19 pm

Bischoff did this stuff back in the day. There was a PPV where Bischoff issued a challenge to McMahon to show up in his ring for that PPV. Of course Vince wasn't going to show up. Ratings driver, I guess.

I was a little shocked to hear the TNA challenge to an 8-sided ring, too. I thought they were sort of teaming up with UFC in the ratings battle with WWE.
Maybe they are working something up with UFC to have one of their fighters take up the challenge. That would help carry over a lot of the UFC fans to TNA.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 14, 2006, 09:35:19 pm

Maybe they are working something up with UFC to have one of their fighters take up the challenge. That would help carry over a lot of the UFC fans to TNA.

All 20 of their TV fans? (not talking about their PPV fans)
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

pioneerhog

Quote from: TorsinAHog on July 14, 2006, 09:58:43 pm

Well I thought it was 21 but yeah.

hellrazor

Vince would have beat Bischoffs ass.   I remember the DX army too. WCW said they were going to invade a show to respond, and Vince was gonna let them...     Nothing in the business happens unless it's a work.

Quote from: TorsinAHog on July 14, 2006, 09:58:43 pm

My thoughts exactly.  If they start something with UFC, they will be fighting over such a little of the market share trhat it would be stupid. And, the only thing they'd accomplish is giving pro wrestling a bad name.  From what I've seen UFC fans don't like wrasslin'.   Personally, I think UFC is just a work too, but whatever... ya know?   
I also think that Rhyno (or Rhino) was the wrong person to make that challenge.   

If anybody, it should have been Samoa Joe...

TNA boasts that they are 'changing the face of pro wrestling' or whatever, but all I see is a bunch of crusier wieghts doing different modifications of the head scissors (and maybe a plancha here and there).. I think they are hurting pro wrestling... Some people may like to see the high flying, but it's just like a movie with bad acting- you have to create a car crash scene just for someone to watch it...

Somoa Joe is the real avant garde. He's a wrestler..   And, I believe that styles in his likeness could draw a much larger cross over audience.

But anyways, I think all that challenge amounted to was match against Monty Brown at the next ppv..     
Aren't they pretty much the same character:
Rhyno v. the Serengeti's Alpha Male?
Gore v. the Pounce
Always wet, long-haired, white guy  v.  Always wet, bald-headed, black guy
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hellrazor

Damn it...    it looks like Samoa Joe is the one that will answer Rhino's 'extreme' challenge...

:puke:

Rooka

July 17, 2006, 10:08:40 pm #8 Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:19:09 pm by Death by Hog
how do you know? If it was from spoilers please do not share again without labeling spoilers, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but I am not a fan of spoilers.(Except SD, because I don't get to see it, thats the only exception.)

hellrazor

Rooka

It's fine, no harm done.   ;D Keep up the updates though, I have really enjoyed this board since you came back.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hellrazor on July 14, 2006, 11:04:46 pmVince would have beat Bischoffs ass.

I'm not so sure.  Isn't Bisch a legit black belt, or is that a work?

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 19, 2006, 11:22:47 am
Quote from: hellrazor on July 14, 2006, 11:04:46 pmVince would have beat Bischoffs ass.

I'm not so sure.  Isn't Bisch a legit black belt, or is that a work?

legit

hellrazor

What's funny is that ECW's tv ratings (even with the change in time) are about 2.2.
TNA's ratings are about half that.