Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 Days without a single post by anyone on this board

Started by hogfan064, August 11, 2010, 07:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

This is by far a record for this forum.

I don't have anything to say about WWE right now either, but found it strange that nobody out there did.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

The NEXUS crap along with the internet GM is getting really tired and predictable. 

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hawgknockers

Nexus crap is horrible.  GM crap is horrible.  It is the perfect time for TNA to make a move, hopefully TNA will make a strong push and make things interesting.

Thunderhog Jr

I really don't see TNA doing anything new either. Just reviving old stories from WCW, just new characters.
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hvsupastar

I guess I don't hate the nexus angle as much as everyone else does
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on August 11, 2010, 08:32:01 am
I really don't see TNA doing anything new either. Just reviving old stories from WCW, just new characters.

But isn't that what wrestling is, rehashing storylines and maybe adding a little twist?  I mean, what can possibly be done in 2010 that we have not seen a version of? Nexus is just a takeover angle in WWE that we have seen done time and time again. It looks like TNA is going to run a ECW vs TNA storyline, but if done correctly, using new TNA talent, could be really good. I emphasize COULD BE, so we will have to wait and see.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Nexus at and after Summerslam also. That whole angle could take a new direction depending on who wins between Nexus and Cena's team.

toshortrock

well,,nexus is not to bad,,but the general manager thing needs something done,,is gettin old
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Richard_white

WWE is at a point of being predictable and boring.  Man I like seeing Bret Hart but he has no business being in the ring.  I would love to see him with Hart Dynasty a lot longer than a week or two. 

The GM is a joke.  It reminds me of the days when WWE bought out WCW and after a year they created Katie Vick.

The NEXUS is a joke because there isn't one guy you can take seriously. 

It's a shame that WCW2 can not get out of old used up storylines.

jbell96

To everyone bagging on NEXUS, why is it so bad that they are pushing younger guys to establish them as future stars? Sure the angle hasn't been that great, but there is nothing wrong with trying to build new stars for the future.

LVW

Everyone is bashing the Nexus angle; Jericho gives it his seal of approval and remember- he doesn't pander to us hypocrites, haha.
Van_the_man_Unusual

width=250 height=156]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8279/chapman.jpg

hogfan064

Quote from: jbell96 on August 11, 2010, 10:02:28 pm
To everyone bagging on NEXUS, why is it so bad that they are pushing younger guys to establish them as future stars? Sure the angle hasn't been that great, but there is nothing wrong with trying to build new stars for the future.

I've always believed the best way to push new guys in a group is to surround them with a good group of veterans.  Look at how Orton and Batista did after Evolution.  That was a good mix between the companies top guy at the time(HHH), a legend(Flair), and 2 future superstars(Batista and Orton).

Sheamus has gotten the biggest push of any new guy in a long time and he has been able to do it all on his own. 

This is just an awful invasion angle that isn't being taken seriously. 

A Cena heel turn would draw plenty of interest, but WWEPG won't let that happen.  Christian needs to be a headliner, but for some reason this isn't happening.  Hart coming back was great for all his fans, but he can't wrestle and he's average at best on the mic. 

hydrophonic

I haven't watched weekly TV wrestling in years, but if the Nexus angle is so terrible then why are people telling me that the pop in Raw's main event this week caused the hard cam to shake?
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Richard_white

Quote from: jbell96 on August 11, 2010, 10:02:28 pm

Honestly, I don't know any of the NEXUS name except for Barrett.  The others have nothing to offer.  You forget, WWE is all about entertainment, not wrestling.  TNA has better wrestlers, they lack creativity outside the ring.

In about a 6 months, I'll be surprised to see 1 if not any of them left in the WWE.

dhornjr1

I checked this out at Blockbuster last week.

It was better than anything on TV today.

jbell96

Quote from: Richard_white on August 12, 2010, 01:36:59 pm
Honestly, I don't know any of the NEXUS name except for Barrett.  The others have nothing to offer.  You forget, WWE is all about entertainment, not wrestling.  TNA has better wrestlers, they lack creativity outside the ring.

In about a 6 months, I'll be surprised to see 1 if not any of them left in the WWE.

I haven't watched Raw in 2 months and can tell you who everyone in NEXUS is. Of course I watched every episode of the 1st season of NXT. Not everyone of them will be a top star, but all of them have the potential to be solid hands in the years to come.

Richard_white

Quote from: jbell96 on August 12, 2010, 09:48:50 pm
I haven't watched Raw in 2 months and can tell you who everyone in NEXUS is. Of course I watched every episode of the 1st season of NXT. Not everyone of them will be a top star, but all of them have the potential to be solid hands in the years to come.

Good for you.  Thank goodness their contract isn't more than a year. 

dhornjr1

Quote from: jbell96 on August 12, 2010, 09:48:50 pm

That's kinda funny. I have watched at least parts of Raw the last few weeks and I couldn't name one of the Nexus.

TomasPistola

Wrestling was doomed the day Vince bought WCW. But it was heading down the crapper about a year before that.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hvsupastar

When Vince bought WCW, it was the worst wrestling show in history. Way worse than wwe or tna today
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on August 11, 2010, 07:39:03 am

The NEXUS crap along with the internet GM is getting really tired and predictable. 

This +1
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room