Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 questions that just came to me

Started by hogfan064, June 26, 2007, 11:16:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

1. Who else had forgotten Benoit's first world title came in WCW and not WWF?  Remember he won the WCW title and a day later left for WWE

2. Anyone else be curious to know what Kevin Sullivan is thinking today?

Bomis Hawg

A lot went around his WCW title.  You are right, though.
I hoped that (before information had came out) that Kevin Sullivan had nothing to do with it.  I still hope not.
Not sure how long Nancy and Kevin were married.

Funny, even that fued was well played out.  They made Benoit go through everything to get to Sullivan.
Then, they tore up every arena they were at.  Turned out to be entertaining.

Jim

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 26, 2007, 11:16:49 am

That thought had crossed my mind when I heard the news last night.  You never knew if Sullivan still had a huge grudge or something and just went off on Benoit literally and all hell broke loose.  However, the more I read, the more it seemed to lean toward a murder-suicide.

My heart just breaks for that little boy.

Another thought I had was how far will Vince take his "death" now that the WWE has suffered two legitimate losses in 2 weeks.  Will he scrap the angle altogether?  I don't think the fans would really object too much and besides the fact I thought it was a ridiculous angle to begin with, it might be a good op for VKM to sort of "wipe the slate" and start somethings back up completely new.

hogfan064

Quote from: Jim on June 26, 2007, 11:32:14 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on June 26, 2007, 11:16:49 am

That thought had crossed my mind when I heard the news last night.  You never knew if Sullivan still had a huge grudge or something and just went off on Benoit literally and all hell broke loose.  However, the more I read, the more it seemed to lean toward a murder-suicide.

My heart just breaks for that little boy.

Another thought I had was how far will Vince take his "death" now that the WWE has suffered two legitimate losses in 2 weeks.  Will he scrap the angle altogether?  I don't think the fans would really object too much and besides the fact I thought it was a ridiculous angle to begin with, it might be a good op for VKM to sort of "wipe the slate" and start somethings back up completely new.

The first time I thought it might be a murder/suicide is when I heard Chavo talk last night.  Chavo said Benoit told him "I love you and take care" when they last talked.  To me it sounded as if Benoit was telling him goodbye. 

As for the Mcmahon angle.  I think they should just not mention it and keep Vince off air for a long time.  He doesn't need to be shown on air.  Have him make his first appearance at the "Tribute to the Troops" show.   And then keep him off the air some more. 

Bomis Hawg

After a little research, they divorced in 1997.  Soon there after, she was engaged to Chris.  Kevin retired to focus on booking after his fued with Benoit.  She quit wrestling when she refused to be topless in a fued. 

Hard feelings?  Not sure if there would be some ten years later.  Then, again, wrestlers seem to hold grudges longer than a normal person.  I bet he is just as saddened for his former wife and rival.

hogfan064

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on June 26, 2007, 11:37:57 am
After a little research, they divorced in 1997.  Soon there after, she was engaged to Chris.  Kevin retired to focus on booking after his fued with Benoit.  She quit wrestling when she refused to be topless in a fued. 

Hard feelings?  Not sure if there would be some ten years later.  Then, again, wrestlers seem to hold grudges longer than a normal person.  I bet he is just as saddened for his former wife and rival.

At no time did I ever think Sullivan did it.  10 years is a long time.  At first I blamed it on a criminal that knew Benoit had some $$ and killed the family after a break in.  Since this happened near Atlanta I wasn't shocked.  But the Chavo interview got me thinking.  I didn't hear the announcement until about 6:00 on the radio. 

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 26, 2007, 11:36:49 amAs for the Mcmahon angle.  I think they should just not mention it and keep Vince off air for a long time.  He doesn't need to be shown on air.  Have him make his first appearance at the "Tribute to the Troops" show.   And then keep him off the air some more.

I get the impression that I enjoy Vince's performances more than most here, but I agree.  I'd like to see Vince stay low from here on out.  If they'd just use him for one short program a year, he would be the biggest face in the company.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 26, 2007, 11:53:49 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on June 26, 2007, 11:36:49 amAs for the Mcmahon angle.  I think they should just not mention it and keep Vince off air for a long time.  He doesn't need to be shown on air.  Have him make his first appearance at the "Tribute to the Troops" show.   And then keep him off the air some more.

I get the impression that I enjoy Vince's performances more than most here, but I agree.  I'd like to see Vince stay low from here on out.  If they'd just use him for one short program a year, he would be the biggest face in the company.

I enjoy Vince, but he shouldn't be the focus of attention on the show.  The world champ should be.  We've all seen the "Vince vs Top Face" angle before.  I don't know if there is anything else we can see Vince do.

Think about all the feuds he's had

Austin-Steve caused trouble for the boss

Taker-Kidnapped Stephanie

HHH-Married Steph

HBK-Shawn wasn't what VInce wanted him to be

Shane-Several feuds here

Flair-Ric was part owner of WWE

Trish-Vince made her do humiliating things

Linda-Vince was having an affair with Trish

Lashley-Vince wanted the ECW title and hair/hair

Trump-Hair/Hair

What angle with Vince is left?

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 26, 2007, 12:00:08 pmWhat angle with Vince is left?

The "protector of all that is good in wrestling."  He is only heel when he's been on TV too much.  When he has been off TV for 4+ months and makes a return he gets the biggest pop of the night.  His appearances should be rare and he should stay face.

Let Shane take over the "Mr. McMahon" character if it has to be done.
"The future sucks." "Change it."