Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Donnie Tyndall

Started by -Blu, March 26, 2015, 03:04:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 52m52 minutes ago
Latest info I've received is that Tennessee will have an announcement on Donnie Tyndall tomorrow. Prognostication is still not good.

What does this mean?  Suspension or could he possibly be out?

Razorpigg

Hmmmm.... Interesting to say the least.  Sure thought he did well with what he had to work with.  Not sure what this is about?

Nevermind I see now. Yea it does not look good for Mr. Tyndall.  Hmmm any idea who they would pursue?  Marshall is gonna field a lot of phone calls when he gets done in the dance.

Cresthog

He done.

TENNER is screwed. Too bad Vandy is going to be a tough win.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Buck Brewer

He is about to get hit from the violations while he was coach at Southern Miss.

TNhawgfan

They were saying on the local radio yesterday Tennessee needed to go ahead and make decision because if they wait until July or August to see what NCAA says, there won't be any good coaches on the market if a change is needed. Could this be TN's way of being proactive?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Danny J

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 26, 2015, 03:16:44 pm
They were saying on the local radio yesterday Tennessee needed to go ahead and make decision because if they wait until July or August to see what NCAA says, there won't be any good coaches on the market if a change is needed. Could this be TN's way of being proactive?
I know I would especially after the Pearl fiasco.

passinghog

:)
Couldn't happen to a better bunch

The_Iceman

Tennessee has a lot of potential as a program. Good recruiting base, facilities, and support. If they get a good coach who can stay there and provide stability, they will be a tough program to face.

WilsonHog

Karma for their fans running off Cuonzo Martin.

Hawg Red

I would suspect "not good" to mean that he's going to be terminated.

Biggus Piggus

Did the guy mean "prognosis" perhaps?

[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 26, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
Karma for their fans running off Cuonzo Martin.

What a mistake that was!

Biggus Piggus

Here is the story going around Nashville:

Donnie Tyndall (who had a brush with the NCAA when he was at Morehead State) did some illegal things to get players in school at Southern Miss. Nobody has exactly what the story is -- sounds like not a show-cause but a combination of part-season suspension and scholarship reduction that would follow Tyndall -- whoever employed him would suffer the scholarship cut for a year or two.

Not sure men's basketball is going to get an AD fired at Tennessee, but sheesh what a cluster.
[CENSORED]!

WizardofhOgZ

According to this story, the "power people" at UT are fully behind Tyndall . . . and unless the infractions are more severe than expected, they want to keep him in Knoxville.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25123833/tennessee-to-be-told-of-allegations-against-donnie-tyndall-on-thursday

yraciv

I'm thinking it's a self imposed on Tyndall, which allows him to keep his job and the NCAA to not come down on him as hard.  I'd be perfectly happy with this! Think the guy is a sleezeball and not great, so I don't think UT going much of anywhere with him.

UKChamps

Quote from: yraciv on March 26, 2015, 04:30:22 pm
I'm thinking it's a self imposed on Tyndall, which allows him to keep his job and the NCAA to not come down on him as hard.  I'd be perfectly happy with this! Think the guy is a sleezeball and not great, so I don't think UT going much of anywhere with him.

Xs and Os wise, he is a good coach.  He got a late start in recruiting and still finished at .500.  The sanctions hanging over his head have affected his recruiting and with Richardson leaving next year is shaping up to be a dumpster fire for them.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 26, 2015, 04:22:22 pm
According to this story, the "power people" at UT are fully behind Tyndall . . . and unless the infractions are more severe than expected, they want to keep him in Knoxville.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25123833/tennessee-to-be-told-of-allegations-against-donnie-tyndall-on-thursday

Yeah. This is stale.
[CENSORED]!

870hogfan

"@GaryParrishCBS: Donnie Tyndall will be fired as Tennessee's basketball coach, a source told @CBSSports. Story coming.

UKChamps

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 27, 2015, 06:51:26 am
"@GaryParrishCBS: Donnie Tyndall will be fired as Tennessee's basketball coach, a source told @CBSSports. Story coming.

Hyams reporting it as well.  Prohm to UT?

The_Iceman

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 27, 2015, 06:51:26 am

Tennessee needs a good hire, or this could get bad for them.

TNhogfan

Jimmy Hyams of Sports Radio WNML 990 in Knoxville is reporting Dave Hart met with Donnie Tyndall this morning and did fire him.  WNML is the flagship station of the Vol Network, so they would not report this without really good sourcing. 

TexArkHogFan

The REAL reason was he just didn't look good in that orange jacket.  And, that heavyweight assistant on the bench, Lord, he makes Sam Pittman look like a lightweight. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

dsims2k3

Now here comes the really big question: Will Tennessee throw the checkbook at Bruce Pearl?
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Pignominious

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2015, 07:12:11 am
Tennessee needs a good hire, or this could get bad for them.

Unbelievable mismanagement by them. Hard to fathom how they went from the Sweet Sixteen a year ago to this. Their last coach went to Cal, a lateral move at best, and now they've fired his replacement only one year in.

The next guy has a long road ahead. Probably a mid-major type. Will be fortunate if he's still the coach in four years.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

TNhogfan

Quote from: dsims2k3 on March 27, 2015, 07:35:39 am
Now here comes the really big question: Will Tennessee throw the checkbook at Bruce Pearl?
Jimmy Hyams just reported that the reputation of the program will make it hard to attract any big names.  As for Pearl, there was more than the lying about the cookout, that got him fired.  Moneywise an up and comer - mid-major coach or assistant at a upper school will be all they can afford.

Hyams also said UT has a point guard recruit on campus this weekend for his official visit.  Tyndall was in New Mexico yesterday recruiting when Hart had his conference call with the NCAA.  He then called Tyndall home for a meeting this morning and at that point fired him.  Press conference @ 11:00 Knoxville time.

jry04

PonderinHog

How many ex-coaches is Tennessee paying these days?

Cresthog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on March 27, 2015, 07:35:39 am

After just firing another coach for violations?

Even they're not that stupid.

hobhog

AD has to take some heat on the last few years decision making....,

TNhawgfan

I have no sympathy for tn. I hope their next hire is so bad they become the doormat of the SEC.
I despise their school. When i die i want my epitaph to be from kahn: ut, from hells heart i stab at thee

sowmonella

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 27, 2015, 08:13:36 am

This many in BB.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Lanny

Not a good time to be a Vol Basketball fan
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hoglady

Many on here singing his praises when we played Tenn this year.
He sure doesn't look so good now.
No one should be surprised - you could see this coming months ago.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

opineonswine

Their AD isn't exactly doing a bang-up job either.

TNhogfan

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 27, 2015, 08:13:36 am
They finished paying Fulmer and Pearl; Cuonzo left on his on, so no money to him.  The old baseball coach had a low buyout and they've been through with Buzz Peterson for years.  Not sure how long Dooley's buyout was, but he did have a nice one courtesy of the old AD.  In addition, since Hart has been AD, he had fired over 20 athletic department employees - a number from the old women's department and this has resulted in lawsuits and in paying early retirements.  Their department has not been in good fiscal shape for several years.  Some in media are saying they will NOT have to pay Tyndall since it is for cause; others think they may have to pay him a small buyout.

WilsonHog

John Pelphrey, anyone?

TNhawgfan

Quote from: TNhogfan on March 27, 2015, 09:11:38 am
They finished paying Fulmer and Pearl; Cuonzo left on his on, so no money to him.  The old baseball coach had a low buyout and they've been through with Buzz Peterson for years.  Not sure how long Dooley's buyout was, but he did have a nice one courtesy of the old AD.  In addition, since Hart has been AD, he had fired over 20 athletic department employees - a number from the old women's department and this has resulted in lawsuits and in paying early retirements.  Their department has not been in good fiscal shape for several years.  Some in media are saying they will NOT have to pay Tyndall since it is for cause; others think they may have to pay him a small buyout.
I was going to make a joke about you stalking me and making your username as close to mine as possible, but then I noticed you registered before me. So I'm the stalker...sorry, I promise I'll keep my distance

The_Iceman

The Wofford coach might be someone they look at.

TNhogfan

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 27, 2015, 09:15:31 am
I was going to make a joke about you stalking me and making your username as close to mine as possible, but then I noticed you registered before me. So I'm the stalker...sorry, I promise I'll keep my distance
Ha.  No problem.  There are not many of us in the land of the Orange.  I like living in ETN, but some of their fans are borderline delusional.  It's been great this morning listening to the calls on WNML talk about getting Marshall over Bama. 

opineonswine

Quote from: TNhogfan on March 27, 2015, 09:18:46 am
Ha.  No problem.  There are not many of us in the land of the Orange.  I like living in ETN, but some of their fans are borderline delusional.  It's been great this morning listening to the calls on WNML talk about getting Marshall over Bama.

Tennessee is my favorite "other" SEC state because the people are more like us, IMO, than the rest of the SEC (and I just like the state).  HOWEVER, when it comes to UT fans....delusional only skims the surface.  H O R R I B L E

TNhogfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2015, 09:15:23 am
John Pelphrey, anyone?
They had his coaching cousin - Buzz Peterson - years ago.  The last time I saw them play under Buzz they had 4,000 in 25,000 seat arena to barely beat some team from the A-Sun just a week or so after Chattanooga beat them.
But Pelphrey type is about what they can afford and with a football focused AD, someone like him will be who they probably go after.

Kevin

when is north carolina going to fire roy williams?

that's right never
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bosshog84

John Pelphrey, anyone?

LOL!

Heard Stan Heath is unemployed too

Cresthog

Bobby Hurley?

If he's holding for the Duke job, would TN not be the perfect place despite him being a Jersey guy?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: -Blu on March 26, 2015, 03:04:25 pm
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 52m52 minutes ago
Latest info I've received is that Tennessee will have an announcement on Donnie Tyndall tomorrow. Prognostication is still not good.

What does this mean?  Suspension or could he possibly be out?

This is an example of why Tennessee is a joke program in the SEC. Can't even keep a catch 3 years shows the dysfunction of that athletic program.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Kevin on March 27, 2015, 09:26:36 am
when is north carolina going to fire roy williams?

that's right never

Not like it would matter. George Karl or Larry Brown would take the job in a heart beat

TheRazorbackGuy

John Pelphrey, anyone?

Does Tennessee want to hire a circus clowne? Maybe Tennessee wants their basketball games to be circus like atmosphere for the kids. If you want to be a side show, circus show laughing stock then you bring in the dufus Jon Pelphrey.

-Blu

Running off Cuonzo Martin has come back to bite them.  Martin wasn't the greatest coach in the world, but he kept the program clean and was trending upwards every year he was there, including a sweet 16 run.  He wasn't a bad recruiter either, had they left him alone and just let him coach, instead of thinking they were Kentucky and should be competing for a national championship every year, they would have been in a much better situation right now.

As it stands, the best case scenario for them is a mid-major up and comer, and it's not even going to be a top notch up and comer that program isn't remotely attractive at the moment.  My guess is they'll get like Louisiana Tech's head coach or some guy of that caliber.