Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enclosed Deer Stands

Started by AFTSHOG, February 13, 2009, 01:32:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTSHOG

Is there anyone in Arkansas that builds a nice enclosed deer stand?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HuntinHog

hogdiggity

used to be a guy in Malvern that had a welding shop that built some awful nice frames.  You had to put your own material around it but he was very reasonable for the frames.

There is also a guy in Wickes that has a welding shop that builds some pretty nice frames.  He used to build a big tower box that would breakdown into 3 parts and fit in back of a pickup.  Don't remember his name, but Wickes is very small, you could probably call the EZ Mart there and ask who ownes the welding shop on 71N and they could tell you.

jdh71

I know a guy in Texas that builds an excellent stand, I hunted in them this past season and they are top notch,
www.longhornoutdoors.com
look under products

pioneerhog

Quote from: jdh71 on February 13, 2009, 10:51:02 pm
I know a guy in Texas that builds an excellent stand, I hunted in them this past season and they are top notch,
www.longhornoutdoors.com
look under products
I would rather be a little higher off the ground than that. I like the 20 foot or so that the ones that are on some land I hunt. My dad and his best friend, which is the land owner, built them. The box is built on the top of 4 power poles, some of them have windows in them but most don't. The power poles can be hard to come by if you don't know someone that works for a power company and will give you the old poles when they replace them.

jdh71

They are a little short but we were mainly hunting open wheat fields, but we did hunt some that were taller, if a person was interested he would probably build it to whatever height they wanted. His stand spoiled me, they had tinted plexiglass, carpeted floors and were totally enclosed, I would set on this one particular stand in the evening and wear a thin long sleeve shirt and be warm even with the wind howling and the temp around 35-40.

hogdiggity

This is the guy in malvern's info:

Sportsmen Fabrication
10694 Highway 222
Malvern, AR 72104
(501) 332-6693‎

Porkys Revenge

Try the sportsmans condo stands. Tough to beat and they mount on 4x4's.

J.A.Y.

Allen Gate and Panel in Prattsville, AR.

B/t Sheridan and Malvern.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.