Started by factchecker, August 17, 2017, 11:45:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tusks

Can Thursday be the last Hogs game in WMS and just get it over with....pls.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Headhog32

Quote from: tusked on August 17, 2017, 11:50:11 pm
Can Thursday be the last Hogs game in WMS and just get it over with....pls.
as much as I hate to say it, the razorbacks need to keep the WMS games. if Arkansas football drops WMS then another team will pick them up most like Arkansas state. and it would really help Arkansas states fan base and I wouldn't say that it would "hurt" Arkansas fan base but I know the war memorial stadium game is huge for the fan base of razorback football

razCzar

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 12:36:49 am
as much as I hate to say it, the razorbacks need to keep the WMS games. if Arkansas football drops WMS then another team will pick them up most like Arkansas state. and it would really help Arkansas states fan base and I wouldn't say that it would "hurt" Arkansas fan base but I know the war memorial stadium game is huge for the fan base of razorback football
Oh, is there some policy/'rule', which says both institutions can't play there within a season?

Has A-State even expressed the desire to play there at all?

goodguytex

Quote from: razCzar on August 18, 2017, 02:52:12 am
Oh, is there some policy/'rule', which says both institutions can't play there within a season?

There's nothing keeping A State from playing games there every year. We usually only play one game there. If they want to play there, and try to get the fan base in that part of the state on their side, why haven't they already?

Could it possibly be because they play their home games at their home? And think that's what college football teams should do? I know that may seem like strange thinking to some. But.....

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 18, 2017, 04:46:25 am
There's nothing keeping A State from playing games there every year. We usually only play one game there. If they want to play there, and try to get the fan base in that part of the state on their side, why haven't they already?

Could it possibly be because they play their home games at their home? And think that's what college football teams should do? I know that may seem like strange thinking to some. But.....

Yeah,for some reason they wish to maximize their profit by playing all their games on campus. I think they would be open to playing at WMS if the stadium paid them to. Of course, the commission doesn't have any money, so.......

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 07:52:18 am
Yeah,for some reason they wish to maximize their profit by playing all their games on campus. I think they would be open to playing at WMS if the stadium paid them to. Of course, the commission doesn't have any money, so.......

Non-conference games in Jonesboro are rare for A-State. They need the big money they make by playing at P5 schools. They do play one there every once in a while though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

jonesboro state doesn't want to play there either:

Quote"We're very open to entertaining any offer, but for us to just go pay rent some place, that's not going to happen," ASU Athletic Director Terry Mohajir said. "It has to be financially beneficial to help strengthen our program."

ASU and UAPB had a oral agreement to play its 2013 game there, but it was moved to Jonesboro so ASU could play its first game under then-Coach Bryan Harsin on campus. Mohajir and Crass haven't talked about playing a future game in central Arkansas since.

"We have great supporters in central Arkansas, but we're going to make our decisions on how it benefits Arkansas State and our athletic department," Mohajir said.

Heck, uca understands the difficulties of playing there too:

QuoteUCA Athletic Director Brad Teague said the last time his school played at War Memorial in 2008 resulted in a "big financial loss."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/17/war-memorial-not-an-easy-sell-20141017/

Here is the funny thing..... jonesboro state fans think that WMS should pay them and/or their opponent to play a neutral site game in Little Rock:

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Article/An-Open-Letter-to-the-leadership-in-Central-Arkansas-wanting-Tro-106158494

People need to realize that the only team who will gladly play in WMS in ualr..... because it's cheaper than building their own stadium.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

August 18, 2017, 08:14:08 am #8 Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:25:28 am by factchecker
Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 07:52:18 am

You are right.  Their fanboard thinks that WMS should pay them millions to come play there.  Do they not realize that we've been paying WMS to play there for years?  That we've been paying the stadium rent and losing money in the process.  Do they really think WMS is going to fork out money for a "neutral" site Sunbelt game?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on August 18, 2017, 08:10:35 am
jonesboro state doesn't want to play there either:

Heck, uca understands the difficulties of playing there too:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/17/war-memorial-not-an-easy-sell-20141017/

Here is the funny thing..... jonesboro state fans think that WMS should pay them and/or their opponent to play a neutral site game in Little Rock:

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Article/An-Open-Letter-to-the-leadership-in-Central-Arkansas-wanting-Tro-106158494

People need to realize that the only team who will gladly play in WMS in ualr..... because it's cheaper than building their own stadium.

It would be absurdly silly for UCA to play in WMS since their campus and Stadium is maybe 20 minutes away from LR.

A-State can't financially afford to play there. They wouldn't make enough money to make it worth their while.

With DWRRS expanding again it makes no sense for the Hogs to play in WMS so I figure the 2018 game there will be the last Hog football game in WMS.

factchecker

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 08:27:50 am
It would be absurdly silly for UCA to play in WMS since their campus and Stadium is maybe 20 minutes away from LR.

A-State can't financially afford to play there. They wouldn't make enough money to make it worth their while.

With DWRRS expanding again it makes no sense for the Hogs to play in WMS so I figure the 2018 game there will be the last Hog football game in WMS.

You make good points guv.

I don't understand why the Razorbacks are vilified by every idiot in the state when we recognize the logistic and financial difficulties of playing in Little Rock.  The other in state programs say just as much if not more than us. It's difficult to sacrifice an on campus home game for a neutral site unless you are being paid to play there.  Our other neutral site game (SW Classic) pays us to play there.

Our athletic director, coaches, and players have to walk on egg shells when discussing Little Rock because the fans of WMS are an extremely sensitive and fickle group.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on August 18, 2017, 08:31:55 am
You make good points guv.

I don't understand why the Razorbacks are vilified by every idiot in the state when we recognize the logistic and financial difficulties of playing in Little Rock.  The other in state programs say just as much if not more than us. It's difficult to sacrifice an on campus home game for a neutral site unless you are being paid to play there.  Our other neutral site game (SW Classic) pays us to play there.

Our athletic director, coaches, and players have to walk on egg shells when discussing Little Rock because the fans of WMS are an extremely sensitive and fickle group.

The statement that the Hogs are being paid to play in the Southwest Classic against A&M is a misnomer. Arkansas gets to keep the ticket money they make from the game while the Stadium keeps parking and concessions money. If the Hogs sell out their part of the stadium (which they usually do), they make 5 million dollars.

Seebs

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 08:48:45 am
The statement that the Hogs are being paid to play in the Southwest Classic against A&M is a misnomer. Arkansas gets to keep the ticket money they make from the game while the Stadium keeps parking and concessions money. If the Hogs sell out their part of the stadium (which they usually do), they make 5 million dollars.

With the kids we are starting to sign out of the DFW area the Dallas game is worth a trillion -billion dollars.  Maybe it is coincidence.

I grew up in LR and now cringe when I even drive through there. LR is a weeping, draining, herpes on the mouth of Arkansas. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Sivad

Quote from: razCzar on August 18, 2017, 02:52:12 am
J-Town State has played there before. They couldn't draw a crowd.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 08:48:45 am

Semantics, paid to play, or keep the ticket revenue, it's still money.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 08:03:29 am
Non-conference games in Jonesboro are rare for A-State. They need the big money they make by playing at P5 schools. They do play one there every once in a while though.

They play two a year, I guess that is rare in your world.

factchecker

Quote from: Sivad on August 18, 2017, 09:55:59 am
J-Town State has played there before. They couldn't draw a crowd.

Correct.  The last time jonesboro state played there was 2006 vs. Okie Lite.  Had around 20k in attendance.

You can see the packed stands behind Gundy in the picture below:

I'm sure state blames the Razorbacks for their dismal attendance.  They probably claim we scheduled a marquee match-up in Fayetteville just to ensure nobody would attend their game.  The truth?  We beat Utah State in Fayetteville in front of 69,491.  I guess fans from around the state rather drive to Fayetteville to watch the Hogs play Utah State.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FraggleHog

You just had to do it, didn't you?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like the players benches/chairs have been set up for tonights "walk through game"

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 18, 2017, 01:44:06 pm
Looks like the players benches/chairs have been set up for tonights "walk through game"

Ahh cool. Saw some people out there last night too and was wondering what was going on.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 18, 2017, 01:49:17 pm
Ahh cool. Saw some people out there last night too and was wondering what was going on.

I think that was the band out there last night.

theFlyingHog

What in the name of Zeus' *** did y'all do to this thread?

woodhog14

Arkansas State has said when the Razorbacks leave, they will not play in WMS because of the same reason we won't. Money. The AD was quoted in the ADG a year or so ago saying they wouldn't do a WMS game because they make more by playing in Jonesboro. They have to pay off all of their new additions somehow.

Headhog32

Quote from: woodhog14 on August 18, 2017, 01:53:27 pm
Arkansas State has said when the Razorbacks leave, they will not play in WMS because of the same reason we won't. Money. The AD was quoted in the ADG a year or so ago saying they wouldn't do a WMS game because they make more by playing in Jonesboro. They have to pay off all of their new additions somehow.
ok I apologize, I was under the impression that Arkansas state would take over WMS. my bad.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 18, 2017, 01:52:25 pm
What in the name of Zeus' *** did y'all do to this thread?

Made it 19 pages and someone just had to bring up friggin GSD.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: hogfan14 on August 17, 2017, 04:12:38 pm
The Texans have a "Quiet: Offense at work" graphic with construction tape and cones that they put up when they are on offense. Thought that was pretty cool.
We used that graphic last year.

code red

Um no.  You can actually see the trees on sideline shots....its not a SEC venue.  It had its place.  It had its time.  Now its time to retire WMS.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

010HogFan

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Thought I'd be able to sneak a peek of tonights activities in the stadium, but they turned the SEZ camera around lol. Thats probably a good thing though.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 18, 2017, 09:42:07 pm
Thought I'd be able to sneak a peek of tonights activities in the stadium, but they turned the SEZ camera around lol. Thats probably a good thing though.

Funny was trying to do the same!! I'm impressed they thought to do that. Not sure how many teams would try to watch but certainly possible.

Headhog32

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 18, 2017, 09:52:56 pm
Funny was trying to do the same!! I'm impressed they thought to do that. Not sure how many teams would try to watch but certainly possible.
I thought the camera just took pictures? is there a way to watch it live?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 09:59:30 pm
I thought the camera just took pictures? is there a way to watch it live?
It takes a picture every 12ish minutes. It would be just our luck that it took a picture of one of our key alignments or something big

Headhog32

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 18, 2017, 10:52:57 pm
It takes a picture every 12ish minutes. It would be just our luck that it took a picture of one of our key alignments or something big
oh okay thank you I wasn't sure on that. and yes I'm not sure if any other team would get on there and scout but It sure would suck if that happened

JackMcQueen

That storm that rolled through had wind so strong it turned the camera around!
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!