Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Missouri

Started by flippinhogmana, February 09, 2018, 04:50:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

beating them will be even a taller order than beating Tenner would have been because of match ups, but it is at our place, and I think we would have a revenge factor going for us like we did against Bama for a different reason.  Still beating them would be a tall order, but I do think we have learned a lot our last two games, and I think MM and DC always give us a shot.

Game time is Sunday at 4:00 pm and the game will be televised, but the more people pack it at Bud the better.
game will as usual also be on SEC+ for internet coverage.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

The two main players we have to corral is Cunningham and Porter, although all their starters can do damage.  Porter has been playing lights out of late, and Cunningham is always a threat.  Mainly we have to stop their gives and goes and underhanded layups.  I think Macy Weaver has to play this game and play well for us to have a chance to win.  Another of career highs for DC and MM would help as well.  We have to keep our turnovers down and turn them over instead, and we have to do well at the line ourselves. 
Can we beat them?  I think we can despite the previous score at their place.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

Tickets are ONE dollar for this game.
Surely we have people that can afford that.

logic

Quote from: ladybackfan on February 09, 2018, 08:11:26 pm
Tickets are ONE dollar for this game.
Surely we have people that can afford that.
If not, I give them a dollar.

razorjack

What  about the roads?  Many ln NWA are covered with ice.

hawg1221

Quote from: razorjack on February 11, 2018, 10:46:42 am
What  about the roads?  Many ln NWA are covered with ice.

It should stay below freezing until around 2pm. I'm sure the roads have been salted/sanded. With the normal traffic, I would say the roads will be fine if you use caution and don't drive like a maniac.

Dr. Starcs

Secn reporting game may be rescheduled. Mizzou having trouble getting here.

flippinhogmana

already been announced, just not sure when, it was first thought just delayed, now maybe monday.

ladybackfan

flippinhogmana

hawg1221

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 11, 2018, 12:29:09 pm
It should stay below freezing until around 2pm. I'm sure the roads have been salted/sanded. With the normal traffic, I would say the roads will be fine if you use caution and don't drive like a maniac.

Oh, I lied. It won't even get to freezing today. And some back roads are still slick.

logic

FAYETTEVILLE — Today's Southeastern Conference women's basketball game between the University of Arkansas and the University of Missouri has been moved to Monday, Feb. 12, at 6 p.m.

Missouri was delayed due to weather-related travel issues. Doors for Monday's game will open at 5 p.m. and tickets are just $1.

Arkansas is working with the SEC Network to televise Monday's game.

More information will be sent out on ArkansasRazorbacks.com and through social media as it becomes available.

LadybackBBFan

The game should be a forfeit.  Any team that waits to travel by airplane on game day does not deserve a chance to play the game.  Ridiculous.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 11, 2018, 04:48:28 pm
The game should be a forfeit.  Any team that waits to travel by airplane on game day does not deserve a chance to play the game.  Ridiculous.

This. They probably needed a safe place to hideout in for a while. Hope we kick their a$$ even more now.

logic

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 11, 2018, 04:52:47 pm
This. They probably needed a safe place to hideout in for a while. Hope we kick their a$$ even more now.
I don't expect to beat Missouri, but it won't be because we are out-coached. It would be nice if we can keep the final score under ten points.  However, I don't know if it is possible for our players to play as hard as they did against Tennessee two games in row.

flippinhogmana

February 11, 2018, 07:08:47 pm #15 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:25:21 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: logic on February 11, 2018, 06:23:34 pm
I don't expect to beat Missouri, but it won't be because we are out-coached. It would be nice if we can keep the final score under ten points.  However, I don't know if it is possible for our players to play as hard as they did against Tennessee two games in row.
extended quote from Tenner thread "I concede that Tennessee will win.  Probably by 20 points unless their entire team comes down with flu or something of that nature.  So rather than paying any attention to the score, I will be entertained by watching what Monk and other of my favorite players do."

At least you are headed in the right direction!

I am not entirely convinced that is precise and applicable logic for a variety of reasons.  Basketball is not purely logical.  It is a game played with emotion among other things.  A desire for revenge often motivates people to achieve things not otherwise attainable.  For instance, our game against Tenner, far from draining the girls, might very well serve to enlighten them.  They may see that if they could nearly beat the Vols, they should be able to pull the same off with Mizzou, particularly wanting to avenge the drubbing they got from them at their place.

These are also 18-22 year olds - they have a short muscle memory - physically they should be well recovered from whatever physical taxation their effort pulled from them.  Mix in the disruption that the travel difficulties might inflict upon Mizzou, and I dont view it entirely outside the realm of possibility that we could pull off a defeat of the Tigers. 

Devin Cosper is surging as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see another career high from her, plus a couple of players who didnt see the court against Tenner could surprise.  I also want to beat Mizzou more than I did Tenner.  Logically, or illogically, I think we will beat them.

LadybackBBFan

tonight's game will be on the internet - SECN+

flippinhogmana

tipoff should be in about fifteen minutes

99toLife

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2018, 05:47:57 pm
tipoff should be in about fifteen minutes
Should be a fun game to watch..

flippinhogmana

other than porter at 6-4, mizzou isnt really all that much taller than us, at 5-7, 6-1, 5-11, 6-4 and 6-1 in their starting lineup (aldredge, Cunningham, Smith, Porter and Fredricks)

flippinhogmana

we also show our usual lineup of Monk, Cosper, Williams, Zimmerman, and Mason

flippinhogmana

aldridge took it to monk last time, I wonder if Malica has her own personal revenge to extract in this game?  they also hurt us a lot with the give and go, I suppose MN has that ciphered by this game.

flippinhogmana

tipoff should be coming up in less than five minutes now

flippinhogmana

the players are on the court and we are at tipoff

flippinhogmana

guess what the opponent getss the tip and Porter hits her first shot, tigers two oh
williams gets a shot inside, misses, gets the boards but loses the ball and Cunningham, hits a three, 5-0 tigers
Monk hits a two pointer off a screen, smith hits a three, 8-2 tigers and zimmer misses a dog shot, cosper the boards
mason misses a three

flippinhogmana

cosper picks up a foul on an inside shot for porter who hits the first ft and the second
10-2 tigers
mason hits a three from the ocnrer, 10-5

99toLife

flippinhogmana

monk fouls porter on the drive, to the line for two, hits both, 12-5 mizzou
mason misses a jumper in the lane,
porter travels
zimmer hits a three, 12-8 hogs back four
mizzou hits inside and foul on williams, ft coming up, ft good, 15-8
with 6:22 to go

99toLife

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2018, 06:08:14 pm
monk fouls porter on the drive, to the line for two, hits both, 12-5 mizzou
mason misses a jumper in the lane,
porter travels
zimmer hits a three, 12-8 hogs back four
mizzou hits inside and foul on williams, ft coming up, ft good, 15-8
with 6:22 to go

Nice job Flip- keep it up..

flippinhogmana

another 3 pointer for the tigers, and mizzou with a ten point lead, 18-8
and a hogs turnover and foul on Thomas who is in
and Cunningham hits inside, 20-8
cosper drives and misses
aldredge hits a three, 23-8
mason drives and will go to the line

flippinhogmana

tigers are red hot, and havent missed from the line either.  lets see how long they can keep this up.

flippinhogmana

4:46 to go when plays resumes out of the first media timeout

99toLife

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 12, 2018, 06:11:24 pm
tigers are red hot, and havent missed from the line either.  lets see how long they can keep this up.

BB games can go up and down  teams get hot and cold .  just don't let your downs go too low..

flippinhogmana

tigers are eight of nine from the field and perfect from the line.
mason hits both fts, 23-10, swinson, tohmas and RMB are in now
Cunningham rattles in a three, 26-10
swinson misses a three
mizzou hits another three, 29-10
thmoas is blocked inside
monk and copser on the bench
hogs with a shot clock violation before a zimmer miss
mizzou finally misses a three

99toLife

33-10 Mizzou 1:55 1st   getting ugly

flippinhogmana

mizzou hits a point bank shot, 31-10
another shot inside by mi33-10
monk loses the ball
hogs tie the tigers up, porter and rnb
hogs ball, mason hits a jumper 33-12 and a tigers turnover, tigers shooting 85 percent from the field in the first quarter

flippinhogmana

mason is fouled on the shot, will shoot two, hits the first and the second 33-14
and thats the score at the end of the first quarter

flippinhogmana

mizzou opens the quarter with the ball, misses a three and cunningham fouls trying to get the board, non shooting
thomas shoots and misses down low with the left hand
mizzou player down (smith)
being carried off the floor (looks like a cosper type injury)

flippinhogmana

mizzou misses inside
zimmer puts up a wild shot but hogs get the off board and tigers kick the ball,
hogs with a fresh shot clock
rnb misses a three but swinson with the boards
zimmer hits a three, 33-17
7;45 to go

flippinhogmana

cunningham hits a three as the shot clock winds down, 36-17
rnb misses a three
mizzou hits a two, 38-17
zimmer misses three, swinson gets the board and misses, thomas cleans it up, 38-19

flippinhogmana

monk, weaver and cosper in now
hogs ball after a tigers foul
monk misses
igers hit a jumper, 40-18
ball goes into weaver who draws a foul on Porter, with two from the line,  hits the first, and the second, 40-21`five minutes to go in the half

flippinhogmana

weaver beat on the drive fives up a bucket, 42-21
cosper hits a three, 42-24
olay defense and mizzou hits a jumper
cosper hits another three, 44-27
missou only hitting 70 per cent from the field now
mizzou hits inside again, 46-27
weaver hits inside, 46-29
mizzou missing more often now,
media timeout with 2;50 to go in the half
hogs will have the ball when play resumes

flippinhogmana

up and down, weaver out, rnb in no more scoring so far, but now mizzou hits a three for a twenty point lead, 49-29
Immer gets  a steal, but misses the layup
and that is the half time score, only one bucket in the lst 2:50, and that was the three pointer from mizzou to get their 20 point lead back.

flippinhogmana

mason leads with nine points, copser and zimmer have two three apeice for six points, weaver has four and monk and thomas have two points

flippinhogmana

williams has two fouls and played only four minutes, no points

flippinhogmana

thomas leads with boards, six
swinson has two boards, both offensive

flippinhogmana

play will resume shortly

flippinhogmana

teams back on the floor
hogs open with the ball
monk misses a three
cunningham misses a wide open give an go
cosper travels
weaver is in and blocks missouri's shot
cunningham fouls zimmer on the shot (3)
hits the first, and the second, misses the first actually, 49-31
weaver contests cunningham's shot and picks up the foul
cunningham to the line
hits both
mason misses a runer
tigers turn it over
zimmer hits a jumper off a drive, 51-33
mizzou misses
7:44 to go in the third
mason hits a mid range jumper 51-35
they call a bogus foul on weaver, its pure block and it was a bogus call
mizzou hits both 53-35
zimmer misses
weaver with a board
hogs with a turnover

flippinhogmana

cosper with a defesnive board, wever got away with an offensive foul
zimmer fouled porter and will go to the line for the and one, 55-35 weaver comes out
thomas in
porter hits the shot to go up by 21 again
thomas turns it over
and the tigers hit a three (their ninth)
monk drives dishes to thomas who its 59-37
4:50 to go in the third
media timeout and a foul on some hogs I didnt see who

flippinhogmana

mason leading in scoring with 11, zimmer with 10
tigers up by 22 at the line for two, hits the first, and the second, 61-37
rnb misses
mizzou board
monk hits a driving layup
61-39and misses the ft
cunningham hits a three (her fourth of the game) 64-39
thmas misses, thomas misses inside again
weaver back in
cunningham scores insdie 66-39
zimmer puts up a wild shot and is blocked but gets the generous foul, will go to the line, at least she is trying to make somehting happen, misses the first, and hits the second 66-40