Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

team weakness

Started by Bohemond, April 17, 2013, 03:08:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bohemond

Raw power. This team lacks sufficient raw power. Isolated power is .088. Horrible. That is how many extra bases this team averages per at bat. If they hit nothing but singles it would be 0. Dave van horn has collected a lot of singles hitters with average results as indicated by the .359 on base percentage. Slugging percentage is .360. All stats as of Monday.

I know fielding errors are frustrating but they are just that...errors. They can't be anticipated or compensated for. The team has an excellent defensive efficiency rating  and as aided the pitching staff as indicated by Team FIP. 

The team is not getting any better this year. That's not to say they can't play better but Dave van horn is going to have to get some guys with pop in their bats to make this team better overall. Not necessarily home run hitters. Some pull hitters or gaps hitters would help.

Sueie

Trust me help is on the way.
Remember the name Benintendi. (sp)

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Sueie on April 17, 2013, 03:15:09 pm
Trust me help is on the way.
Remember the name Benintendi. (sp)
And Burgess and Baxendale will be coming off of injury.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ucahogfan

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 17, 2013, 03:18:19 pm
And Burgess and Baxendale will be coming off of injury.
Hellbusch and Farris have a lot of raw power as well.  Anderson and Spoon have shown a lot of pop this year.

And our 2014 class has a lot of big powerful guys already committed.  Keaton McKinney, Chad Spanberger, Josh Ockimey, and Blake Wiggins all have good power.

And if by some miracle, Jon Denney has the type of power to make most ballparks look small.

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 17, 2013, 03:28:02 pm
Hellbusch and Farris have a lot of raw power as well.  Anderson and Spoon have shown a lot of pop this year.

And our 2014 class has a lot of big powerful guys already committed.  Keaton McKinney, Chad Spanberger, Josh Ockimey, and Blake Wiggins all have good power.

And if by some miracle, Jon Denney has the type of power to make most ballparks look small.
how many make it to campus, is the question
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on April 17, 2013, 05:26:48 pm
how many make it to campus, is the question
I believe most in the 2014 class make it to campus.  Wiggins has been committed for like 2 years already and McKinney has been committed for over a year.  They are top 75 players in their class and McKinney can also throw 94 off the mound so playing both ways at Arkansas could intrigue him.

There is about a .0000001% chance Denney makes it to campus, but there is always a slim chance like Bregman getting hurt last year and falling in the draft.

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 17, 2013, 05:31:47 pm
I believe most in the 2014 class make it to campus.  Wiggins has been committed for like 2 years already and McKinney has been committed for over a year.  They are top 75 players in their class and McKinney can also throw 94 off the mound so playing both ways at Arkansas could intrigue him.

There is about a .0000001% chance Denney makes it to campus, but there is always a slim chance like Bregman getting hurt last year and falling in the draft.

Just tired of high ranking classes until the draft, then we have lost a lot studs.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on April 17, 2013, 05:53:55 pm
Just tired of high ranking classes until the draft, then we have lost a lot studs.
Same here.  Denney is about the only one I see losing this year from a borderline top 10 class.  And I can see us getting all 12 guys currently committed for the 2014 class to campus.  That is the one that DVH spoke so highly off concerning Butler and it looks like it is paying off.

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 17, 2013, 05:57:22 pm
Same here.  Denney is about the only one I see losing this year from a borderline top 10 class.  And I can see us getting all 12 guys currently committed for the 2014 class to campus.  That is the one that DVH spoke so highly off concerning Butler and it looks like it is paying off.

I only follow the recruiting when they get to campus